Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/7/2012 4:50:33 PM EDT

In the interest of keeping our course announcements in one place as we've done on other forums, we will now post all upcoming open enrollment course information in this thread. Private, corporate, and LEO/MIL courses will not be posted here. Are you interested in setting up a private group or individual course? PM me here, call me (520-831-3683), or email me ([email protected]) for more information.

For more information on Independence Training, visit our website. And if you use Facebook, then 'Like' us for a chance to win cool gear and free training! You can also find lots of course AARs and course reviews here in the AZ HTF as well as other local and national firearms and training forums.

We also have 2 blogs: Journal of a Sheepdog, which covers training and mindset concepts; and Equipment Reviews, which is just what it says - our reviews of various guns and gear. You should also cruise over and check out our YouTube channel (lots of great videos!) which can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/independencetraining.

We are the hosts of an internet radio show with the Vets on Media network called 'The Arms Room.' This is a weekly show which airs live every Monday from 10a-11p, and can be viewed/listened to anytime afterwards on PodBean, iTunes, or YouTube: http://www.vetsonmedia.com/radio-shows/the-arms-room/

Currently Scheduled Open Enrollment Courses - click on course names for more information and Contact Us to get registered - class sizes are limited! 50% deposit is required to hold your spot in class, all deposits are transferable but non-refundable. We accept all major credit/debit cards, Paypal, and (of course) cash. We're also open to service and equipment trades.

Combative Defense Tactics
Ongoing every Tuesday - 6p-8p - Prescott Valley, AZ - 10.00/class OR 35.00/month
This program is taught by Brian Sinclair (read more about him on our Instructors and Training Staff page) and is one of the most non-BS realistic self-defense classes that you will ever be a part of. It is for students of any age, size, gender, or skill level who are interested in learning to physically take care of themselves when bad things happen.

IFAK Life Saver
July 12 - Phoenix, AZ - 259.00 (includes kit) or 129.00 (no kit)
Sept 20 - Phoenix, AZ - 259.00 (includes kit) or 129.00 (no kit)
Learn how to stop the bleeding and start the breathing with the contents of the IFAK as well as improvised equipment. This isn't about putting on band-aids, it's about saving lives!

Precision Rifle
3 Days Oct 17-19 - Phoenix, AZ - 649.00
This course is about more than just long range shooting - it will teach you how to make consistent and effective hits at extended ranges under field conditions with your precision rifle equipment.

Defensive Handgun
Jul 26 – Chino Valley, AZ -159.00
The handgun is the average citizen's most available defensive tool - discover how to push yours past your current limitations with Marksmanship, Manipulation, Movement, and Mindset!

Advanced Handgun
Jul 27 – Chino Valley, AZ - 209.00
Working with extreme applications of the fundamentals, you'll use single-handed techniques to shoot and manipulate your handgun from unconventional positions, discover how to fight with your handgun in close-quarters, and learn about the effective use of cover!

Defensive Carbine
Aug 30 – Chino Valley, AZ - 159.00
Learn to use your AR-15, AK-47, Mini-14, or similar carbine effectively and efficiently for real-world situations!

Advanced Carbine
Aug 31 – Chino Valley, AZ - 209.00
The next step in the progression of your carbine skills - unconventional positions, effective use of cover, single hand marksmanship and manipulation, and more!

Practical Shotgun
Aug 16 – Chino Valley, AZ - 159.00
The shotgun is a powerful and versatile piece of equipment - learn how to run yours like never before. Whether competitive, combative, or recreational, you'll become faster and more proficient with your shotgun!

Basic Handgun / AZ Concealed Carry (CCW)
Sep 6 - Phoenix, AZ - 129.00
(59.00 "refresher" tuition for any current CCW holder)
Do more than just sit through a CCW class to get your permit - learn about firearms laws, legal use of lethal force, how to get your hits with solid marksmanship, and how to work from a holster and concealment!

