Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2014 5:34:59 AM EDT
I was at Walmart at 2 am today and they wouldn't let me buy ammo. Told me it's state law they can't sell past 12 or something like that. I can't remember the exact time.

Am I being trolled or is this shit for real?!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
No such law.

However, I called walmart corporate on this, and was told store managers can set this policy at their discretion.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No such law.

However, I called walmart corporate on this, and was told store managers can set this policy at their discretion.
View Quote

Ah gotcha. When I asked the employee about getting some ammo out of the case, he sent me up front to ask for someone. I was then redirected to the manager. From there, she told me I can't buy it.

I asked her why, and she stated "State Law". I was like wtf are you talking about?! When was this put in place?

"Always".
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ah gotcha. When I asked the employee about getting some ammo out of the case, he sent me up front to ask for someone. I was then redirected to the manager. From there, she told me I can't buy it.

I asked her why, and she stated "State Law". I was like wtf are you talking about?! When was this put in place?

"Always".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No such law.

"Always".

My freind works at Walmart overnight, it is thier store policy to not sell anything in the locked cases (guns, ammo, knifes) between 12:00-7:00, i believe that is the hours.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
what are you doing at Walmart at 2 a.m.? That's when the creepy crawlers are out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What are you doing at Walmart at 2 a.m.?
View Quote

Trying to beat the neckbeards to the ammo you silly goose.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what are you doing at Walmart at 2 a.m.? That's when the creepy crawlers are out.
View Quote

No kidding. But I actually just got off work, and decided to stop by
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:49:09 AM EDT
[#7]
No such law.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats why he needed the ammo...

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"Always".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No such law.

"Always".

She was just trying to shut you up.

My guess would be that they don't want to have to deal with having employees that are 'qualified' to sell certain things on Graveyard. Those guys who you can trust not to steal shit are more expensive than your average Wally-World employee.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I was denied from buying ammo at the Tucson walmart a few years ago.  Their policy at the time was no ammo sales after 9pm, they even had a sheet of paper taped to the counter that said this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top