BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
June 2016 Scores are up!

Please note:

There were some gloves and knee pads left on the range.  If you think they may be yours, please message us here with a brief description and we'll do our best to get them back to you.

Either way, we'll bring them to the match next month just in case you show up and want to claim them.

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/june-2016/
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
No Videos!!?? Since I was not able to go, I look forward to the videos to see what I missed!
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NI9u6PD_5I

Here's my video.  Stage 3 is tough to watch, I could NOT get the timing right.  You were shooting from a platform suspended by chains and even the small amount of movement threw me off.  Stage 2 was my favorite, shooting out of a vehicle and engaging a spinner with a rifle.  Whats not to love?  Fun match.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Double tap.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
not sure how i've missed this. i'll definitly will be trying this out once it cools off.

on a side note do they allow you to keep your fired brass?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not sure how i've missed this. i'll definitly will be trying this out once it cools off.

View Quote

Why wait for cooler weather?  More people show up in the summer then the winter.

If you want your brass, then say so and pick it up. If you don't want it, no worries!  One of the north american brass vultures will swoop down and grab it for you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why wait for cooler weather?  More people show up in the summer then the winter.

If you want your brass, then say so and pick it up. If you don't want it, no worries!  One of the north american brass vultures will swoop down and grab it for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok good to know. I'm too cheap to buy factory ammo I'd rather spend the time to make a higher quality product for less money. that and I refuse to run steel cased. seen more than one glue into the chamber which is enough to turn me away from it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ok good to know. I'm too cheap to buy factory ammo I'd rather spend the time to make a higher quality product for less money. that and I refuse to run steel cased. seen more than one glue into the chamber which is enough to turn me away from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep in mind time though. Things have to move quickly or else we would be out there all day. I just resorted to steel and aluminum cased ammo to alleviate those worries.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been known to swoop down for some of the brass. Yes, they need to keep it moving so I usually wait till the end of the stage/match. I also help them set up and take down. The best thing to do for the brass is to mark it somehow (sharpie) and let them know. If I find marked brass, I do my best to return it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#10]
That swinging platform looks like it would be tough!! I still have not had to deal with the spinner yet, I am not looking forward to that.
Thanks for posting,.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy mackerel, 74 shooters today!

Thank goodness we had 60 second par times and simplified stuff given the heat, I hope everyone enjoyed them.

Scores are up!

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/july-2016/
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Great match.  74 shooters.  Wow.  Ran unbelievably smoothly.  Already home, showered, and fed.  

Video uploading again at time of post.  Had to update it.  Great job, guys.  Two AWESOME matches this month for my return to shooting (ID4 and this one).

https://youtu.be/DXGxM9NzVnQ
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Good match and it ran well despite moving 74 shooters through it.

Finished 12th out of 74.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naNCDb42J10&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Holy mackerel, 74 shooters today!

Thank goodness we had 60 second par times and simplified stuff given the heat, I hope everyone enjoyed them.

Scores are up!

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/july-2016/
View Quote

I counted 71?

Do I need MOAR math?

BTW, I had a great time!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#15]
A few shooters shot twice, bringing it up to 74, but those second scores aren't represented on the main scoresheet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I know, I'm late to the party.  Finally got the video edited and posted.

Was hot, but great fun was had.

4th of 74, 2nd in PCC.  Russell got me by less than a second, but I did manage to win stage 4.

https://youtu.be/YWaQkF9ESX8
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#17]
It has become increasingly impossible to design stages that aren't either horribly maligned against or too beneficial to the PCC division.

We realize that the PCC division is popular and important, but we also realize that it has been a partially disruptive influence over what is intended to be truly a "two gun" match.

We're absolutely not going to get rid of PCC as it's valuable, but starting this month we're going to be putting up two score sheets: Main Match and PCC.    

The PCC division will be scored separately and all other divisions will be on the "Main Match" score sheet, including Armored.  This is still the case even if the Armored shooter uses a PCC - Armored shooters deserve some respect! :)

We hope this will strike a necessary balance between the original goals of 2G-ACM while still providing the PCC division to whomever prefers it.  

