Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 11:34:26 AM EDT
Good morning!

I posted in here earlier this year, newly arrived to Arizona looking for a job.  Well, unfortunately, I have been looking for a job again for the last couple of months.  I'm technically employed, but I got a whole 17 hours this week and only get 15 next week.  I've been applying for a wide variety of positions through Monster and Indeed online.  I've been getting interviews here and there, but no job offers.  I'm limited in where I can apply to jobs, because I lack my own car.  I'm to the point where I'm going to have to be getting help from one of my closest friends to pay my bills this coming month.  Any suggestions and/or help to find a job would be very much appreciated.

As far as my education, I have a GED and some college (two years, roughly) but no degree.  I've worked a variety of jobs.  Retail at a jewelry store, wine store, and custom stationery store (wedding invitations, birth announcements, etc).  I've worked in food service at a fast food franchise as well as a mom and pop burger joint.  I've worked as a general office assistant (and occasional receptionist) at a law firm.  When I was 16 I worked a summer job doing restoration/maintenance on hiking trails.  I'm not too proud to wait tables, clean, etc.  I have in the past obtained my Nursing Assistant certification, though it just recently lapsed and was for WA state.  I have my Phlebotomy Technician certification, but haven't been able to find a job making use of it.  I have almost 200 successful pokes, but no paid experience with that kind of work.  I'm familiar with and comfortable with being in a very professional environment.  I'm very conscientious about confidentiality between working at a law firm and obtaining certifications in the medical field.

I just seem to need a foot in the door.  I'm a hard worker.  I have a thing about always being early.  I'm reliable.  I learn relatively quickly on the job.  I can work on my own or with a team of coworkers.

If you lovely folks could try to keep an eye and/or ear out for any possible jobs, please do let me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thank you for taking the time to read
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Apply to QT (QuikTrip), the management system there isn't bad. You'll have a stable job with decent money and you can do that until you figure something else out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:32:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Will check those out, thank you
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I know a guy looking for help at his roofing company in Gilbert. IM me if interested.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know a guy looking for help at his roofing company in Gilbert. IM me if interested.
View Quote

I appreciate it, but unfortunately that's too far away for me, with not having a car.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a zillion businesses around 83rd Ave/Bell. There's a nice bike path adjacent to the canal that runs North/South the entire length of the city

Here's a 5MB pdf that lists it.

http://www.peoriaaz.com/uploadedFiles/Peoriaaz/Departments/Community_Services/River_Trails/TrailsMap.pdf
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]
where are you in Peoria? We're up by 87th & Union Hills and yes there are a ton of businesses close by. If you're close to up here I can keep an eye out for ya.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
where are you in Peoria? We're up by 87th & Union Hills and yes there are a ton of businesses close by. If you're close to up here I can keep an eye out for ya.
View Quote

88th and Thunderbird
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I work for a clinical research company. I can find out if we are hiring. If you want to pm me you can email me your resume  and I can pass it to the recruiting people
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top