Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 2:43:36 PM EDT
The 9th circuit can kiss my ASS . Next May 5th I will be wearing an American flag T shirt ,all day  .If I were still in school  I would  not comply .
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/18/ninth-circuit-affirms-that-its-illegal-to-wear-american-flag-shirts-on-cinco-de-mayo/
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What the ruling really says is that a school has a right to enforce a dress code at their leisure...not surprising really. It in NO WAY makes weaing the flag "illegal" as the article implies. The US Flag shirts are the only reason this made the news. If it was any other t-shirt at a school that requires collared shirts no one would care, many would say it is a "waste of tax dollars" to take the school to court. This is just yet another of those "unintended consequences" of trying to regulate what people can and cannot do/say/wear/behave.
Kids cannot wear alcohol themed shirts, skirts must be a certain length, no tank tops, no flip flops, no vulgar language, no representation of drugs or weapons...this is all perfectly accepted regulation, why?
Same shit different day, if the school has rules/content you do not like...choose a different school. If all the schools are fucked...homeschool. I have hand picked my kids schools and in some cases their teachers

(Understand i agree the ruling is stupid, and that yes US Flags should not only be represented but MUCH more often and proudly than they are. I just find it stupid for a different reason)
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
When you can't express national pride in this country , what will be next ?  Freedom in America is not what it used to be .How  far must we fall B 4 we wake up ? When we start worrying about offending those that do not respect our flag or country ,we are doomed .
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
And yet you wear the flag of any other country, I doubt they'd say anything.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And yet you wear the flag of any other country, I doubt they'd say anything.
View Quote

That is exactly the case.  The students at the school that were wearing shirts with the flag of Mexico faced no consequences.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Hang all those Mother Fuckers. I didn't serve my country to be told it's illegal to show pride in my country.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hang all those Mother Fuckers. I didn't serve my country to be told it's illegal to show pride in my country.
View Quote

Again, they DID NOT DO THAT. They simply ruled that a school has the right to enforce a dress code. While I do agree with your sentiment, Specifically wearing a USA flag shirt on a planned holiday celebrating another culture's holiday (And a MINOR one at that, and WHY they're celebrating it officially in a school I'll NEVER understand... ) could be seen as a POLITICAL ACT or even worse inciting and therefore banned.

But it does seem fair that if one can't display his flag, another shouldn't be able to wear his. The code MUST be enforced evenly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm calling bullshit on this story, don't trust everything you read on the internet especially from no namer fly by night websites like the one the OP
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The details are legit....the fury and conjecture is bullshit
http://www.mhusd.org/Superintendents-Office/index.html
http://media.aclj.org/pdf/Order-And-Amended-Opinion-Filed-in-John-Dariano-v-Morgan-Hill-Unified-School-District.pdf
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
The point is ,in America it should NEVER be prohibited to show your national pride and be proud of the flag .Blood has been spilt to save our way of life ,this country and our flag . I am an old man ( 63 ) and grew up with pride in America and our flag .This is something every last one of us should have . If the future generations do not have that very same right ,we will be just another 3rd world shit hole . That is something we should never let happen . I do not want to go from we the people to something less. If our flag offends anyone living under its protection and freedom ,they should get the fuck out of here and go back to where they think is better .
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#11]
It's a tough walk to take when you strive to be better than the rest. but we ARE better and we do show our tolerance for those too ungrateful or ignorant to see it. We don't celebrate Bastille Day for example,  and see no reason for us in any government  sponsored way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo other than to serve Tacos and Burritos for lunch in the Cafeteria.  It should have been just another ordinary day at school and those who wanted to "celebrate their heritage" could've done so at home after school. But what the kids did was just as wrong and compounded the problem. There was a whole lot of "Wrong" going on that day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top