Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 12:37:38 AM EDT
Read that TPD doesn't respond to 50% of alarm calls.  What's worse, I'm in an "unincorporated" area south of Vail, and PCSO maybe has two deputies to cover all the way to the Cochise County line.  So ETA to my alarm call would be problematic at best.  Plus I hear the city of Tucson charges for false alarm calls.  And they want a homeowner there within one hour of an officer's response.  Given my job, that's not an option.

Have a system in the house now, although its not activated.  Am wondering about the benefits (more importantly, shortcoming) of going with a big name like ADT.

Tucson Alarm Company (meager website at best) claims 30 years in Tucson, and has private security to respond.  I envision a 350lb rent-a-cop, but at least is *someone* responding if I'm not home, and probably faster than PD/SO can get out here.  $15/mo monitoring, not sure if they can use my existing system or not.

Looking for advice here.  Big name company?  Or small privately owned company?  Anyone have any experience with local, non-big-name alarm companies in Tucson?  How about for those of us out in the sticks?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Central Alarm is another option. I've heard they're good and a lot of businesses around town go with them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
When I lived in town we used advanced protechtion.  They were always quick to call when the alarm went off on accident and the 3 breakins we had.  TPD responded quickly on not false alarms too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top