Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2014 11:22:59 PM EDT
I have decided to accept a position in Yuma for AZGFD and in need of a place to live. I am looking for an apartment right now. Any suggestions on where or what areas to avoid?

The AZ Game and Fish dept. office is in the foothills just east of 8 1/2 rd. Was wanting to stay somewhat close to there. I can't really find any good info online about the areas.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Wildlife Manager/Game Warden?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No not yet. I am trying my hardest to become a wildlife manager tho!

I am a pronghorn technician. I primarily work out of Kofa and sometimes out of the Marine range.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The wife used to live in Yuma.  She said you're better off finding a house to rent in you want to stay in the Foothills.  The apartment are all going to be in town and over priced.

She recommends looking at a mobile home to rent off the Frontage Rd.  Check out the Yuma Sun online and look in the classifieds.

Hope this gets you started.

Congrats on the new job
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am a pronghorn technician. I primarily work out of Kofa and sometimes out of the Marine range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck to you!
Might run into you on the range. I herp the area just south of Cipriano Pass.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.zillow.com/fortuna-foothills-yuma-az/apartments/

Your office is on 9E, you could walk to work from here.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]

I grew up in Wellton.  My step-mom used to work for G&F in Yuma.  Just retired from BLM.  She and my dad still live in the Foothills area.

I agree, apartments in Yuma are sketchy and usually far away from where the G&F offices are.   Look in the Foothills and Mesa Del Sol for houses to rent.  You'll be much happier.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd try to find a small house for rent in the Tamarack area (by the college).  

The apartments in town can be a bit sketchy...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Check into "College Park" area and the Foothills, Mesa Del Sol, etc. "Tierra Mesa" also has homes for rent, is out of town and half way to your office. Not a bad neighborhood from what I know.

When you get here, shoot me a IM or email and I would be glad to show you around and maybe go out and shoot or show you the "real" Mexican places to eat.  I also have alot of contacts with the BLM resource folks if you ever need info. Been here forever, have a lot of contacts, BLM, Border Patrol, USMC, etc.  

IM or email me - I have worked closely with AZGF and there are people you need to watch out for in the Yuma office.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Good luck to you!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck to you!

Haven't been to Cipriano or High Tanks for years. Found some cool stuff out there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I second the Mesa Del Sol area.  Nice neighborhood and reasonable quick to most ammenities.  Worse Case live in Wellton Condos are always available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top