Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2014 8:52:49 AM EDT
Like the title says, I'm looking for a place to give a riding lawnmower to. It is a 82' John Deere 108 that the tranny locked up on and snapped an axle shaft. It will need a Peerless 5 speed tranny, prices vary from 300-450 from what I can find. Tired of looking at it and taking up space. Would like to get rid of it before next weekend.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Craigslist.  
Put an ad in "free" and set it by the street with a "free" sign on it.  

Often, just putting the sign on the heap and leaving it at the curb will do the trick.
It will likely be gone by day's end.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I took an old push mower to a local small engine repair shop.  Sometimes they pay for old mowers, but not for mine.  They used it for parts.

I gave an old tow behind mower with a blown engine to a friend who replace the engine and then donated the mower to a church.  A Craigslist ad may work.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Put it in your driveway with a forsale $40 and it'll disappear if its not chained down
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Ryan, this would make an awesome killmower. Repair it, I'll put together an awesome metal montage, and we can mow your lawn while drinking beer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:34:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Metal scrapper?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Freebear's newest target at the next HTS?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top