Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/11/2014 4:02:37 PM EDT

Independence Training is now the official host of The Arms Room internet radio show!

We have been guests on The Arms Room program in the past, and now we will be taking over the show and putting out some awesome new content. We're proud to have been chosen by Vets On Media to carry on the torch held so high by the former hosts (and our friends) KT and Dano.

What can you expect? Spotlights of new equipment from the shooting industry, live discussions of training concepts and techniques with our listeners and social media followers, on-the-air gear demonstrations, special guests, giveaways, and more!

Program Time: Every Monday, 10am - 11am
Where to Listen: Live on the Website or Later on the YouTube Channel.

Be sure to stop by the The Arms Room Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Arms-Room/664027933627422) and give it a 'Like' to stay updated on new content and coverage of the shooting and training communities.

Are you involved in the shooting, training, law-enforcement, or military communities? If you're interested in becoming a Show Sponsor, a Guest, or having us Demo your Equipment on The Arms Room, let me know!

I look forward to hearing the AZ HTF's comments on the show. And if you have some content or topics that you'd like covered, post 'em up right here - we're building our program right now!

Past Shows
12/21: Cyber security with Josh and how to stay safe in a digital world
12/14: Demystifying firearms maintenance and advertising nonsense
12/7: Quinn from Brethren Armament about the need for engineers in the firearms world
11/30: Guest: AR500 Armor about how they got started and where they are headed
11/23: Bernie Miller about the effects of sleep on health and good sleep habits
11/16: Rigo from TacFlow about getting off the square range and getting comfortable with violence
11/9: Round Table: historical firearms, vehicle accidents and shooting just for fun
11/2: Essential man skills and what's happening to our society
10/26: How to get started in hunting and John's first hunt
10/19: Vehicle security and offensive driving
10/12: Guest: Joe about real-world self-defense and lessons learned
10/5/: Guest: George from Gnat Warfare about shooting drones out of the sky.
9/28: Guest: Marti from The Well-Armed Woman about getting ladies into shooting
9/21: Guest: Hexmag and why magazine brand matters
9/14: Guest: Russell Phagan from Red Dot Glocks about RMR equipped handguns
9/7: The line gear system, how it works and why you need to test yours
8/31: The practical fighting rifle and how to set one up
8/24: Home defense and security that is practical and simple
8/17: Critical items to put into your medical kit with Paramedic Rebecca
8/10: Round Table with Cecil from IAC about exercise, fighting and gun shop myths
8/3: Guest: LRK Mechanical about the long range and precision difference
7/27: Guest: Ricardo from AR500 Armor about a the need for a good T&E process
7/20: Functional fitness and exercise for the average person
7/13: Guest: Jim from Modern Arms about electronics in firearms and tactical innovation
7/6: Guest: Russell from KE Arms about competition shooting and equipment development
6/29: Guest: Black Flag Firearms and realistic expectations of the AR-15
6/22: Average Engagement and Standard Response and training to do difficult things
6/15: Guest: Alan from Gunslinger Tactical about why a good holster is required equipment
6/9: Guest: Will from Semper Paratus Arms about common mistake AR15 mistakes and spare parts you should keep on hand.
6/1: Guest: Mike from Patriot Defense about the dangers of misinformation and gun myths
5/25: How to safely and effectively form a training group
5/18: The armed lifestyle and why we live it - and it's not just about guns!
5/11: Guest: Jason from Dillon Precision about getting started in reloading and common mistakes
5/4: Guest: Hunter "Nubs" Cayll about the effects of attitude on shooting and competition
4/27: Guest: Army Combat Veteran John Y on how he survived life and death situations
4/13: Guest: Darrell from Vertx about the gray man concept and how to blend in
4/6: Roundtable about favorite knife, optic, EDC item and home defense gun
3/30: Why we should all shop local gun and gear companies and a list of AZ gun and gear companies
3/23: Guest: Peter Palma about his Ms. Clean Kits, the need for natural selection, and why Top Shot drama is needed
3/16: Guests: Ralph and Sam from Wilderness Tactical and why a good belt is important for everyone
3/9: Cultivating the learning mindset, overcoming the fear of failure, and specialization is for insects
3/2: SD Tactical Arms' Weapons 4 Warriors and legally homemade suppressors
2/23: On location at the AR500 Armor shop shooting armor live on the show and showing the results
2/16: Guest: Matt Shozda, Lt. Col. USAF (ret), about living a prepared lifestyle and being realistic about your preps
2/9: Guest: Derek (current LEO) and real-world lessons learned from competition shooting
2/2: Guest: Cecil Burch from IAC about the need for resistance in training
1/26: SHOT Show 2015 review - Top 10 List and an emotional moment
1/19: Random Topics: Glen, John, Matt, and Brian all discuss their favorite topics
1/12: Guest: Todd Rathner from the NFA Freedom Alliance about the future of the NFA in America
1/5: New Year's resolutions and setting realistic standards and goals

