Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2014 12:50:02 PM EDT
Efiled last night, need to engrave.  Would love someone who would do it same day or at least fairly quickly.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I need to find an engraver too that's not way out in Gilbert - I'm in Central PHX though
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Kilo Guns is in that area.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used Leach Laser.  

http://www.leachlaser.com/
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kilo Guns is in that area.
View Quote

Second this. Right by Deer valley airport.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I need to find an engraver too that's not way out in Gilbert - I'm in Central PHX though
View Quote
Who does engraving in Gilbert area?

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quentin Defense/Quentin Laser in Gilbert
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe the ATF requires a certain depth that most lasers cannot accomplish. Are Leach and QD able to laser engrave to that depth?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've used Leach Laser.  
http://www.leachlaser.com/
View Quote

I have as well.

Call ahead / make appointment
Leave it, and pick up later, or wait, and pay a little more.

Highly recommended.

Jay
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I believe the ATF requires a certain depth that most lasers cannot accomplish. Are Leach and QD able to laser engrave to that depth?
View Quote

I heard that it only had to go completely through the finish and deep enough that if the finish was removed that it would still be legible.
I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  I printed out the requirement and asked them if their laser could do this.  I don't know all the details about the types of lasers but they have an "industrial " laser (my words, not theirs)  that can do the job.  Call them and ask them.  They will answer all your questions.

eta:spelling
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lasers can go plenty deep, given enough passes. We had a tabletop 75w unit cutting cocking serrations on stainless slides at the NRA convention. It took 4 hours, but it can be done.

Our laser is supposed to be here by the end of the week and will be using it to serialize stainless receivers. Comes out far more consistent then traditional engraving.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys, I dropped it off at Kilo guns today
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up my SBR from Kilo guns yesterday. About a four day turnaround. They did an excellent job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top