Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 12:40:44 PM EDT
Dillon Precision Products is looking for a full-time telephone customer service representative.  Reloading experience is a must, with preference to use of Dillon reloading equipment. Basic computer skills are necessary, such as typing and data entry. Primary activities would be entering orders placed by telephone, providing customer service and troubleshooting assistance to customers.

Workdays :Monday-Friday, some Saturdays.
You clock out for a half hour lunch, and get a paid 15 minute break in the morning and in the afternoon. Lunch and break times are scheduled.
The occasional Saturday will be from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Saturdays will be no more than two per month.
If scheduled for a Saturday, a day off will be designated during the week.
On Saturdays, lunch is provided, to be eaten at your desk, on the clock.

In addition to hourly wages, the following benefits are available:
Company subsidized medical and dental insurance within 60 days of hiring

AFLAC insurance is available. Local trip reduction program available.
Company -paid $15,000 life insurance policy
After 30 days, begin to accumulate sick/personal time, six days per year
After six months, begin to accumulate vacation time,
One year- five vacation days
Two years -10 vacation days
Five years- 15 vacation days
Ten years- 20 vacation days
After one year/1000 hours of service, can sign up for 401K program.
Signup occurs on January 1st or July 1st after one year/1000 hours of service

Please send resume and reloading history to : [email protected]

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in AZ?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Scottsdale, AZ, next to Scottsdale Municipal Airport
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
20 vacation days after 10 years of service?

My wife just accepted a position with a new employer who offered 25 days annually right off the bat.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My wife just accepted a position with a new employer who offered 25 days annually right off the bat.
View Quote

Then I guess this job would not be a good fit for her.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was it in a call center as a customer service rep?  Most of the time these jobs are hourly with no benefits so this is a few notches up IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
joekizanyu, thanks, I'll let my wife know not to look into a new job in an entirely different field than her degree is in.

No. She's not in this field. Far from it.

It's just since she took a position with a new company last week, her starting  PTO details are fresh on my mind.

I have no experience with how call center jobs are structured.

I just saw 5 days of annual vacation time for an employee with years of tenure, and thought that seemed very low for a full time employee.

I had more PTO in little jobs I worked back in college.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Most call centers are one step above slavery... Some are worse lol, there are always exceptions though.

Quoted:
joekizanyu, thanks, I'll let my wife know not to look into a new job in an entirely different field than her degree is in.

It's just since she took a position with a new company last week, her starting  PTO details are fresh on my mind.

I just saw 5 days of annual vacation time for an employee with years of tenure, and thought that seemed very low for a full time employee.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm just curious as why you chose to post something that could negatively affect Dillon Precision. You may think their benefits package is not up to your standards. That is fine. But why come in here and post in their thread? Why not support them?

Dillon Precision is one of the most pro-gun companies in existance. They also support the local economy.

We gun owners are truly our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm quite sure that Dillon Precision is going to be more than fine moving forward after I pointed out that 5 vacation days annually for a tenured employee is pretty subpar.

Highly unlikely they will have a problem filling that one employment spot they're looking to fill because of my comment.

If Dillon ends up going under in the near future, I'll feel really bad though.

Something tells me they are going to be just fine and not skip a beat...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm quite sure that Dillon Precision is going to be more than fine moving forward after I pointed out that 5 vacation days annually for a tenured employee is pretty subpar.

Highly unlikely they will have a problem filling that one employment spot they're looking to fill because of my comment.

View Quote

Quoted for posterity. I don't want to hijack their thread anymore, so as you're fond saying: I'm out. (but unlike you, I'll stay out).
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#11]
It's very nice that Dillon would come here to post about an opportunity, especially one that caters to someone interested in firearms. And, we need to remember that this is essentially an entry level job, albeit with a small amount of prior experience being a benefit.

It's not a job I would take given the slimness of the offer, but for somebody it might be exactly what they need. I'm glad that they're thinking of fellow gun owners when sourcing jobs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:35:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
most average jobs only get five paid vacation days after a year and ten after two years and THATS IT.  NOTHING MORE.

Count yourself lucky if you have always landed jobs where you get much more than that.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
most average jobs only get five paid vacation days after a year and ten after two years and THATS IT.  NOTHING MORE.