Women's Self-Defense
July 12/13 (2 mornings) - Prescott, AZ - 109.00
Self-defense is not just about fighting back - it's about winning! We teach the survival mindset, fundamentals of home defense, hardening the target, and how to win physical confrontations.

Coyote Clinic
Sept 27/28 - Prescott Valley, AZ (3p-8p Sept 27 / 9a-5p Sept 28) - 189.00
99.00 "refresher" tuition for any returning graduate
70.00 for youth 10-17 with accompanying paid adult
20.00 discount for active MIL
Whether you are interested in getting started in predator hunting or you are an experienced caller who is looking for some new tricks, you're sure to get a lot of great information and have a lot of fun from the annual Coyote Clinic!

Contact Us (http://www.independencetraining.com/contact-us/) to get registered for any of the above courses - class sizes are limited!

Check back here often for updated course dates and information! Don't see a course that you would like to take? Contact Us (http://www.independencetraining.com/contact-us/) about setting up private individual or group training.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been interested in the shotgun course for some time now. Gotta talk to the wife, of course, but I'm signing up for the 6 Oct class.

ETA* FB page 'liked'.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
OOOOHHHH I like the sound of precision rifle.  Please let me know when you get some course details.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OOOOHHHH I like the sound of precision rifle.  Please let me know when you get some course details.  

I'd like to see the details of this as well. Also the no light/low light carbine is something I defiantly want to attend, glow sticks at 25 yards?
Also thinking about taking the carbine class again, do returning students get a discount?
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to see the details of this as well. Also the no light/low light carbine is something I defiantly want to attend, glow sticks at 25 yards?

Also thinking about taking the carbine class again, do returning students get a discount?

Im going to take it again when it cools down.

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, no light/low light sounds like a needed class.
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of the details of the Precision Rifle course will be available soon.
Yes, returning students always get 50% off of any course they have already completed. The Low-Light/No-Light portion has been cancelled for the time being, look for it again when the darkness comes a little sooner in the day.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Removed past courses, updated Precision Rifle listing.

Precision Rifle is now officially scheduled and ready for enrollment!
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Im going to take it again when it cools down.

Average temp for Flagstaff in Sept is 76-69 degrees over the course of the month.
Should be a great day for training!

In on the PreRi class to.
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the e-mail on the Precision Rifle class and immediately checked my schedule. Unfortunately it's right in the middle of my Buenos Aires to Santaigo transfer. And I have to use 80 vacation hours before the end of the year, talk about bad timing!!!!

I might figure out a time when I'm home and setup a private class, and I'm trying to convince my folks that they need to take the precision course that way they can wring out a couple new rifles for me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Updated course list - added courses being held in Flagstaff, AZ @ CAL Ranch Store and courses being held in Camp Verde, AZ @ Copper Star Indoor Shooting Range.

Added other events at the end of the list, which currently include the Arizona Survivalist Show in October and some specialty courses for Copper Star ISR.

Also consolidated courses by name instead of putting them by date.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Upcoming Course Availability - remember that returning students get 50% off for refresher courses!

-Sept 22 Defensive Carbine - 2 spots available
-Sept 29 Basic Handgun / CCW - FULL
-Sept 30 Defensive Handgun - 4 spots available
-Oct 6 Practical Shotgun - 6 spots available
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Still a few spots available in the Defensive Handgun course on Sept 30th!
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Where you shooting at in Florence? I can't make it, just wondering....
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where you shooting at in Florence? I can't make it, just wondering....

National Guard Range

Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been interested in the shotgun course for some time now. Gotta talk to the wife, of course, but I'm signing up for the 6 Oct class.

ETA* FB page 'liked'.

I've taken his Shotgun class, you'll enjoy it! I don't know if you've taken any classes with Rizzo but he is a top notch instructor. Money well spent.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA* FB page 'liked'.

