Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 9:02:30 PM EDT
Hi everyone,

I'm staying in Phoenix with a friend for a while, just got here from MA.

I've been trying to get settled and help my friend and I get some work flowing. We do carpentry, building, etc.

I'm looking for some activities and to meet some good people. So far I have met some of my buddy's friends. We went
crawling in the Table Mesa area. That was a lot of fun! I've never driven over a 5' rock before! The group of guys/girl were really nice people.

If anybody has any suggestions or would like to hook up, get in touch!

Thanks

Eta: Some of the things I like:

Music- listening or playing a little guitar
Outdoor activities- hiking, fishing, shooting
Getting together with groups- grilling, talking, etc.
Building and making stuff- woodworking, metal fabrication, etc.
Entrepreneurialism! I like anything to do with business, ideas, strategies, etc.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on exactly where you are in Phoenix, Tempe/Chandler/Mesa has a lot of different social leagues, dodgeball, kickball, softball, etc.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks! I read that thread.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]
What area are you in?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What area are you in?
View Quote

West Valley

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

West Valley

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What area are you in?

West Valley

Hit me up one of these days, I'm down to visit Hell's Half Acre at some point. It's one of my favorite bars.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hit me up one of these days, I'm down to visit Hell's Half Acre at some point. It's one of my favorite bars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What area are you in?

West Valley

ok, I'll do that. I don't drink, but I like to go out to places. Do they have live music?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ok, I'll do that. I don't drink, but I like to go out to places. Do they have live music?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What area are you in?

West Valley

Lots of places in that area do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get settled and help my friend and I get some work flowing. We do carpentry, building, etc.

I'm looking for some activities and to meet some good people. So far I have met some of my buddy's friends. We went
crawling in the Table Mesa area. That was a lot of fun! I've never driven over a 5' rock before! The group of guys/girl were really nice people.

Thanks

Entrepreneurialism! I like anything to do with business, ideas, strategies, etc.

View Quote
Friendly tip as a former Masshole: Leave that attitude behind, embrace freedom and don't bring MA politics with you. People here don't like being fathered or mothered by any government and they're happy living life without anyone trying to take away their freedoms. The "state police' here are not like our own Masshole version of storm troopers, and obey traffic laws; don't be a Boston Pedestrian and don't go full retard and race people so they can not turn.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Friendly tip as a former Masshole: Leave that attitude behind, embrace freedom and don't bring MA politics with you. People here don't like being fathered or mothered by any government and they're happy living life without anyone trying to take away their freedoms. The "state police' here are not like our own Masshole version of storm troopers, and obey traffic laws; don't be a Boston Pedestrian and don't go full retard and race people so they can not turn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

Thanks

GSL, I promise I didn't bring any negative Masshole stuff from there. Why do you think I left? I left it in my rear view mirror.

I came here to live and meet cool people and to thrive in life. I'm also interested in having FUN. What's life it isn't fun?

Feel free to contact me anytime!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

GSL, I promise I didn't bring any negative Masshole stuff from there. Why do you think I left? I left it in my rear view mirror.

I came here to live and meet cool people and to thrive in life. I'm also interested in having FUN. What's life it isn't fun?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Good to hear. I'm up north in the mountains up in Prescott. Real mountains, and not the Blue Hills off of the old 128 crap

I special order Town Spa pizza once a year.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
You ever get down to the Florence area, look me up.
We'll take a few NFA items out and break you in right!

ETA:
Same goes for the rest of you guys, met quite a few of you already and never been dissapointed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top