Count yourself lucky if you have always landed jobs where you get much more than that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  And I've worked for Fortune 100 companies, in professional positions.  10 days is pretty standard for big companies.  5 days after a year is also pretty standard.  I find it quite unbelievable that "most" companies give employees a full month of time off after only year.  Just not believable at all.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
It's certainly not most. I got 80 vacation hours my first year after I passed my 90 days probation, 120 hours year 2-3. My job is certainly not the norm.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't recall anyone calling anything the norm in regards to PTO from employers.

As already said, my wife just took a position with a brand new company last week, and was offered 25 vacation days from the very get go. She was at 25 days with her previous employer as well.

I'm speaking with my wife right now, and in regards to her previous employer in particular, it was standard for employees to start with 10 vacation days their first year, go up to 17 vacation days their second year, and so on.

I've never worked a job that didn't start with at least 10 vacation days either. So I don't know what else to say.

I'm a contractor now though, so I can take endless vacation days pretty much when I please, but I'm not paid for any of them. It works for me though, as I'm compensated well enough when I do work, and like getting a good amount of time off throughout the year.

Dillon is a great local company, and I apologize that my subtle comment spiraled into this - as that was truly not my intention. I'll once again say, my wife's new job just happened to be fresh on my mind, and when I saw the PTO layout for this position, I just found it a little interesting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#16]
So much drama over a job posting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup.  And I've worked for Fortune 100 companies, in professional positions.  10 days is pretty standard for big companies.  5 days after a year is also pretty standard.  I find it quite unbelievable that "most" companies give employees a full month of time off after only year.  Just not believable at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hard to say.  Some of the professional firms are 15 days vacation and unlimited casual sick time (beginning).  The catch is if you use them, you won't be there long.  This one is 18 (they give you 3 personal days on top of the vacation).  There's your month.  I agree though it's probably not most but I do believe 2 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick time (which is a month).  

http://www.ey.com/US/en/Careers/Students/Life-at-EY/Students---Life-at-EY#fragment-5-na
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I work for one of the largest pharmaceutical corporations in the world, my wife works for another well known pharma co.
Professionals (PhD, MD etc.) start with 3 weeks vacation at both companies. European companies often start with 4 week vacations, in the US it is almost unheard of.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I kind of like my work schedule. I work 8 weeks, 7 days a week, whatever hours needed to get the job done. Then I get 3 weeks off. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But then, my job is hardly normal. This scheudle is typical for oil/gas/mining.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:37:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I applied there many years ago. I had many years reloading experience at that time and I owned a several Dillon presses. When I went to interview there was a guy I knew from skydiving who we named Holy Joe who had a plate embedded in his head with little nubs sticking out that he could thread little attachments into. So who got the job? The freak with the plate in his head. He brought my order out to me when I was at Dillon picking up a new press and parts. Don't think he even owned a gun. Heard later he was telling people that it sucked.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I applied there many years ago. I had many years reloading experience at that time and I owned a several Dillon presses. When I went to interview there was a guy I knew from skydiving who we named Holy Joe who had a plate embedded in his head with little nubs sticking out that he could thread little attachments into. So who got the job? The freak with the plate in his head. He brought my order out to me when I was at Dillon picking up a new press and parts. Don't think he even owned a gun. Heard later he was telling people that it sucked.

View Quote

So you are saying you want the job?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#22]
As far as gun industry jobs go that's an an above average benefits package.

There's an Old Economy Steve Meme joke to be had here...
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.    Logistics just don't work out for me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Consider that you are reloader working in the holy grail of reloading equipment manufacturing, that job would net me negative.

I would probably need rotator cuff surgery and tommy johns too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amazon gives 1 week time off to start and it accrues 1 hour a week after that, last I heard.
I don't work there anymore. It used to be 40 hours TO total to start.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HELL NO! Just dealing with the counter people especially the lady at the counter when I need parts lets me know what kind of a place it is to work, she is a miserable person. I am only a miserable person when I work a miserable job.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Consider that you are reloader working in the holy grail of reloading equipment manufacturing, that job would net me negative.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy grail of the reloading industry is Camdex or Ammoload but the cost of admission is steep.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Uh... IN?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top