Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2014 4:09:47 PM EDT
The vast majority of the training I do is for AZ Armed Security Guards.  I typically run these classes on week days because that's when they are off work.  I have two classes coming up people here may be interested in, if they have the time off during the week.

These classes are intended for novices who have taken an AZ Concealed Weapons Course or AZ Armed Guard Course

Defensive Pistol Low Light 1 Register Online Here
11-11-14
Class is held from 9AM-1PM at:
Shooters World Phoenix
3828 N 28th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85017

Most defensive shooting happen at night.  Learn how to operate your flashlight and firearm at the same time.  Learn how to defend yourself more effectively at night.  We will run the AZ Armed Guard Qualification course in low light conditions to document your skill level at the end of the class.

Required Equipment:
Handgun with 250 rounds of ammunition
Suitable Concealed Carry or Duty Holster
Quality Hand Held Flashlight
Extra Batteries
Weapon lights ok if holster accomodates them (you still need a hand held light)

Laser Shot Scenarios Class Register On Line Here
11-11-14
2PM-6PM
2907 West Fairmount Ave (inside Urban Tactical Security)
Phoenix, AZ 85017

Test your judgmental shooting and legal use  of force.  Test your verbal skills.  Test your marksmanship under stress.  The laser shot simulator is not a video game.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
edit
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
edit
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like it will be a cool match.  Is this match something that I could bring my 10 YO daughter to shoot in?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure, no problem with minors in the laser shot match or competition class.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool man thx!  I will send you an email to RSVP for me, my wife and my daughter
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:20:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Pew pew pew!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like fun. I just enrolled for the 26th. Do i need to bring anything?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a Glock 17/22 holster and a belt
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I ran the first group of Armed Guard students through the scenarios on the simulator yesterday.  It reinforced my opinion that role playing and scenarios are critical to actually link together legal knowledge, use of force issues, the students own skill level with firearms, and their verbal skills under stress.  Most went in with an overly inflated estimation of their own skill level and came away with a more realistic understanding of how they will react under stress.  Better to learn from your mistakes where it doesn't count and you can take corrective action than on the street.  There are a lot of scenarios in this thing that are applicable to concealed carriers as well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Virtual match is tonight
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#11]
This thing is a blast!
Shot some stages and scenarios.  
There will be more of these in the future , don't miss out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Laser shot CCW skills class this weekend
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Took the class with a female employee that works for me who is new to AZ.  There were 5 people in the class, which was the perfect size, given the rotation of the simulations.  Class was a mixture of practice on the simulator, ARS statutes, all of the "what ifs", and some simulations.  The simulations were the most fun.

I would say this is a great class for a novice shooter and a good refresher for someone with experience.  I noticed I was flinching on my first shots with the dummy gun, which has no recoil.  It took me a bit to get warmed up, but it was nice being able to practice on something that will show my bad habits from shooting steel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#14]
More class dates coming soon
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Class dates updated for our new Phoenix Location
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I recently had the opportunity to use this laser shot system.  For anyone of any/all skill levels, this is a great training aid.

If you carry a gun on a daily basis, this is the class for you.

Now bring back the virtual match for those of us who missed it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Laser Shot Skills Class coming up
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#18]
New Course Dates Added
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top