Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2014 12:55:01 AM EDT
I've seen stores sell fresh fish of other varieties....but not sardines.  Being half portuguese by descent... I often yearn for some of the traditional meals of my youth. I lately have been REALLY craving for some Sardines. No...I dont want the stuff from the can.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Lee Lee supermarket they have a large fresh fish section.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
There are a few places that will special order fish for you

Hobe Meats
Blue water grill

Not gonna be cheap!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Pricey, I don't know, but fresh

We've ordered a few things and delivery has been prompt and the items fresh.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try Lee Lee supermarket they have a large fresh fish section.
View Quote

If you're in the Phoenix area, for the love all all that is holy, go to the Chandler location and NOT the Peoria one.  We shop there (Chandler location) a lot so the wife can pick up jars of snout and pork floss and whatnot when she wants to cook family recipes.  It's clean and the people are nice**.  We stopped at the Peoria store once, on a lark, and it smelled like their entire freezer section was running at about 52 degrees with all the associated funk.

**  I say nice with the following caveat:   Apparently if you're white and you go to the little bakery section where they sell the steamed pork buns, you aren't getting the "Buy 10 get one free" card.  Wife gets one.  Filipino buddy from the Army gets one.  Vietnamese co-worker gets one.  Tubby white guy (me), no damn punch card.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top