Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2014 9:29:18 AM EDT
TIGER Valley hosted a very unique open to the public 4 man team match for 4 years. Last year's was cancelled because it was at the height of the ammo shortage. This year it has been turned into a 2 man team event to make it easier for people to coordinate and attend with friends (putting together 4 guys of equal skill that could take off work at the same time was a challenge)

Physical fitness is a big component of this match. Stop waiting for something to be hosted in Arizona and go do it.  Want to run an event here?  Go see how something similar is done there.   Drive time to Waco from Phoenix is about 18 hours.  TIGER Valley is an excellent shooting facility and what makes this kind of event possible is the fact it is privately owned.  There is no club or board of directors to argue with about hosting it.  

Write the ups and videos of past events:
http://sinistralrifleman.com/2011/04/19/2011-tiger-valley-aar/
http://sinistralrifleman.com/2012/05/03/tiger-valley-team-match-2012/

Link to register:
http://www.shop.tigervalley.com/09-20-21-2014-Two-Man-Team-Match-TV09202014TWOMANTEAM.htm

09/20-21/2014 -Two Man Team Match
In an effort to continue the concept of a team event and make it more available to shooters, we have reduced the size of the teams from 4-man to 2-man teams. We had feedback that it was difficult to assemble a four man team so reducing the size and continuing the concept was important. The idea behind this event is that you and your partner must navigate through a maze of issues and problem that must be solved for your team to survive. We have taken out the things that required a 4 man team to solve and added other concepts to it. Shooters can expect to have to climb over barricades, shoot from cover, deploy from vehicles and odd positions. A meal will be provided. This is a pride match.

Equipment: 200 rds rifle; 200 rds pistol. No calibers above .308. No armor piercing ammunition or tracer rounds allowed. All shooters will be required to carry a pistol at all times during the match. No weapon or equipment limits, but if you use it you must carry it. There can be no switching of gear or dropping of gear during the match, you start with it you finish with it.

A meal will be served at the end of the event.

Registration is limited to 30 teams. Limited space for camping is available

Time: Check-in/Registration 7:30am; Match begins at 8:00am

Refund Policy: A full refund is available up to 30 days prior to event; a credit for price of product will be issued up to 14 days prior to event and may be used for any Tiger Valley product offered. Credit will expire after 12 months; no other refunds or credits.
View Quote

Sponsorship

You own a company and want to send a team?  Simply pay their entry fees of $150/per shooter and be listed as a team sponsor for the event.  Our goal is to help sponsors get more out of this event.   I am helping coordinate prizes and sponsorship for the event, please email me if you are interested in sponsorship opportunities,  [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I would love to try this one! But I already signed myself up for the Pacos Tx run n gun also around the same time this year.  

I"m game to give it a go next year if anyone else wants to as well. Start training & saving for it!

But I bet if AZHTF puts the collective head together, I bet its possible to come up with a shooting event that could meet almost everyones interest, and end up being a really great event! Maybe not 2015, but 2016?

Have a AZHTF meeting w/ anyone who is interested, maybe a BBQ. Start talking & planning. I would love to incorporate something for returning Vets / Wounded Warrior type shoots.

I know maybe too ambitious at this time, but just a thought I have going through my head.

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]
We are discussing holding a couple mini-events in AZ leading up to this one, that will help teams that want to go to the main event.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would love to try this one! But I already signed myself up for the Pacos Tx run n gun also around the same time this year.  

I"m game to give it a go next year if anyone else wants to as well. Start training & saving for it!

But I bet if AZHTF puts the collective head together, I bet its possible to come up with a shooting event that could meet almost everyones interest, and end up being a really great event! Maybe not 2015, but 2016?

Have a AZHTF meeting w/ anyone who is interested, maybe a BBQ. Start talking & planning. I would love to incorporate something for returning Vets / Wounded Warrior type shoots.

I know maybe too ambitious at this time, but just a thought I have going through my head.

View Quote
I think that the monsoon shoot that should be happening after the stage II is lifted, would be a good time to talk it over since this may be even bigger than the last shoot. Maybe outside of Gabby's?

I also think that having more time for some competition like the last time, except do it after lunch and call the range cold, would be another good time to talk to people while the course is being set up.

Sorry Sinistral, didn't mean to hijack your thread, sir.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Btt 3 months out
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
We are hoping to have events in Southern and Northern Arizona before the main event in Texas where teams can try out some of the challenges and the best team at each event can get sponsored (entry fees paid) by a company to go to the event in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll only go if we can have a prune and milk eating contest and then shit ourselves.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
well as long as no vomiting is involved....

anyone in for the second half of "Team Geriatric" ?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I await the final word from warlord chubby.  Once I know his status, I will know my status.

