Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 10:18:33 PM EDT

Spent a week back in Texas doing chores on the farm.  It sucked (but was rewarding) and I am glad to be back home.  Hopped out the car last Monday and was greeted with 99 degrees and 37% humidity.  Bleh.

Had a nice two day drive back.  ABQ is, literally, a hellhole.  MrsCheShirt got pictures with the dinos at the travel plaza so she's happy along with about 3000 pictures of I40 and Highway 84 (NM and TX) stuff.  Both the cats are pissed at me (not her though...  Apparently it's my fault she left for a week).

It's so much saner here...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you bring the "Barn Find" back home?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you bring the "Barn Find" back home?
View Quote

Sadly no.  It was sort of an accidental bonus.  I did bring back my grandfather's old single shot .22.  It was stolen several years ago from a cousin's house, but we got it back because, as a wee CheShirt, I wrote his name and number on a piece of paper (I think I was learning cursive at the time) and stuck it under the stock plate.  Sheriff found it after they found the gun with some other stolen property and called the number which my mom kept active out of sentiment...  I think it's one of the oldest numbers in the county in continuous service.

The .22 is a JC Higgins 103.18, which I think was a rebranded Marlin sold by either Sears or Monkey Wards through the mail.  Kinda like this:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top