Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 6:15:56 AM EDT
Hey guys. I have been seeing a ton of magazine and internet articles on medical kits. I am just curious what you guys all think about it. Do you guys carry a kit, what kind of kit so on and so forth. The final question I have is, why do you carry it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to carry a pocket kit...
-TK4
-Quic-Clot Gauze
-4" compression
-more Guaze....
But as i transitioned to jeans over cargo pants.....i ran out of pockets.

Now i have multiple med kits in packs, vehicles etc. One is normally within reach.
i have 5 primary kits. all have the above items (or similar) and some other extras since size became much less of an issue.
2 are of my own selected items in Condor or Maxpedition type "IFAK/Med" pouches. the other 3 are http://www.redwiregear.com/home.html MK82 kits.
Why I carry them....as they say a picture is worth a thousand words....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry a DARK kit everywhere. It's the easiest small trauma kit on the market. It's small, intelligently stocked, easy to carry. You can roll your own for cheaper and nit pick each gear choice, but unless you really want to spend time doing that and sourcing component parts, it's far easier to pick up a DARK.

That picture is a good example why. However, you're far more likely to come upon an accident on the highway, etc. than any bombing or gun shot victim. Oddly enough, massive trauma is massive trauma, regardless of the cause, so preparing for the cool guy shootout at the OK Corral, just happens to have quite a bit of practical application as well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a SOF-T-W, pair of gloves, and regular sized h bandage in my man purse which is usually with me.  More comprehensive blowout kit on my carriers and belt rigs, substantial trauma kit in the vehicle, and a mid-sized MASH unit at home.

Should be good to go =)

The basics in the man purse can cover a LOT of scenarios though, and definitely doesn't add much weight or bulk to my EDC.

On the pic = 1k words thing:

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I just carry an Adventure Medical Ultralight / Watertight .5 Kit with a couple of Quickclot Sport sponges thrown in.  

I carry it because it's light, waterproof and why not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry the IFAK from Rizzo's class on my work bag. During the day it is always within 10 feet of me and when I get home it is centrally located in my house. I need to put a kit together to go in a diaper bag since that is ALWAYS guaranteed to be close by in my life.

I carry it for the same reasons listed above. I've also had to deal with a kid bleeding from the head at the house of someone woefully unprepared and I promised myself that would never happen again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I keep an industrial kit in my trunk. At the end of the year I blow whatever remains of my flex spending account on 1st aid supplies and keep them stored in ammo cans for the house and BOL.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry my IFAK I got from Independence in my truck, between the front seats. This is the best place for me to carry it since I have my truck with me while I work (home remodeler) so access to it is quick and I know exactly where it is. I carry that one because so far, this is what I have learned to use. Additional and re-training is something I need to do soon, though.

With summer approaching, I need a rehydration kit and training.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
You will never know from me !!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top