Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 3:37:41 AM EDT
Does not say were he stands on the 2nd Amendment in any real depth..
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#1]
LINK

The Issue: Arizona must protect the liberty and safety of its citizens.

Child Protective Services. We need to commit ourselves to being the safest state in the country for children. We need to help and protect those who can’t protect themselves, and as governor I will ensure we have the tools and the resources to do the job right.

Defend the most fundamental right of any person – the right to life. We need to encourage across our state a culture of life in which the most vulnerable and needy are not viewed as a problem, but as a priority.

Emphasis on mental health. Arizona has solid protections for gun owners, hunters, and sportsmen. And yet whenever a violent act occurs, the kneejerk reaction is to call for more controls on guns.

The tragedies that have recently occurred – Tucson, Aurora, Newtown – would not have been averted with stricter gun laws. The common thread in these tragedies is that many warning signs were overlooked or ignored. Ensuring better cooperation between mental health agencies and law enforcement is the right approach.

Protecting our fundamental freedoms and keeping our communities and children safe. I will defend the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I will also fully protect the rights of crime victims, make the protection of Arizona children from criminal abuse and neglect the first priority of our laws, and work with the federal government to ensure Arizona’s veterans and military heroes receive top-level care and services as a symbol of a grateful nation.

Appropriate punishment for criminals who commit crimes with guns. The connection needs to be crystal clear: If you commit a violent act with a weapon, then you’re going to be severely punished for it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:00:58 AM EDT
[#2]

He kinda buries that important 2A message in a bunch of bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
... when in doubt, always choose the Republican (or highest NRA rated candidate) over any other choice on ballot
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... when in doubt, always choose the Republican (or highest NRA rated candidate) over any other choice on ballot
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
he is all for it depending on the latest poll data of where he should stand...
This guy is a tool from everything i have read and can gather...I don't believe a word out of his mouth. I am saddened by our lack (again) of solid "say what i mean" candidates anymore. This political theater is getting too painful to watch
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
he is all for it depending on the latest poll data of where he should stand...
This guy is a tool from everything i have read and can gather...I don't believe a word out of his mouth. I am saddened by our lack (again) of solid "say what i mean" candidates anymore. This political theater is getting too painful to watch
View Quote

+1 but the lesser of two evils.  You could always vote for the Libertarian.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to a meeting where Ducey was speaking and was talking about how he was pro-2A and all for gun ownership and how he owned lots of guns. The first question from the audience was "Which gun do you own that you like the most?" Ducey had no answer, tried to fib a little, and then avoided the question altogether.

I think he's like most politicians in that he's for it because the populace wants him to be. Will he truly defend it? I doubt it. But as Winston said, better Ducey than DuVal.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#8]
According to the NRA (which has a special built 4 pages in their American Rifeman Mag for me in Arizona) Doug Ducey is a AQ (which means  a Pro gun candidate whose rating is based solely on the candidate's responses to the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionaire and who does not have a voting record on Second Amendment issues).

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]
He has the same stance as many republicans. He will sign pro gun legislation if we pressure him hard enough and he will defend our rights if we pressure him hard enough.    There are very few candidates that will do whats right if left on their own.  There are a lot who will do whats right if they feel their base behind it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Gov voting should be very high Republican as it usually is.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

+1 but the lesser of two evils.  You could always vote for the Libertarian.  
View Quote

Barry Hess is a weasel.. he's fine on guns though.

In this case Ducy is the better choice than Duval.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
MY ROTTWIELER BRUNO  ( died in 2002) would be a better choice then Duval.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top