I've taken his Shotgun class, you'll enjoy it! I don't know if you've taken any classes with Rizzo but he is a top notch instructor. Money well spent.

Can't make the course. MSgt pay hasn't caught up yet.  That was going to pay for this. Some stupid office rule. Since my current enlistment is up on 15 Oct, they decided not to pay me until after I reenlist. I sewed on 1 Sept. I'm pretty livid about it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA* FB page 'liked'.

Can't make the course. MSgt pay hasn't caught up yet.  That was going to pay for this. Some stupid office rule. Since my current enlistment is up on 15 Oct, they decided not to pay me until after I reenlist. I sewed on 1 Sept. I'm pretty livid about it.

Well that is absolute fucking bullshit!!! GOD I swear I hear or read stuff on here and it reminds me of the many reasons why I got out (other then the main reason)
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA* FB page 'liked'.

Well that is absolute fucking bullshit!!! GOD I swear I hear or read stuff on here and it reminds me of the many reasons why I got out (other then the main reason)

Backpay is going to be awesome come 1 Nov.  But I could sure use that money now. I'm reenlisting for 3 more years. That will put me at 24 years when I retire. Three more fast years and I'm out. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA* FB page 'liked'.

Backpay is going to be awesome come 1 Nov.  But I could sure use that money now. I'm reenlisting for 3 more years. That will put me at 24 years when I retire. Three more fast years and I'm out. Can't wait.

God bless ya! I was 5 and out and it took me a long time to even be proud of my service. I was very bitter and jaded by the end.

End thread highjack
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Defensive Carbine added for November 23 - it'll be agreat way to burn off all that turkey!

AAR from our last Defensive Carbine course, courtesy of MarkP: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/498268_AAR_Independence_Training_Defensive_Carbine_22_SEPT_2012.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Defensive Carbine added for November 23 - it'll be agreat way to burn off all that turkey!

AAR from our last Defensive Carbine course, courtesy of MarkP: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/498268_AAR_Independence_Training_Defensive_Carbine_22_SEPT_2012.html

Imma try hit this one up. I'm still saving for the predator clinic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Oops - double-tap. Sometimes I get so excited!
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Defensive Carbine added on October 28th @ Pima Pistol Club in Tucson, AZ
Women's Self-Defense added on November 18th in Prescott Valley, AZ
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Precision Rifle course added on Feb 2/3, 2013 in Florence! Don't miss out on this course!
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#25]
-Current courses updated
-Practical Shotgun added January 12, 2013
-AR-15 Armorer's Course added December 2/3, 2012

Special November Discount: Thank You Veterans! All Veterans, past and present, will receive a 15% discount for any courses SCHEDULED (not necessarily completed) in November (course tuition must be paid in full by November 30th). All other students will receive a 10% discount with the same conditions.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#26]
NM answered my own question.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Signed up for Defensive Carbine.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#28]
-Changed Practical Shotgun to Jan 19th
-Updated course pictures with new ones from new website
-Removed completed courses
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#29]
-Added IFAK Life Saver course on Dec 29th in Mesa, AZ. If you're interested in trauma medical training, this is the class for you. Strictly the facts and real-world techniques, with lots of hands-on training, taught by our medic who is second to none.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#30]
When will the next Basic Pistol/AZ CCW class be held in Flagstaff?  Hopefully Jan/Feb/Mar timeframe?

Link Posted: 12/8/2012 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When will the next Basic Pistol/AZ CCW class be held in Flagstaff?  Hopefully Jan/Feb/Mar timeframe?

Would like to know also. Gf needs her CCW.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 3:11:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would like to know also. Gf needs her CCW.

More than likely it will be Feb/March. We will be scheduling additional courses over the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye on this thread.

