Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 9/28/2014 1:45:57 PM EDT
WHEN: February 21st & 22nd

WHERE: The Chino Valley location (off of East Perkinsville Road)

As evident by the response and replies to GSL's thread attempting to put a HTF Fall Shoot together, many people seem to be too busy to attend due to the time of year. Therefore, Rizzo and I thought it would be wise to set a date 4 months in advance in order to give everyone the chance to get their affairs in order and set this date aside for some serious AZHTF  shooting, camaraderie, competition, BBQing, drinking (after the shooting of course ), and general all-out FUN....not to mention freezing our collective asses off around the camp fire! The date we've chosen puts us through the holidays, off of the Spartan Race weekend (with regards to all you AZHTF He-Men) and off of Valentine's Day (with regards to all the AZHFT PW members). And it puts us in the dead of winter, which everyone seemed to enjoy last year (legends were written during that shoot).

So there you have it: February 21st and 22nd --- mark it on your calendars, put it in your IPADS (or other electronic gizmo's), put in for vacation time with your employer, tell your wimmenz the weekend is sacred to you and to keep their greedy paws off committing you to anything (get your Honey-Do's done in advance), and for Christ's sake tell your friends, family, and dags not to DIE 2 days before.

And need I mention....NFA firearms, suppressors, and LOT's of free goodies? My `oh my, we're gonna have a good (and cold) time!

UPDATE:

We should probably start getting a final tally on who's in for next week's shoot ---- maybe post your current intentions starting on page 13?

Also, I'd like to encourage anyone with night vision to bring your gear out. Let's have a NVD demonstration! I'll bring my PVS-7B goggles and an older AN-PVS 3A rifle scope (mounts on my M1A).

UPDATE #2:

IF you plan on fixing any large quantities of food that you'd be willing to share, please post your intentions so others will get in the spirit as well and hopefully add to what you're bringing. I'm bringing one of those large #10 cans of Mountain House freeze dried Chicken Fried Rice to try out, and any of you are welcome to some (while it lasts of course). I'll also have a #10 can of freeze dried Cinnamon Apple Slices set out on my table during the day for everyone to try.

TO THOSE WITH CAMERA (and posting) SKILLS: Please DO bring your cameras and take several pictures during the shoot to post here afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
... nice!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.....ill do what I do and bring grub.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in for tri tip, or crock pot chicken. Bear's choice...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in. May look into an alternative to camping that time of year though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be healed up and ready for it!
Can bring a few MP5s and M4s as well as some suppressed toys.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Tentatively in!

If I can swing it, might do some dutch oven cobblers for everyone.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell yes I am in. If there's anything I need to bring for the collective let me know. If anyone coming from far away needs a bed for a night, I can help out with that too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
In!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And I will eat more of it. IN! So anyone gonna bring their Sammich Maker? My Sammich Maker will be with me, but she will only be making MY sammich's.

Looking forward to the competitions. That was a shit ton of fun.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And I will eat more of it. IN! So anyone gonna bring their Sammich Maker? My Sammich Maker will be with me, but she will only be making MY sammich's.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine might.. but it depends on the weather.  I am pretty much 4 for 4 on taking her camping and the getting hit with freak extreme weather like snow in May.  She said a tent heater would be required this time lol.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I will be there to shoot your guns and look pretty Other than that I don't really bring much else...maybe some Johnny Walker if i can score it for Christmas
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]
IN! My first
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Mine might.. but it depends on the weather.  I am pretty much 4 for 4 on taking her camping and the getting hit with freak extreme weather like snow in May.  She said a tent heater would be required this time lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it makes the difference whether or not you come, let me know and I'll bring my 'Little Buddy' propane heater for her to use....just let me know.

Bear
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm in for tri tip, or crock pot chicken. Bear's choice...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Mmmm-mmmm....did someone say "crock pot chicken"?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Full of so much WIN.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Im in !

Aw shit. I been ignoring that little pop up too long. Lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:15:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Full of so much WIN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full of so much WIN.

Top one is apple crumb cobbler, then classic peach cobbler, and the bottom is chocolate cherry.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in.

Quoted:Other than that I don't really bring much else...maybe some Johnny Walker if i can score it for Christmas
View Quote

Sorry, I won't touch Johnny Walker with a ten-foot pole. (I had a close encounter with a half a bottle of Johnny Walker Red in a dive bar in Ponta du Ouro, Mozambique in 1998. To this day I can't drink anything that comes in a square bottle.) So I'll bring a bottle of Glenlivet. If there's anything else I can contribute, let me know.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Count me in! I'll just have to borrow or rent a suv/truck to get myself up there.

