Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 7:12:19 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm moving to Tucson in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any local gun stores and shooting ranges they recommend? Also, any class 3 dealer recommendations? I'll be living in the NW side of town next to Catalina Foothills.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I consider the Foothills to be North and Northeast side.  Closest range is likely going to be Pima Pistol Club.  As far as stores go, check out Tucson Guns, Murphys, Second Amendment, Diamondback and there is always Sportsmans Warehouse.  FYI almost everything is overpriced here.  I usually buy online or wait for a trip to the Phoenix area.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally I consider the Foothills to be North and Northeast side.  Closest range is likely going to be Pima Pistol Club.  As far as stores go, check out Tucson Guns, Murphys, Second Amendment, Diamondback and there is always Sportsmans Warehouse.  FYI almost everything is overpriced here.  I usually buy online or wait for a trip to the Phoenix area.
View Quote

All but sportsman are mid Tucson to easy side/south east. Not sure if the old jenson's on Flowing Wells is still there but that'd closer to North side as is Sportsman. I will second Pima Pistol. Plus you got Rail X up there but it's State Trust land...

I'm not sure of any other shops up that way anymore. But I've lived on the South East side for 12 + years now. The north side/Oro Valley has never had good shops that lasted. Might be wrong now but...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All but sportsman are mid Tucson to easy side/south east. Not sure if the old jenson's on Flowing Wells is still there but that'd closer to North side as is Sportsman. I will second Pima Pistol. Plus you got Rail X up there but it's State Trust land...

I'm not sure of any other shops up that way anymore. But I've lived on the South East side for 12 + years now. The north side/Oro Valley has never had good shops that lasted. Might be wrong now but...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jensens is long gone.  The last time I checked it was a Marksman Indoor Range now.  There is not much gun store wise anywhere on the NW side, other than Sportmans.  Your recollection of the area is still correct.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Jensens is long gone.  The last time I checked it was a Marksman Indoor Range now.  There is not much gun store wise anywhere on the NW side, other than Sportmans.  Your recollection of the area is still correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, I forgot they became a Marksman range. I used to shoot there as a teenager when it was still Jenson's. I left the north side/Oro valley in '97 when I left for the Navy. Came back to the east side, where all the gun shops are .

Black Weapons Armory
Second Amendment Sports (formerly Jenson's)
Tucson Guns
Murphy's
Diamond Backs
Marksman on 29th
The Armory (right next to Second Amendment)
And quite a few smaller shops/pawn shops selling guns over on this side of town.

Class 3- I think C and C off of Pima/Wilmont near the Costco does Class 3. I've had plenty of lowers sent to him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

I'm moving to Tucson in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any local gun stores and shooting ranges they recommend? Also, any class 3 dealer recommendations? I'll be living in the NW side of town next to Catalina Foothills.

Thanks.
View Quote

Welcome to my side of town

Nothing new to add that hasn't already been said.

Send me a PM if you have any questions about anything, I'll help if I can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:43:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
R and A Tactical is near Sportsman's and there is another should op, can't think of the name at the moment, that is on the Northeast corner of Orange Grove and Thornydale.  Neither place has a ton of inventory, but might be worth checking out.  Shipman firearms is also in that neck of the woods but he is a home based guy that does transfers ($15 w/ CCW) and special orders.  Murphy's, Diamondback, and 2nd Amendment are probably the biggest outfits.  Tucson Guns does class 3.  As mentioned, Pima Pistol Club will likely be your closest range.  If you want to do longer range, known distance shooting, or catch a different match than what PPC offers, there is the Tucson Rifle Club but that's a bit of a trek being all the way out at Three Points.
View Quote

AZ Gun Emporium?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#9]
My organization teaches courses at the Pima Pistol Club (we sponsor both Mas Ayoob and Tom Givens there)  We are the training vendor for Pima County Parks and Recreation at Pima County range at SERP, south east regional park next to the fairgrounds.  gatorfarmtactical.com
Tucson has some good gunstores.
The Catalina Foothills area will be easy to reach Murphy's on Ft. Lowell  (Take Campbell to Ft. Lowell turn left and go to Cluntry Club.  OR Sportsman's warehouse West on Ina to Thorneydale.  Two small gunstores near the area)
I suggest a trip to the other side of town may be worthwhile.
Blackguns Armory, Diamondback Police supply, Tucson Guns and Western Artifacts, and The Cash Box Pawn Shop, all have knowledgable folks.
In central Tucson The Armory and 2nd Amendment are on Elm near Swan Road.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Be sure to check out BK Sonoran dogs and El Guero Canelo Sonoran dogs, if you haven't already.  I lived here several years before I stumbled upon them.  

Get french fries and a grinder at Eegees. Barrio Brewery has excellent Tequila-Cilantro wings.  Hi Fi has a pretzel that is amazing.

I have found some decent deals at Murphs and Diamondback.  You have to be diligent and stop in at least once or twice a month, but you can find a gem once in a while. Tucson Guns has some great guys working there.  I will, hopefully, be in there today to pick up my AR10 lower.

There are a lot of smaller dealers that do economical transfers.  Tucson Guns charges $40, but they are the most convenient for me, and they were already listed with my chosen vendor.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top