Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 8:03:58 AM EDT
So a buddy of mine and I want to get into hunting feral/ wild hogs for the first time. Does anyone know of good places to hunt here in AZ? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Zog
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a few places that get named whenever someone asks about it. The supposedly is a few up around Blue Ridge, but that was supposedly several years ago. There is also some around the San Pedro River around Redington. Hunted javelina there quite a bit but never seen a feral hog. I think that they are few and far between. Between visiting the various AZ hunting boards, I have never seen a picture of a feral hog posted from AZ. That does not mean it doesn't happen, I just think that they are very few and far between. I do know a guy that killed a feral hog back in the 90's around Redington, but he paid a ranch to hunt down there where they have a few running around.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a ranch up north called the Dunton Ranch that supposedly has some on it but they charge $400 to hunt them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread topic comes up several times a year. Basically, many have heard rumors of hogs in AZ, few have seen them. I have seen one group, nowhere near where any of the rumors say they are, and a big pig was killed out of that group. That was several years ago, and that it is all I have ever seen in AZ.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Eradicate them!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a lot here due to lack of water. I have had to do a few hunts in Arizona for farmers. Had some problems near Casa Grande, Yuma and one area north of Prescott. Have found a few in the fossil creek area.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been looking for them too following rumors.  It will not be a shock if the first time I see one bigfoot has it on a leash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top