12/29: Guest: Matt Kenney from Concerned Veterans for America on their mission, and also how to do your homework on a non-profit org
12/22: Guest: Charles Heller about Universal Background Checks and Gun Control in the U.S.
12/15: SECS and why we all need more of it - OPSEC and PERSEC
12/9: Which red dots or holographic sight for your rifle PLUS Special Guest: Reed from US Optics
12/1: Guest: Jeff Spalding from Caracal USA about the future of Caracal and his role on their shooting team
11/22: Guests: Glen's Dad and John Y talk about the evolution of gear over the years based on their time in hostile environments
11/17: Commonly Overlooked Emergency Prep Items (No YouTube)
11/10: Handgun Concealment Considerations
11/3: Unconventional Weapons and Carrying in Non-Permissive Environments
10/27: Guest: Brian Sinclair talking with us about why everyone needs to learn to fight without a gun
10/20: Practical Survival Kits and Avoiding Marketing Hype
10/13: All About Shotguns - selection, patterns, myths, and misconceptions
10/6: Guest: John Johnston from Ballistic Radio about Sentinel Events
9/29: Adventure Races and Why You Should Get Involved with Jason from TCB Holsters
9/22: Guest: LRK Mechanical and Building Precision Rifles
9/15: Choosing a Hunting Style that Works for You
9/8: Testing Your Guns and Ammo in the Real World
9/1: How to Pick an Instructor
8/25: Guest: Russell Phagan from Route 66 Tactical (and SinistralRifleman here on ARFCOM) on how to get involved in competitive shooting and why you should do it
8/18: Guest: Josh from SilencerCo about SilencerCo innovations and why you need to own a silencer
8/11: Shooting Fitness and why you need to focus on it for Combative or Competitive Shooting
8/4: Guest: Cecil Burch of IAJJ on how to be the gray man and live a discrete lifestyle
7/28: Guest: Jason Squires about self-defense laws and preparing for the before and after of a defensive engagement
7/21: How to setup a practical Fighting Rifle, and also a Special Guest: Lauren from Shooters Grill in Rifle, CO
7/14: Dry Practice Methods and Why You Need to Do It
7/7: Guest: Frank Riggs, AZ candidate for Governor, and why you need to get out, get active in local politics, and VOTE
6/30: The Importance of Training Journals and AARs
6/23: Guest: Guy from Fathom Arms on how to select an AR-15 upper and why/why not a .300 AAC Blackout
6/16: Real-World Food and Water Storage for Emergencies
6/9: Critical Items for Your Trauma Medical Kit
6/2: Medical Training and Why You Need More Of It
5/26: Guest: Marti from The Well-Armed Woman
5/19: All About Hunting - how to get involved and why you should be a hunting mentor
5/12: How to Setup a Good Fighting Load and Avoid Common Mistakes
5/5: Realistic Everyday Carry (EDC) Gear
4/28: Guest: Don from Shooter's World - Purchasing NFA/Class III Items
4/21: Realistic Application of Bugout Bags and Get Home Bags
4/14: Guest: Craig Douglas from Shivworks
4/7: The Myth of the Average Engagement and Standard Response, and How to Avoid Training Scars
3/31: Getting Youth Involved in the Shooting Sports and Teaching Them to Handle Emergencies
3/24: Guest: Jason Slisz from TCB Holsters and the Total Carry System
3/14: St. Paddy's Day - AZ LE Emerald Society and How to Hunt Predators (animals)
3/10: Body Armor and Why You Should Own Some
3/3: Guest: Beth Banister from 1 Million Moms Against Gun Control  
2/24: Gun Lifestyle
2/17: Asking the Right Questions

Here is our current Program Schedule:

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats Glen, now educate the masses and make the liberals cry!
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats awesome congrats!
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice! With your contacts in the self-sufficiency/prepping community, I'm sure you could feature some guests and have some good shows about those topics

ETA: Rear sights. Just sayin'
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome to hear....suggestions

Mindset, lifestyle, training, gear....in that order. Rally and army behind your ass....the Rizzo Army
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome to hear....suggestions

Mindset, lifestyle, training, gear Guns, Babes and beer....in that order. Rally and army behind your ass....the Rizzo Army
View Quote

FIFY

Congratulations, Glen.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
CONGRATS RIZZO --- although you know I have often commented on the fact that you have a face for radio..........
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
you mind linking the youtubes when they come out in this thread?  Otherwise I wont remember to watch.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
you mind linking the youtubes when they come out in this thread?  Otherwise I wont remember to watch.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#9]

I can see a "YouTube Tax" coming...
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can see a "YouTube Tax" coming...
View Quote

Thats right, you give them an inch and they take a mile.....

