Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2014 3:46:18 PM EDT
We're visiting Prescott this weekend and wanted to look around the area at neighborhoods that would fit our lifestyle. As we were looking online, we noticed that there are not a lot of sidewalks. This is important to us since we have an almost 2 year old little boy. Can someone in the area give us ideas of neighborhoods that have sidewalks? Ideally we are also looking at acreage, but we are not sure if this even exists in Prescott. would also be interested in prescott/chino valley.
thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We're visiting Prescott this weekend and wanted to look around the area at neighborhoods that would fit our lifestyle. As we were looking online, we noticed that there are not a lot of sidewalks. This is important to us since we have an almost 2 year old little boy. Can someone in the area give us ideas of neighborhoods that have sidewalks? Ideally we are also looking at acreage, but we are not sure if this even exists in Prescott. would also be interested in prescott/chino valley.
thanks
View Quote

Acreage exists mostly in Prescott Valley, Williamson Valley, Dewey, and Chino Valley. There are some decently sized lots in Prescott, but harder to find. Sidewalks are not really a think here unless you are either downtown or live in a developed neighborhood (read: cookie cutter houses).
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
thanks
View Quote
In some neighborhoods there are sidewalks, in others there are not. All depends on where you want to live in town. If you'd like, I shoot me a PM and we can do a ride along and I'll show you. My street has a ton of sidewalks with all the houses here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]

When I escaped from Kalifornistan almost eight years ago I came to the realization that: 1) Arizona has [practically] no sidewalks....and 2) "Curbs" as I knew them were a thing of the past as well.

I still got the better end of the deal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
My area doesn't have sidewalks.  It's also very quiet so wandering down the street is perfectly acceptable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
you'll be pretty hard pressed to find sizable lots and sidewalks, they're pretty much mutually exclusive, sidewalks you have to go in town or into developments, land, is out of town mostly

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Lots of sidewalks in sedona, at least on the main drags.  Once you get into the side streets, not so much.   We are an hour or so north of where you are looking, come on up and see paradise.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:17:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Almost a month late to the party. I couldn't wait to not have sidewalks or neighbors on top of us. We couldn't find any affordable acreage in Prescott either. We had wanted to move to Prescott for a few years now. My wife's new company put the stops to Prescott when they did the distance to the airport. Plus her pres had driven it before.
Further North there  wasn't an airport that could get her to all of states she needed to be sadly either .

We ended up in Payson (same elevation) with a few acres. She can make it to the  airport a lot faster too. No way was she getting me in the valley with that heat. We literally share our street with only one other house.  kids can walk all they want. But with a few acres and big drive they are usally content on the property. Despite the hughe spacing I see neighbors from  a few blocks away or even further  walking on our street  or horse back all the time. But traffic on our block is not existent. Other guy is only home on weekends. Everyone drives slow in our area anyways which is nice. But again are whole area is secluded so only people who would be driving area live in area. Its awesome.

I wish we could have been in the middle of no where with  20-40 acres but those options were just too far for what we could afford. So that's going to end up being my weekend get away somewhere when we can get rid of the  other house and we can make up for what we lost in the economy crash  and my injury in medical and pay decrease whb I hit the duty disability. I love waking up and seeing the elk, deer or javelina in our front yard on a regular basis. We had the first truly big bull I had seen in AZ in our yard last night and was just amazing to watch him. Can't wait till next year when I can apply as a resident for tags. Couldn't afford to do it with out of state prices this year.

Hope you found what you were looking for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top