We will be slightly turning up the heat next month with 90 second par times and more physically challenging stages, FYI.   We ran 60 second par times this month with the fear of a 100 shooter turn out.    Since that was not the case, we'll consider last month an anomaly and get back closer to normal with 90 second second stages and increased intensity in September.

Main Match Scores:
http://twogunaction.squarespace.com/august-2016-main-match/

PCC:
http://twogunaction.squarespace.com/august-2016-pcc/
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Great match, good variance between stages.  

https://youtu.be/db9IDv5391o

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#19]
And remember folks, being too quick to run and you slipped, fell and lost control of your weapon is not worth getting DQ'd and driving all the way home to Phoenix after shooting only 12 rounds of 5.56.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
And remember folks, being too quick to run and you slipped, fell and lost control of your weapon is not worth getting DQ'd and driving all the way home to Phoenix after shooting only 12 rounds of 5.56.

View Quote

Don't feel bad, when I was going when they called it ACTS or whatever, I got my shirt caught between my pistol and the holster. As I ran to the next part of the stage my pistol came flying out and landed in the dirt. Instant DQ.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hated DQing you.  That was a tough one.  After you left, I tripped 2-3 times in that area while running the clock, but didn't fall.   I was hoping you could keep one hand on any part of the rifle when you went down, but when it slid forward, I didn't have a choice on the DQ.  Letting it go is probably the safer play, but doesn't keep you in the match.  

Hope to see you next month.  Glad you are okay.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I hated DQing you.  That was a tough one.  After you left, I tripped 2-3 times in that area while running the clock, but didn't fall.   I was hoping you could keep one hand on any part of the rifle when you went down, but when it slid forward, I didn't have a choice on the DQ.  Letting it go is probably the safer play, but doesn't keep you in the match.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was too fast for my feet and uh, weight......  

Rules are rules.  If it helps one person think about how much speed they want to dedicate to a casual match, it was worth it.  Wake up call for me, plus adds honest wear to my rifle without the "throw it down a drive way" methodology.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#24]
ANNOUNCEMENT:

We're trying to avoid pre-enrollment requirements and match attendance limitations.   While 60 second par times "worked", they don't lend themselves to the sorts of stages we want to run.  

In the interest of keeping 2G-ACM available to the broadest audience possible but also preserving our stage goals and intentions, we're going to put a moratorium on "shooting twice".

We have an increasing number of participants registering in more than on division and then shooting 2, or even 3 times in a single match.   While we appreciate that zeal and that people enjoy our match sufficiently enough that they're willing to put themselves through it 3 times in a row, it's unfortunately also artificially increasing the run time and attendance numbers.

Starting with October, please do not expect to register and shoot in more than one division.    We may consider removing this moratorium in the future should the situation change.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats on growing the match so much. Big change from when most of us could go to lunch afterwards and not even take up a couple tables.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Fun match, good variance between stages.  I'm missing that spinner though!

Heres my video, I forgot to film stage 2 though which was probably the most fun.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#27]
OK, who has the vid for stage 2??!!

Thanks for posting your vids, I get to see what I missed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:37:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Good weather, challenging stages, great people, great fun.  Doesn't get much better.

The spinners were the biggest challenge it seems.  32 (58%) shooters timed out on the rifle spinner stage (1) and 36 (65%) on the pistol spinner stage (4).

Many thanks again to Aaron, Jake, Karl, and Sarah (Happy Birthday) for all their hard work putting on these matches.  We are very fortunate down here in southern Arizona.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#30]
The dreaded spinners, I have not had to pleasure...dis-pleasure.. to face those yet. I am not looking forward to it. At least I would not have been the only one to time out.
I need to get to another match.

An vids?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Great job!! Thanks for the vids.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#35]
For some reason the linkee to the scores is not working for me.
For PCC it is though......

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link to primary scores is fixed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Today was epic, thank you for being a part of it!

December 2016 Scores:
https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/december-2016/

December 2016 PCC Scores:
https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/december-2016-pcc/
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Here's a new idea for 2017, and I'd like input from all active participants.

Odd Months - "Extreme" - highly physical, running, weights, dynamic movement, occasional puking.    Straight up brutality.