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Will do - first show is tomorrow (Mon) from 10a-11a , so look for the link to be posted after that sometime.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice debut, good topic(s)
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Update in OP with link to first show.

Link Posted: 2/18/2014 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice work guys!
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#15]
listening now.  sounds good bro.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Good show Glen and John.  Strong work, I'll be a regular listener!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Update with this week's show in OP.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Good stuff
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#19]
You're off to a good start with some good topics. I only wish that the broadcast was at a time that I could listen live on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You're off to a good start with some good topics. I only wish that the broadcast was at a time that I could listen live on a regular basis.
View Quote

Other than live, we are also on PodBean, iTunes, and YouTube, so even if you can't listen live, there's always a way for you to hear the program! And if you have questions or comments after the show is over, feel free to leave them on The Arms Room Facebook page.

Next week we have Beth Banister from 1 Million Moms Against Gun Control - it's going to be a good one!
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Tomorrow's show is all about armor - we'll be talking about the different types, the different styles, and why everyone should own some. We'll also be talking to Tyler from AR500 Armor about his products and why they may be a good option for you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Today's show posted in the OP.

Next week we'll be talking about predator hunting, why we do it, and how to get started.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Update in OP with current Program Schedule.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Added links to recent shows. The AZ HTF's very own Jason with TCB Holsters was on our show yesterday!
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:00:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Just listened/watched for the first time on you tube. I'll be listening every Monday!  Now I need to go order a holster from TCB
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:03:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just listened/watched for the first time on you tube. I'll be listening every Monday!  Now I need to go order a holster from TCB
View Quote

That's the ticket
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 3:50:57 AM EDT
[#27]
so how durable are the wilderness tactical belts you showed there?  I blow through a belt just about every three months from hard work and carrying pretty much all the time.    
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#28]
My current one is 2 years old...daily wear and carry.Other than scratch on the buckle it looks dam near new. The one before that was retired after about 3 years...not because it wore out, i just lost a shit ton of weight and it no longer fit
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Wilderness tactical belts are GTG. I have 4 of them, 2 are 8-9 years old and show little to any wear. Go by the store and take a look if you're in the area. If the don't have what you want already made up they'll make it in just a few minutes while you wait.

Quoted:

so how durable are the wilderness tactical belts you showed there?  I blow through a belt just about every three months from hard work and carrying pretty much all the time.    
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have had the same 5 stitch instructor belt for over 8 years. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Today's show about Youth is up in the OP.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Today's show about Youth is up in the OP.
View Quote
Ill check it out tomorrow night probably.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Today's show is up in the OP: The Myth of the Average Engagement and Standard Response, and How to Avoid Training Scars
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Today's show was about the need for opposition in defensive training, and our guest was Craig Douglas from Shivworks.

Link is in the OP.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#35]
New show link is in the OP: Don from Shooter's World talks with us about getting involved in the world of NFA/Class III.

Next week: Realistic Everyday Carry Gear for the Average Joe
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Today's show about realistic Everyday Carry (EDC) gear added to the OP.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Last week's show about "How to Setup a Good Fighting Load and Avoid Common Mistakes" is up in the OP.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Today's show was All About Hunting - how to get involved and why you should be a hunting mentor. Link added to the OP.

Next week we'll have Marti from The Well Armed Woman talking about their mission, their goals, and why they, you, and everyone should take a real interest in getting more women involved in the shooting sports.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#39]
New show from today is in the OP: Guest: Marti from The Well-Armed Woman
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Updated the OP with today's show: Critical Items for Your Trauma Medical Kit
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Listening to Bugout Bags right now.

Funny shit, Glen.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Mods,

How about tacking this thread?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#44]
OP is updated with today's show: Real-World Food and Water Storage for Emergencies
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#45]
If you ever want a guest on the realities of living in 3rd world countries, I'm your man!!!! Heading back to South America AGAIN. Glad these are online so I can listen to them while I'm overseas.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you ever want a guest on the realities of living in 3rd world countries, I'm your man!!!! Heading back to South America AGAIN. Glad these are online so I can listen to them while I'm overseas.
View Quote

If you're ever at home on a Monday and want to drive to Scottsdale, or are in a place where you can call in with a solid connection, I'm open to the idea. Shoot me over an email about it if you're serious.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Said a few things on the show that I figured I would clarify.

1. Galling... 4140 has more risk of thermal erosion when compared to 4150V. Not galling... Drew a blank on the show.

2. I said Vandium not Vanadium. Not a big deal, but figured I would correct it.

A little different talking live when you have so much to get through in so little time! Feel like I could talk about this stuff for hours. It is definitely harder to recall information when your live. Its like public speaking. Glen is very comfortable on the show and my hat is off to him!

Thanks again Glen! I had a great time on the show!

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Update in OP with today's show: The Importance of Training Journals and AARs
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top