Link Posted: 12/8/2012 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Let me know more about the Dec IFAK course location, will have to shuffle somethings around but need this course and will try to make it happen
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#34]
-Updated course list
-Added Basic Handgun - Feb 9 and Apr 6
-Added Defensive Handgun - Feb 10
-Added Advanced Handgun - Mar 9
-Added Defensive Carbine - Jan 20
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Any idea on when predator clinic will be held?
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Let me know more about the Dec IFAK course location, will have to shuffle somethings around but need this course and will try to make it happen

Will be held at the CAF Museum in Mesa, same place as the Survivalist Show. Our best medic is onboard for this one - you won't want to miss it.

Quoted:

Looks like Jan 25/26 will be the dates for the Coyote Clinic - that will be finalized in the next couple of days.

Link Posted: 12/12/2012 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will be held at the CAF Museum in Mesa, same place as the Survivalist Show. Our best medic is onboard for this one - you won't want to miss it.

Quoted:

Looks like Jan 25/26 will be the dates for the Coyote Clinic - that will be finalized in the next couple of days.

Sweet! I am super stoked! You help us on learning how to properly use calls right?
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I will try to take the defensive handgun 2/10/12.

If you don't buy the IFAK for the 12/29/12 course do you need to bring anything? Not sure if I can make it, but if I can I probably won't get the kit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sweet! I am super stoked! You help us on learning how to properly use calls right?

Yes, that is covered quite thoroughly.

Quoted:
I will try to take the defensive handgun 2/10/12.

If you don't buy the IFAK for the 12/29/12 course do you need to bring anything? Not sure if I can make it, but if I can I probably won't get the kit.

You do not bring to bring anything for the course - all training materials will be provided and then some.

Link Posted: 12/12/2012 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You do not bring to bring anything for the course - all training materials will be provided and then some.

Other than an open mind and a desire to learn
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am trying to save enough for this course. idk if I have the open enough mind. Are perverted minds allowed?
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Jared...have you not seen the bag of D?
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, we cannot provide that, though we do try to cultivate it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2012 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#44]
definitely going to take your long range class glen and since i now officially cant make the tom givens class i think i will probably end up taking your defensive and advanced handgun since i could use some reftreshers
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Jared...have you not seen the bag of D?

Oh Jason, I wasn't only talking about me
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#46]
For those of you on the fence about signing up for the upcoming 12/29 IFAK training that Glen is bringing to us here in Mesa --- consider this:    I initiated the training with Glen for myself, the wife, daughter and her fiancee', not too mention several co-workers and their wives are on-board as well.    One thing to keep in mind --- just because you took the training and can apply the knowledge to save someone else, doesn't mean that yourself won't need it one day.

I prefer to have as many as possible in my inner circle know as many field medical procedures as possible.  Glen convinced us that the IFAK training would be the premium way to start our education, and will certainly motivate us to go on to other training like basic First Aid (which some have and others not), and then Glen's trauma training.     Not trying to sell Glen, but for those of you that have not considered it, see if the "Mrs." would like to come out and join the other ladies that are taking the class.

Now ---- on to selling Glen --- he says he's bringing out the big guns to train those of us signed up for this class.   I think we all know that Glen offer some serious and vital training -- probably the best in AZ.   Put this on the calendar and join us at the CAF Museum.  Will be a good time and a valuable education.

Lance
Arizona Survivalist/Prepper EXPO's
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#47]
How much is the Coyote Clinic run? I
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's worth every penny.  I have actually been able to kill a few coyotes in places Ihad been getting skunked since taking that course last summer.   Was doing it all wrong.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#49]
-Added Copper Star Indoor Shooting Range courses
*Dec 27/28 - Basic Handgun/AZ CCW
*Jan 5 - IFAK Life Saver
*Jan 5 - Defensive Handgun, Part 1 - Women Only!
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey Rizz, random question. I want to get the wife in a handgun class, but she caught the preggers (4 1/2 months or so now). Am I gonna have to wait till after the kiddo comes to get her into a class? I was talking to her about it last night and she said she'd rather do the class pregnant than in the summer. I told her I wasn't sure how feasible that would be.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top