Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 11:16:11 AM EDT
I've always had bad allergies to plant and tree pollen and mild asthma, but the last week has been really bad for me. Anyone else noticing this?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
No, but my daughter hated October because of the controlled burns around Prescott. Think maybe that may be it?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I took a day off this week because my allergies were so bad.  I've never had bad allergies until this fall.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, My asthma has been under control for the past couple years, I haven't had to do a daily inhaler, only sigulair. But the past few weeks, at night, when I have been sitting at the couch, especially when the window is open, I start having a really hard time. I have had to use my Maxair rescue inhaler a few times lately to catch my breath. It sucks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here, bad allergies for the last couple decades. I don't know what is in the air, but
it's been pretty bad the past few days. Last week I ended up locking myself into a room with a
HEPA air cleaner 24/7 just to get a day of relief.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
My allergies are out of control
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Been coughing all week, and doing nightly breathing treatments.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Crop dusting season.
From defoliant for the Cotton, to insecticide for the Wheat, it's a bugger if you have resperatory problems.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a big Honeywell air purifier and it really seems to help.  I hate having to be confined in a room with it, but until the air clears up it's better than choking.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought a big Honeywell air purifier and it really seems to help.  I hate having to be confined in a room with it, but until the air clears up it's better than choking.
View Quote

They do help a lot. I actually got a particle counter to test things in my house, and a HEPA filter in a closed room will get the pollen count to zero.

I also learned from the counter you have to be careful with your clothes dryer if it vents outside,
when running it'll make your house have negative pressure and literally suck the pollen in, that was an eye opener to me.
I shifted to doing all laundry on one day and I close up the "clean" room when I'm doing it to minimize the pollen.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump to see if anyone else's breathing is getting better.  Mine has improved slightly, but this is the longest period of time I ever remember having this much trouble.  Actually thinking of going to see the doctor next week if it's not better.

How's everyone else doing?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine has let up quite a bit, I started using my daily flovent inhaler for about a week again, but have since stopped again. My eyes, and nose have been itchy/stuffed up this week however.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]
A bit of improvement as well. The pollen count has dropped a little, which probably explains it. Still got the sinus drip,
but I'm out of the please-kill-me-now phase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top