Even Months - "Normal" - still more physical and dynamic than any other event out there but less so than odd months for those of you not inclined towards days like yesterday.  Probably more technical, psychological, mental.

We believe that the 2G-ACM shooter base is pretty evenly split in regards to their match style preference, so this would allow those of you who want to pick one style over the other to do so.   The maniacs who like it all just come every month regardless.

Or we leave it alone and you just get what you get when you get there.  Good luck!

Thoughts?  Your input will be useful.  ~Karl
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#39]
December 2016 Video

2 Gun Action Challenge Match 12-17-2016
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#40]
As much as hitting the Par time on stage 3 sucked, I am beginning to enjoy the physical aspect of some of the stages.  Getting my ass kicked on the physical stages actually helped motivate me to get back in the gym.  

My only suggestion would be to maybe up the Par times on the really physical stages so everyone gets the full effect.

No matter what you decide, the matches are great and I really appreciate all the work you put in to them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow! I probably would not have been moving after stage 3!!! I know I would be sucking air after that.
I think it might not be a bad idea to try the even and odd months. I don't get to make it out to very many of them, so having an idea of which ones might be more physical could play a role in which one I plan for.
I would probably still go to the more physical ones occasionally to help motivate me to get a bit of cardio work in.

If nothing else try it for a while and see if there is a change in numbers.
As always, you guys do a great job with the matches!!! Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:04:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Here's a new idea for 2017, and I'd like input from all active participants.

Odd Months - "Extreme" - highly physical, running, weights, dynamic movement, occasional puking.    Straight up brutality.

Even Months - "Normal" - still more physical and dynamic than any other event out there but less so than odd months for those of you not inclined towards days like yesterday.  Probably more technical, psychological, mental.

We believe that the 2G-ACM shooter base is pretty evenly split in regards to their match style preference, so this would allow those of you who want to pick one style over the other to do so.   The maniacs who like it all just come every month regardless.

Or we leave it alone and you just get what you get when you get there.  Good luck!

Thoughts?  Your input will be useful.  ~Karl
View Quote

I resemble that remark.

My only suggestion would be to continue to change things up all the time just like always, but just give a head's up on the website and possibly here every month what we have to look forward to.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#43]
my opinion:

Keep doing what you guys have always done. Interesting physical challenges with fun shooting.

Decembers Stage 3 has inspired my own version of awful for future use...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#44]
I must have worded the question poorly, so I apologize.

I realize everyone has a different preference in regards to the physicality included in a stage, and that'll never change.

I am not proposing that Odd months are worse than anything we've done before, but what I am proposing is that Odd months would be more like December 2016 and Even months would be less so.

This would allow someone who has an injury, or just doesn't like stuff like mortar cans or sprints, to ditch Odds and come out to Evens, and not be surprised.

That really was my point, not to make Odd something above and beyond what we *sometimes* do, but to merely provide options.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#46]

GOOD!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#47]
We have never missed a match in 12 years.   That said, this weekend's weather looks grim.

We will run this no matter what UNLESS the range itself is shut down by the range administration, which could possibly happen.

We have no warning if this will happen or not, the best we can offer is to attempt to post something here at ~7AM on Saturday morning alerting folks to the status of the range.

If it turns out to be shut down then we'll at least be able to give some of you that are driving long distances some warning to turn around.   If it is open, we will run the match in the rain and wind, because that's how we roll.

So check this page at around 7am and we'll do our best to post an update.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#48]
STAND DOWN.  STAND DOWN.

The match today, potentially for the first time in history, is CANCELLED.

The range called and the wash is running meaning it is not possible to get to the range, regardless of the weather conditions otherwise.

Please tell anyone/everyone you know as we don't want people driving down for nothing!

So sorry, we really have awesome stages ready - they'll have to wait until Feb.

THE MATCH IS CANCELLED.  RANGE IS INACCESSIBLE.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#49]
How are things looking for tomorrow?  I'm hearing water may be falling from the sky.  We still on or will there be issues with the wash?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#50]
So far we're good to go, although it's really windy and will likely rain on us during the match.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top