It is a given that I plan to take a rape van trip to Waco this year
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't even qualify for senior division yet :-p
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#11]
TJ should make a "100" division.
The team members combined age = 100+

Next year..
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do

Passing a PT test in my age bracket in the Army is barely breathing after a walk across the street
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd be interested in the Az challenges but can't make the match.  I'm sure you'll post dates so I'll keep watching.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This match will be heavy on team effort and decision making.  Each team will be given time to look at and analyze each stage to best complete it using each persons skill sets.  No obstacle should require assistance to get over if you in reasonable shape.  That being said, working together may speed up your time and is allowed for everything.  The round count is a minimum for targets down range.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Route 66 Tactical Team Competition Class

This class is intended to prepare students to attend national level team competitions held around the country, the TIGER Valley Team Match in particular.

Date: 8-30-2014
Time: 9AM-2PM

Topics Covered Include:

General match principles such as safety and scoring
Navigating physical obstacles and typical physical challenges
Knowing marksmanship abilities to more intelligently plan team member responsibilities
Team movement and communication

Students Should Bring the Following:
A Rifle that is zeroed with 3 magazines and a sling
A pistol in 9mm, .40, or .45 with 3 magazines and a holster that will retain the pistol during movement
200 rifle, 100 pistol no AP ammo.
Eye and ear protection
Sunscreen and a hat
Water and Snacks

If we get at least 10 students, the students with the fastest times in the drills will be eligible to have their match fees for TIGER Valley Paid for by Route 66 Tactical.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Thus far 3 Arizona teams are going
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Btt just about 2 months out from the match
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Per TJ the match has 20 teams registered
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#19]
GWACS Armory has signed on as a sponsor with 6 CAV-15 MKII Receivers
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Prizes on the way from Honor Point USA and US PALM
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#21]
5 stages down, 4 to go on Sunday.
Az shooters representing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Match is wrapped up and we're all home.   Karl and myself won the match by a 30% margin.   The other Arizona teams had a strong showing with Paul (notgrownupyetsbr556) and Ryan in 3rd and Jake and Mark (AZIDPA) in 4th.

Pics and videos to follow
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice work!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Way to show those Texas boys how it's done.  Congratulations!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:10:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks guys!

Karl chills out waiting on the vehicle ambush stage

My rifle fit well on the left side of my Ford Fusion.

Last stage from the 60 foot tower.  18 rounds to make 9 hits per shooter.  We cleaned it with the fastest time.

Hogans alley stage
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:56:16 AM EDT
[#27]
wh00t !!!1!!
Proud to know and shoot with most of the AZ contingent.
And Karl rocking the flectarn.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#28]
The first two stages were fairly simple aside from everyone's glasses fogging up badly.

Stage 1 Huey Down

Stage 2 lots of steel

Stage 3 obstacle course.
We opted to skip the 6 foot and 8 foot walls because the penalty was only 30 seconds for each prop. I think we could have done the 6 foot, but figuring out the technique on the clock would likely take longer than 30 seconds.

The RO has a hard time keeping up calling our hits on steel here, you'll notice we got more hits then necessary then simultaneously neutralized the last target.

Stage 4 Vehicle Ambush

Stage 5 Jail Break

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome job! They do this every year? I might really try and put this on my schedule if I can get a partner to shoot this with next yr.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Awesome job! They do this every year? I might really try and put this on my schedule if I can get a partner to shoot this with next yr.
View Quote

Yes it is an annual event.

Full write up here:
http://sinistralrifleman.com/2014/09/25/2014-tiger-valley-team-match/
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#32]
GREAT JOB!!! Way to go!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:50:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Great Job!!! Love the Vids.. Karl rockin the flek tarn like a pro..
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Here's what Karl had to say about the match:

Karl Kasarda

This was the best team match yet at TJ's Tiger Valley facility.

A few of the stages were absolutely dedicated to designated marksman type shooting and tasks, these are things that are quite difficult to reproduce for yourself in regards to practice and training.

Shooting from the 5th floor of a tower at a rather extreme angle down to 1/2 IPSC steel targets on the clock out to over 300 yards is something you need to experience and, in my opinion, learn from. Each and every stage at this event was interesting not only competitively but also as a test of your skills, equipment and as a learning experience.

I highly recommend that anyone interested in using competition as a tool to improve martial shooting skills should absolutely attend these matches at Tiger Valley.

I frankly am astonished that these events aren't full every year.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I can tell you why events like this do not fill up.

It's fear.

Too many people in the "tactical" community are afraid to try something difficult. Failure to easily bruises the ego of people who will not invest in training and the testing of abilities.

Strange how ego gets in the way of some people bettering themselves.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I can tell you why events like this do not fill up.

It's fear.

Too many people in the "tactical" community are afraid to try something difficult. Failure to easily bruises the ego of people who will not invest in training and the testing of abilities.

Strange how ego gets in the way of some people bettering themselves.
View Quote

I'll play next time. Lets start getting some teams set up. I'm in the East Mesa area.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#37]
My fear is not failure, it is the beating my body takes.. you guys rock it.. If you want a taste of tiger valley I will invite you to Pima Pistol Range on the 3rd Saturday.. More fun then should be leagally allowed.. Even this fat kid had fun... 2 gun action
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top