Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2011 5:32:03 PM EDT
Rio Salado Sportsman's Club will be running an “Introduction To 3-Gun" clinic that is aimed at folks who would like to try the sport of 3-gun but are unsure where to start and what to expect. Duration will be 4 hours; 2 hours in the classroom followed by 2 hours on the range running and shooting a typical 3-gun stage.

WHEN: Saturday November 19th 2011, 12noon-4pm

WHERE: Rio Salado Sportsman's Club Activity Center

AGENDA:
- Overview of 3-gun competition
- Safety and conduct
- Rules and equipment divisions
- What to expect at your first match
- Making the most of your existing equipment
- Tips for approaching a 3-gun stage
- Strategies for improving your score
- How to be an RO when it's your turn

The clinic will be run by experienced 3-gunners who are also NROI-certified range officers. Participants should bring whatever equipment they already own, but we suggest NOT buying any new equipment until after the clinic; we will have loaner equipment available for those that need it.

Slots are limited and pre-registration is required - be sure to register early to secure your place. To get more information and to receive an application form, email [email protected] with “3-gun clinic” in the subject line.

If you have any questions about the clinic, please post them in this thread. We look forward to seeing you there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Please offer this course again on a Sunday if you can, I can't make it any other day. Looks like fun!
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Please offer this course again on a Sunday if you can, I can't make it any other day. Looks like fun!

Depending on how things go, we may run a Sunday later on. Our monthly match is on a Saturday, so this made more sense to us for the first time around.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool! Email sent for info and application.
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Email sent!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE: We have received a lot of inquiries already. We are capping this clinic at 20 participants, so be sure to get your applications in ASAP. I look forward to seeing you there
Link Posted: 10/15/2011 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably too late, request for 4 spaces sent.

If we miss this one, we'll definitely be watching for the next one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, please get your application forms and checks to us as soon as possible - don't let the envelope sit on your kitchen table too long. We have had a lot of requests for application forms, but so far not many hard commitments. We are not going to run this course for only a handful of people, so if you want to come you need to get your applications in right now.

Quoted:
Probably too late, request for 4 spaces sent.

If we miss this one, we'll definitely be watching for the next one.

Get your application in now. Do not bank on there being another one of these classes - it may not happen for years if at all. Everything depends on how much participation we get this time around.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Sent my check in a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sent my check in a couple days ago.

Great, thanks. We'll email confirmations to folks who's applications we receive.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I know that mine and a buddies was sent Friday!
Link Posted: 10/24/2011 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
UPDATE: The clinic is half-full already, and emails have gone out to all enrolled applicants. If you are thinking of coming, try to get your applications in ASAP
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks to everyone who took the time to attend today's clinic (we had 22 attendees). I hope folks found the course useful in preparing them for their first 3-gun match, and that they had a fun time.

A huge THANK YOU goes to Dale and Jay for helping with crowd control, and to Kelly Neal for donating his afternoon to help a bunch of newbies get up to speed fast.

Special thanks go out to LaRue Tactical who sent us a 25lb box of swag to give to the attendees, including Beverage Entry Tools and bottles of Dillo Dust:

Below are the results from the practical exercise - congratulations to Michael M who shot the stage in the fastest time.

We look forward to seeing everyone at a future Rio Salado 3-gun ("rifle/shotgun") match  
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks to all who helped put this class together.  It was definitely a learning experience.  You could see everyone's confidence in running the stage going up as each person made their run.

As for me, I learned that a new boresighted red dot won't do you much good at 100 and trying to walk in rounds on the clock sucks.  But I did make my goal of not coming in last.

I saw tons of cameras out there, let's get some more pics up!
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have really liked to have attended but I had to go out of town this weekend. Hopefully Rio Salado will put on another one soon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would have really liked to have attended but I had to go out of town this weekend. Hopefully Rio Salado will put on another one soon.

If you want to try 3-gun, don't wait for a formal class (which may not be repeated for quite a while). Come to our monthly match, where we provide a shorter version of the class for new shooters each month just before the match. Our next 3-gun match is on December 10th. If you want to know about the equipment requirements, check out the rules. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions before your first match.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks to all who helped put this class together.  It was definitely a learning experience.  You could see everyone's confidence in running the stage going up as each person made their run.

As for me, I learned that a new boresighted red dot won't do you much good at 100 and trying to walk in rounds on the clock sucks.  But I did make my goal of not coming in last.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2882/32083226562280896751375.jpg

I saw tons of cameras out there, let's get some more pics up!

That fucker was LOUD!!! Had a great time. Ill post some when I get time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
It was a great experience!

Thank you to all you guys that put this on! Bravo and well done.

Randy F
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#18]
While I got super ADHD (which I have) in the classroom I still greatly enjoyed the classroom session.  I also really enjoyed the practical stage where we got to see what a stage would be like.

I had a great experience and the instructors were a great group of guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top