Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2014 7:50:39 PM EDT
So I want to go, but dont know what to expect, and do you have to be invited?

Please give me some details on what kind of guns will be there and anything else you can think of. thanks

ETA: I have not shot full auto guns ever so that is number one on the list if I go.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to big sandy for the first time this year and a shooter. As a spectator you can watch, but can't shoot, unless you do it through the machine gun rental place. If you want to shoot, you can get a spot for $250. That being said, It kicks ass. It is something everyone should do at least once, even if your just a spectator. This is the largest machine gun shoot in the US.

I spent a few hours with these guys making this video for their youtube channel

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUNEZ7cqaZzYLeyWfTkelkEA&v=uwgGok9cYcw&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I went to big sandy for the first time this year and a shooter. As a spectator you can watch, but can't shoot, unless you do it through the machine gun rental place. If you want to shoot, you can get a spot for $250. That being said, It kicks ass. It is something everyone should do at least once, even if your just a spectator. This is the largest machine gun shoot in the US.
I spent a few hours with these guys making this video for their youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUNEZ7cqaZzYLeyWfTkelkEA&v=uwgGok9cYcw&feature=player_detailpage
View Quote
So all I need to do is be a spectator then I can rent machine guns, and buy ammo there?

How much money do you suggest I bring?

thanks

Good video BTW.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I think is $25 to get in, and they rent by the mag full, they supply the ammo. I would bring at least $500. The place that does the rentals doesn't have a huge selection to choose from, maybe 10 or so different guns.

I would definitely stay around for the night shoot on Sat. night, just to watch it's pretty cool.

I'm not shooting this time, have to restock on ammo after the last shoot
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
jukeboxx, do us all a favor and don't bring any California with you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
Dont shit in my thread please.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to the website www.mgshooters.com for lots of other details.  If you plan on going for all three days you have a couple of options.  Camp out in the lower area (primitive camping with port-o-lets) or drive to Kingman and get a hotel (about a 45 minute drive).  Food is provided from the Kingman 4H and it's pretty good and they have a great system down to get folks through the line and eating.  Figure on $10 for breakfast and lunch and $20 for dinner.  Weather in Northern AZ can be unpredictable, so plan on it being hot in the day, possibly cold at night.. and almost always windy.  That all being said, it is a great time and there will be all kinds of automatic weapons from WW1 through modern.. plus some canons and maybe a tank destroyer.  Definitely stay for the Saturday night shoot...  I have also heard rumors that Dillon may show up and do a little bird full tracer night show with dual mini-guns... it's Big Sandy's 10th anniversary.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:38:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Go to the website www.mgshooters.com for lots of other details.  If you plan on going for all three days you have a couple of options.  Camp out in the lower area (primitive camping with port-o-lets) or drive to Kingman and get a hotel (about a 45 minute drive).  Food is provided from the Kingman 4H and it's pretty good and they have a great system down to get folks through the line and eating.  Figure on $10 for breakfast and lunch and $20 for dinner.  Weather in Northern AZ can be unpredictable, so plan on it being hot in the day, possibly cold at night.. and almost always windy.  That all being said, it is a great time and there will be all kinds of automatic weapons from WW1 through modern.. plus some canons and maybe a tank destroyer.  Definitely stay for the Saturday night shoot...  I have also heard rumors that Dillon may show up and do a little bird full tracer night show with dual mini-guns... it's Big Sandy's 10th anniversary.
View Quote
Great info

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AR-Ryan does make an actual point as funny as it is, we've seen it too many times to not help but to comment about it.

This is Arizona, not many people get that and try to export their states crap into our our state, and we don't appreciate it.

Don't forget to pick up your freedoms on the way in and have a good, safe, time here.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:02:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

AR-Ryan does make an actual point as funny as it is, we've seen it too many times to not help but to comment about it.

This is Arizona, not many people get that and try to export their states crap into our our state, and we don't appreciate it.

Don't forget to pick up your freedoms on the way in and have a good, safe, time here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not feel welcome at all.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We do not care about your feelings.  Dont californicate arizona is all he meant
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

My sig line; Youz stole it.

Listen up, jukeboxx:

We welcome with open arms all responsible, firearms enthusiasts! You just need to mind your P's & Q's when you're over here and leave any and ALL Kalifornistan Asshattery there in The People's "Republic".  Many of us escaped The Occupied Zone at one time or another (8 years ago for myself).

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Listen up, jukeboxx:

We welcome with open arms all responsible, firearms enthusiasts! You just need to mind your P's & Q's when you're over here and leave any and ALL Kalifornistan Asshattery there in The People's "Republic".  Many of us escaped The Occupied Zone at one time or another (8 years ago for myself).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listen up, jukeboxx:

I referenced it with the utmost respect.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#15]
How the hell to do Californiacate something?

Since you guys know more about this then me please explain.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

My personal view is that if you've ever voted for a Democrat, you should probably kill yourself.  Also, I pray every day that God will give Charlie Rangel malignant penile cancer.  

Welcome and have fun!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easy, don't bring your big shitty thinking here and try to say "well this is how WE did it in california."

Listen, slick, this ain't california. This is arizona, we don't give a shit how you did it back home. See the thread I just created, while it sounds rude, it's our way to weed the shitheels out and keep, good gun loving, freedom loving, anti-democrap californians out. If you fit into all those categories, you'll be integrated as an Arizona Curmudgeon in no time

Generally if you think our light hearted pride is rude, it means you are one of those aforementioned crapheads where everyone has to beware your delicate sensibilities, and there's a good chance you'd vote something "For the children"

No special snowflakes allowed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Easy, don't bring your big shitty thinking here and try to say "well this is how WE did it in california."

Listen, slick, this ain't california. This is arizona, we don't give a shit how you did it back home. See the thread I just created, while it sounds rude, it's our way to weed the shitheels out and keep, good gun loving, freedom loving, anti-democrap californians out. If you fit into all those categories, you'll be integrated as an Arizona Curmudgeon in no time

Generally if you think our light hearted pride is rude, it means you are one of those aforementioned crapheads where everyone has to beware your delicate sensibilities, and there's a good chance you'd vote something "For the children"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think you guys are rude now that everything has been explained, but just did not want this turning into a GD hate CA thread.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't think you guys are rude now that everything has been explained, but just did not want this turning into a GD hate CA thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doh!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a good old fashioned az htf hate ca thread.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#21]
If you do the Sandy Shoot, post pics! That is one event I wanna attend before I die.

As for the CA thing. Eh, you heard everyone about it so I won't say anything.

Have a blast at the shoot!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of us lived in California at one point or another, and most of us left because we couldn't stand the way life is in that place.

You're welcome here, so long as California ideals are left at the border.

Any mention of the "benefits" of socialized medicine, section 8 housing, food stamps, gun control, affirmative action, or other liberal policies is punishable with a 30 grit sandpaper rubdown and a lemon juice bath, followed by public hanging from the State Capitol flag pole via your underwear. Punishment for second offense is much, much worse.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

]This is a good old fashioned az htf hate ca thread.
View Quote

Dualshooter and I are hunting 18A. We may pop down to BSS since it'll be right near where we are hunting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#25]
You will want to bring BOTH ear plug and ear muffs.....that way you can alternate or even wear both at the same time.....
Some things can be really loud.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top