Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 6:45:55 PM EDT
So, I went and got my trust established. Now I am researching suppressors. Basically, I'm in the market for the best 5.56,  .40 suppressor and maybe a .22 - since they are kind of a pain to obtain, I want to do this once. Anyway, does anyone know of a great gun shop that is very familiar with NFA items and using trusts? I would like to buy locally or even from Silencer Shop online and have it transferred. My current FFL doesn't deal with NFA items and this is all new to me. I'm in the Phoenix valley.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Pistol Parlour - They're doing a really good job right now, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've bought goods from Merchant Firearms, and would trust them for NFA items. I've also heard good things about Mr Silencer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Mr. Silencer a store or does he work via email only? It seems so on his website.  I'll check the others out that are recommend as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had great NFA transfer experiences with Scottsdale Gun Club.

Erica is real easy to deal with. She's transferred in several cans and factory SBRs for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
To add, she is very familiar with trusts and eForms.

I purchased all my cans from Silencer Shop as well. They are already set up to transfer NFA items to SGC so the process is as streamlined as it gets.

You don't even need to contact SGC ahead of time. You can just electronically select them when you place your order on Silencer Shop's site.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To add, she is very familiar with trusts and eForms.

I purchased all my cans from Silencer Shop as well. They are already set up to transfer NFA items to SGC so the process is as streamlined as it gets.

You don't even need to contact SGC ahead of time. You can just electronically select them when you place your order on Silencer Shop's site.
View Quote
That is good to know! I see that their NFA transfers are $75 - many I have seen are usually $100. I've never purchased any firearm from them, but they seem like good people every time I've been there.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quentin Defense will do your NFA transfer for $45...I've had them do 5 cans for the me.  I'll be picking up the last two tomorrow.  All of them were also purchased from Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Shooters Vault only charges $50 for transfers. I purchased my first one from them and I had 3 more transferred to them a few years back. I just had two more transferred to them a Specwar 5.56, and a Specwar7.62.
They did up the FORM 4's for me and all I had to do was pay the $50 each and the FORM 4's were ready for me.

Mr. Silencer charges $100 for transfers if you don't purchase from him. His advertised prices are full retail. I only paid $430 shipped for the Specwar 5.56 of GB and $610 shipped for the Specwar 7.62 off GB.  $1140.00 total for both and this includes the $50.00 each for the transfer. If I purchased them from Mr Silencer it would have been $1608 + tax
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:33:19 AM EDT
[#9]
FWIW,
A friend of mine went to AJI for his 1st NFA experience. Granted he did not purchase a suppressor through them yet (which they DO sell), he did have his trust set up through AJI for only $60 and received his stamps this week. His stamps are for two SBRs. Wes, the guy in the shop seemed very knowledgeable regarding NFA items and trusts.

After personally knowing somebody here to do a trust, I pulled the trigger (pun intended), and forked up my $60 to AJI today to get the ball rolling with my 1st trust.

-Matt
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quentin Defense will do your NFA transfer for $45...I've had them do 5 cans for the me.  I'll be picking up the last two tomorrow.  All of them were also purchased from Silencer Shop.
View Quote

Are you using a trust?

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

FWIW,

A friend of mine went to AJI for his 1st NFA experience. Granted he did not purchase a suppressor through them yet (which they DO sell), he did have his trust set up through AJI for only $60 and received his stamps this week. His stamps are for two SBRs. Wes, the guy in the shop seemed very knowledgeable regarding NFA items and trusts.

After personally knowing somebody here to do a trust, I pulled the trigger (pun intended), and forked up my $60 to AJI today to get the ball rolling with my 1st trust.

-Matt
View Quote

Thanks everyone for the information. This is definitely helping me get into the NFA game. I hate ear plugs

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#12]

FWIW: I wouldn't give the sweat off my balls after a HTF Shoot to those motherfuckers at US AutoFuckers (US Auto Weapons).
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FWIW,

-Matt
View Quote

Donahue?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a buddy that deals in NFA items. he is out of surprise. i can message you his info if you would like.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#15]
SRT is in Camp Verde, buy straight form the manufacturer
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Who has the best prices locally?  From everything I've seen *locally* is way over priced.   Silencershop beat them by 300+ minimum on what I'm looking for.  Is nfa stuff like regular gun stuff locally. .....aka way over priced and I should just buy online and deal with the transfer
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Who has the best prices locally?  From everything I've seen *locally* is way over priced.   Silencershop beat them by 300+ minimum on what I'm looking for.  Is nfa stuff like regular gun stuff locally. .....aka way over priced and I should just buy online and deal with the transfer
View Quote

Best prices locally? What specific items are you looking for? Hard to give you specific answers without knowing what you are looking for.

That being said, almost anything available locally will be available somewhere online for less.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Best prices locally? What specific items are you looking for? Hard to give you specific answers without knowing what you are looking for.

That being said, almost anything available locally will be available somewhere online for less.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

That's the problem. I'd love to support local industry retailers more, and it's one thing to pay a few bucks more locally, but it's another to pay hundreds more locally - and that's often the case.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
FWIW,

-Matt
View Quote

+1 C3EV behind AJI
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought a specwar 5.56 using silencer shop direct. The can, stamp, and direct fee came out to be cheaper than most local places for the can + tax. Couldn't justify buying local at that point.....

AZ Armory handling my transfer through SS direct.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you using a trust?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you using a trust?

Yes...the guy who used to own the gunsmith shop that is attached to AJI in Apache Junction actually did mine a couple of years ago.  I think he sold the shop and moved a few months after he helped me set mine up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:43:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Tim at x-werks is a good guy with good prices and a bunch of cans in stock.  I bought my Halo through Mr Silencer and although he did cut me a good deal after some negotiating driving to his house damn near globe was a pita.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can agree with the last statement.  I dont think i find much if anything locally cheaper then online.  I am looking for the Saker 7.62.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Donahue?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FWIW,

-Matt

Donahue?

Why yes actually. Know him?

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top