Let me know if I can bring anything.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Im back! woo. The dates are on my calendar! I will not forget my sleeping bag this time!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Im back! woo. The dates are on my calendar! I will not forget my sleeping bag this time!
View Quote

If only there was someone last time who could have tried to loan you one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#22]
i didn't want to have to buy you or berd a new one. i was ripe after that day of fun and games. my sleeping bag after the deer hunt got febreeze bombed weekly for 8 weeks after 7 days on a deer hunt.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#23]
im in
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Who ya calling PW'ed???  

I am in!  I've got a tent now so I'm set!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#25]
FreeBear, is it okay to use steel .308 in your M60 this time?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#26]

I think we can give it a try (steel cased through the `60). Let's run a short segment (20 - 25 rounds) first to check the functioning. We might want to squirt some WD40, LPS-2, or even CLP on the belt over the top & bottom of the links to make it easier on the gun to delink the ammo  (the links will grip the steel cases a little harder than brass). Just be sure it's not corrosive please

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds good!  I'll plan on attending.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think we can give it a try (steel cased through the `60). Let's run a short segment (20 - 25 rounds) first to check the functioning. We might want to squirt some WD40, LPS-2, or even CLP on the belt over the top & bottom of the links to make it easier on the gun to delink the ammo  (the links will grip the steel cases a little harder than brass). Just be sure it's not corrosive please

View Quote
I'll do brass instead, I don't want to take a chance and hurt it.

Is it bad I already have the links on order so I can bring them pre linked?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Awesome!!

Not sure if I can make it yet, but the date is in my calendar and I'll try like hell to be there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Put it on your calendars....NO pussy-assed "but I didn't know, Bear" excuses!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I will try and make it not to far so may not camp
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Are there any competitions like last time, in the works?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sure hope so, those were a blast.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:45:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm going to show up just because of this post.

Quoted:

What's an HTF shoot without some friendly competition? We'll have the same theme of fun and challenging, maybe do something low-light related for the evening.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#35]

What's an HTF shoot without some friendly competition? We'll have the same theme of fun and challenging, maybe do something low-light related for the evening.

View All Quotes

Quoted:

I have an idea for a stage.. Since its going to be cold, we will call it "shiver me timbers".  The setup is low light, a crappy flashlight, slippers, boxers, and a blanket for warmth, and you have to identify and engage the invaders in your sleep attire while trying to avoid hypothermia.  Hot coco will be served at end of the stage.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#36]
I have been practicing burpees!! Still ain't too good at them but I have been practicing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have an idea for a stage.. Since its going to be cold, we will call it "shiver me timbers".  The setup is low light, a crappy flashlight, slippers, boxers, and a blanket for warmth, and you have to identify and engage the invaders in your sleep attire while trying to avoid hypothermia.  Hot coco will be served at end of the stage.
View Quote

It will be a dark night --- only a 9% waxing crescent moon. However, if I participate in this beware that Bears don't wear boxers when they sleep. So the forecast is for a full [Bear] moon.

Hide your children; you have been warned.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Lol. That is my wedding anniversary.   Ill ask if the wife wants to spend it ut in the freezing cold shpoting guns but I think the chances are slim to none.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate it!  I just have to make sure the food is simple enough that I don't have to explain anything.  Was so busy explaining it and making sure people were enjoying it last time that I missed out on shooting anything fully auto...even with AZtrooper and Freebear right next to me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#40]
That reminds me about full auto to say, don't shoot my stand again on full auto, Winston! You got it good and wrecked it
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I found a bowling ball in the road today. New target!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I appreciate it!  I just have to make sure the food is simple enough that I don't have to explain anything.  Was so busy explaining it and making sure people were enjoying it last time that I missed out on shooting anything fully auto...even with AZtrooper and Freebear right next to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shouldnt have to explain pozole to any border states!  It was awesome.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I found a bowling ball in the road today. New target!
View Quote

It saw your bald head and said: Mama!
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:]

That reminds me about full auto to say, don't shoot my stand again on full auto, Winston! You got it good and wrecked it
View Quote

Yeah, but who's stand was it that LukeDuke drilled with a 40mm grenade?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think that was the target sponsor from flag? Corey?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure, but maybe we can find a new way to wreck one with one of these:

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#47]
... on my way up to stake my campsite now!

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Looks a little low on ground clearance for that last half mile.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Bump
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top