Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 3:29:37 PM EDT
Looking to get a pre owned truck/ suv/ anything but a sedan. Not set my mind on anything, but I woulld like for it to have off road capabilities, possibility of modifying it, and ease of maintenance.

Any ARFCOM members wanna make a recommendation. I would like to keep it under 30k. +/- 10%  and anyone have a dealer they can recommend

~g
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A Tacoma that is only 2-3 yrs old is typically priced so close to the price of a new one, you're better off getting a new one. A little older than that, you might get a decent deal.
I got a new one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Tacoma that is only 2-3 yrs old is typically priced so close to the price of a new one, you're better off getting a new one. A little older than that, you might get a decent deal.
I got a new one.
View Quote

This

I went to buy a used one back in 2011 but found the new ones were only 2-3K more. To top it off I got an online quote from Power Toyota and they quoted me a price that was a few thousand under invoice. Got a loaded quad cab 4x4 for right around 30k with a rear locker, JBL audio with subwoffer, TRD off-road package and a better interest rate with Toyota financial than my bank's rate. Was definitely the best buying experience I have ever had but they are now owned by someone else so I cannot comment on the current management.

By the way, after almost 50k miles I still love my truck.

My2cents
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I got a new one.
View Quote

We just took in a Tacoma over the weekend that will go on the lot priced higher than brand new ones. Ridiculous how those trucks hold their value!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This

I went to buy a used one back in 2011 but found the new ones were only 2-3K more. To top it off I got an online quote from Power Toyota and they quoted me a price that was a few thousand under invoice. Got a loaded quad cab 4x4 for right around 30k with a rear locker, JBL audio with subwoffer, TRD off-road package and a better interest rate with Toyota financial than my bank's rate. Was definitely the best buying experience I have ever had but they are now owned by someone else so I cannot comment on the current management.

My2cents
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got a new one.

This

My2cents

Same dealership, different name. All the managers in sales are on a rotating door kind of deal, but the GM stays the same. I've worked there for 7 years, now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We just took in a Tacoma over the weekend that will go on the lot priced higher than brand new ones. Ridiculous how those trucks hold their value!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got a new one.

Why would anyone pay more for the used one?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got a new one.

Because people don't buy vehicles any more, finance companies buy them and people make payments.  The manufactures can do kickbacks and special financing but only if you buy a new vehicle and qualify.  If you can't qualify, you're stuck with the used vehicle and financing you can qualify for.  Because people only think of payment, vehicle pricing is shifted to not what the vehicle is worth but to what a bank is willing to lend and what payment people are willing to make.  Now we are up to 10 year financing on some new vehicles.  Hell, you can finance a salvage title now.

Lenders are controlling vehicle pricing and there are too many stupid people.  The fault is mainly with stupid people but the lenders generally get the blame.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all. Do you guys reckon its worth it to wait for the 2015 models or go in dec and get a 2014 ? I hear the 2015s are gonna be amazing but...so are the prices I'm thinking !
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you all. Do you guys reckon its worth it to wait for the 2015 models or go in dec and get a 2014 ? I hear the 2015s are gonna be amazing but...so are the prices I'm thinking !
View Quote

'15's should be out soon. See what they're like when they come out, and if not to your liking, there will still be plenty of '14 stock to choose from.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Or stay way under that budget and get a 97-06 wrangler.  Super reliable tons of after market and go anywhere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top