Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 4:31:33 PM EDT
Aprill Risk Consulting (http://www.mdtstraining.com/william-aprill/) is pleased to announce a new partnership with Immediate Action Combatives (http://www.iacombatives.com/), to present a novel course of instruction.

UNTHINKABLE: Concepts and Techniques for the Gravest Extreme

This course has a critical over-arching goal: to introduce participants to some of the
unaddressed realities of violent criminal aggression and effective defensive responses.

Class Information:
August 23, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
150.00 (50% deposit to register)
Register by contacting Cecil Burch - [email protected]

Whatever the circumstances, we have come to understand ourselves to be vulnerable to threats
against life and health.
This paradigm shift has inspired us to inquire into defensive arts and
sciences, unlike those who actively reject reality.

All too often, though, the rush to acquire tools and techniques begins before a grounded
understanding of the mindset and decision-making of the violent criminal offender, the risk
profiles we face by virtue of our lifestyle choices and behavior, our own performance capacities
and, perhaps most importantly, our choice of role in the world.

Without a sound conceptual foundation as a basis to proceed, we come to misperceive the
world and make choices that become increasingly detached from reality and impermeable to
data, leaving us in greater danger without the ability to perceive it.

Errors and omissions in these fundamental decisions are magnified when expressed in:
-Doctrine
-Defensive tool choices
-Gear choices
-Practice regimen
-Preferred tactics, techniques, and procedures

This course will provide participants with the opportunity to increase their understanding of the
world as it is and their role within it as while exposing them to novel stressors and situations so
that working paradigms of the defensive encounter can adapt.
Emphasis will be explicitly placed
on safely-induced stress inoculation, demonstration and establishment of skills under pressure,
and identification of necessary skills involved in defending one’s life with the pistol.

As described by a past participant: “without this course I would never have known to think about
real threats, or even what they actually are.”

About the Instructor:
William Aprill is a licensed mental health professional with over 15 years experience
across the continuum of care. He presently maintains a private practice and consultancy
specializing in post-traumatic interventions and other disciplines.

William is a former deputy sheriff (Orleans Parish, LA, Criminal Sheriff’s Office) and
Special Deputy US Marshal (Eastern District of Louisiana). He is a decorated
competitive shooter and has taught civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel in
various fighting skills since 1990. He maintains an active schedule both as student and
teacher, having been instructor-rated by several top-tier trainers and studying under
many of the most influential members of the combative arts community.

Through his company Aprill Risk Consulting, William has presented his material on
violent criminals and their decision-making, defensive incident aftermath, mindset
development and defensive preparedness nationally, including at the Annual
Conference of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors
(IALEFI), Rangemaster Tactical Conference, Tactical Response Alumni Weekend, and
at Paul-E-Palooza, the memorial conference and fundraiser for the family of the late
Paul Gomez.

William has been a popular guest on the firearms/training industry broadcast Ballistic
Radio, and in 2014 Personal Defense Network will be releasing 2 DVDs of his training
blocks on defensive decision-making and mindset development.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Glenn, is the object of this course to provide us with the tools to figure out when shit is about to get real?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Now this is something I'm very interested in.

Tag.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glenn, is the object of this course to provide us with the tools to figure out when shit is about to get real?
View Quote

Basically, yes. William Aprill has more knowledge on the topic of effectively reading body language, verbal initiations, and the behaviors of violent people and criminals that anyone else that I know of.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a class that will be well worth the money.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Reminder: this seminar is coming up soon
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
So pissed I have to miss this, but life doesn't have it in the cards for me this time around
Take good notes and let me know if he has any course related material for sale....I will get you money ASAP for it if needed/available
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So pissed I have to miss this, but life doesn't have it in the cards for me this time around
Take good notes and let me know if he has any course related material for sale....I will get you money ASAP for it if needed/available
View Quote

Enrollment is low, this may not happen at all. Which is a real shame, given the kind of information that William Aprill can provide. Too many folks get wrapped up in the "how many rounds do I have to bring?" and when the answer is "none" then they think it won't somehow make them a better shooter.

All the shooting skill in the world won't matter if you A) can't legally shoot, B) can't get your gun out because you're entangled, or C) are getting beaten like a stepchild because you didn't know how to recognize pre-attack cues or verbal indicators.

My apologies to any stepchildren who may have been beaten here, but damn do you make for a good example.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep....for once this is not a $$ thing but a timing thing....more on that later to you....
This is the single MOST IMPORTANT type of information we as "defensive" minded people we need to be armed with IMHO
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]
How many spots need to be filled for this to happen?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How many spots need to be filled for this to happen?
View Quote

As of right now, I have been told by the host, Cecil Burch, that 4 more spots need to be filled.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Class is tomorrow - still not too late to get in on this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Wish I didnt work tomorrow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top