Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2014 5:35:04 AM EDT
I am getting ready to purchase my first AR, and want to have the proper training so I can use it effectively.

I have years of IDPA under my belt and after finding arfcom have decided it is finally time.  I have fired AR's a time or two but never owned one.

I want to find some training that is solid from the ground up, cleaning, assembling, maintenance, proper iron sight usage.  I want a thorough in depth class that I can use to build on in the future with more advanced classes.

I work too much to drive outside the valley for classes at least for now, so I need a great instructor here in the metro valley area.

Any suggestions?

Additionally any suggestions on dealers or shops for the first AR purchase would be appreciated.  After months of lurking and reading here, I was considering based on the advice I have seen, simply finding a good deal on a 6920 with iron sights.

I have seen folks say that is a solid rifle to get, then learn the platform and as you learn you will decide what things you like and don't like about the differing choices you can make with the ultimate tinker toy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#1]
What you're describing doesn't sound like a tactical rifle class, but a basic owner/operator class.  Shooters World offers that course for a fairly low price.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.independencetraining.com/
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/494210_Independence_Training___Upcoming_Training_Courses__updated_22Apr_14_.html
Rizzo on the HTF will get you squared away
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What you're describing doesn't sound like a tactical rifle class, but a basic owner/operator class.  Shooters World offers that course for a fairly low price.
View Quote

^^^This.

Nothing in the OP's post is 'tactical'.  Is Phil still the owner of SW??
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes Phil still owns Shooters World. Jesse teaches this class
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#5]
ok, basic class it is.  Thanks for the ideas on where to train.  Appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top