Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 10:36:53 AM EDT
I thought it would be helpful to have a thread with different training classes/matches from around the state.

This can be anything from competitions to carbine classes to CCW classes.

It seems like individual threads get lost quickly, so let's try to keep everything in one place, so it's easy to keep current.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for interest
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't hold a lot of regularly scheduled courses - the bulk of my work is private individual and group instruction, and I also work with other training organizations.

If anyone wants personalized instruction that is not just about processing students, but about creating confident, self-reliant citizens, then you should look into what I offer. I can work around your schedule, travel to your location, and depending on the course size you may even get your training for free.

Independence Training - handgun, carbine, emergency prep, medical, youth education, women's self-defense, and employee engagement programs.

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano.” - Col. Cooper

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
gatorfarmtactical.com

We do Military/LEO classes, are ILEETA members, Sponsor Massad Ayoob, Marty Hayes, Kathy Jackson, and others.  We have a close relationship with the firearms Academy of Seattle and help sponsor the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.  Next year we are scheduled to travel t several border town cities and give the 2 day calss we hold at Ft. Huachuca to them.  We are entering a relationship with Erwin Ballarta a retired Texas Ranger for CQB training..
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Great, keep em coming.

Anything scheduled for February?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Most months we run these matches at Rio Salado:

Multigun/3-Gun Match
A multigun match will be held on the second Saturday each month (7am summer start or 8am winter start). New shooters should come in time to attend the New Shooter Orientation (7:30am summer, 8:30am winter) before they shoot for the first time. We run this match under these IMA rules. Check out this video from a recent match. Our regular match format is 1 long-range rifle stage (typically reactive targets at 100-350 yards) and 3 short-range rifle/shotgun stages. We usually try to include a small amount of pistol too so folks can practice their transitions, but this is always optional. Bring 150 rounds of rifle ammo, 50 birdshot and a few boxes of shotgun slugs.

Tactical .22 Rifle Match
A "tactical" .22 rifle/carbine match will be held on two Tuesdays each month, starting at 5:30pm. Location is the Smallbore Range right behind the Activity Center. The rules are simple: its a straight time match with penalties for misses. Pretty much any .22 rifle is OK - the most popular guns are AR15 clones and Ruger 10/22s. We have two divisions: iron sight and optical sight. Our typical match format is two stages shot twice each: two runs on a "long range" stage out to 100yards, and two runs on a short-range hoser stage. Check out this video of a recent match. This match is more fun than a barrel of monkeys... bring a bulk pack of cheap ammo and you will leave with a smile a mile wide.

SubGun and Pistol Caliber Carbine Match
A subgun & pistol caliber carbine match will be held on the second Thursday evening each month (5pm start), and on the fifth Saturday each month (8am start). We run these match under these rules. You may shoot the match with any submachine gun or semi-auto pistol-caliber carbine, although .22 rimfire is not recommended due to the large amount of knock-down steel we use. Our typical match format is three or four run-n-gun stages with targets ranging from 1 to 50 yards away, and 200 rounds of ammo should suffice. Check out the many photos and videos on our division website. This is a great opportunity to run those pistol-caliber semi-auto carbines you have gathering dust in your gun safe.

Be sure to check the Rio Salado calendar to confirm match date and timing. If you have any questions, shoot me an IM or EM.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Kathy Jackson from the Firearms Academy of Seattle andthe Outdoor Channel's Best Defense show when Marty Hayes has her on.
She is coming to Sierra Vista Fe. 19-20 for a woman's only class limited to 12 folks.  We have 8 paid signed up now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#7]
[Tacked]
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
tagged
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]
My training organization (listed above) is also part of Consolidated Arizona Training (C.A.T.), which is a collection of multiple organizations and instructors from Arizona. C.A.T. was created specifically to offer high-quality, affordable training to rural communities. For the past year our focus has been on citizens in and around Willcox, which was brought on mostly at the request of friends of Rob Krentz, who was killed on the border early last year. We are looking to expand into other communities, whether along the border or in other parts of the rural southwest. If you're interested in putting together a course, please visit the link above or contact me through ARFCOM.

We currently offer training in Handgun, Carbine, Shotgun, Self-Defense, Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Medical, Wilderness Survival, and Youth Safety.

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
LMS Defense Pistol 1, May 28-29, Surprise PD Range

http://www.lmsdefense.com/course-details/?id=1&cname=Pistol+1

The LMS Defense Pistol I course will teach weapon manipulation, marksmanship fundamentals, combat stress management, movement, use of cover, fighting from unusual positions, ground gun fighting, concealed weapon tactics and continuing self training tools. This fast paced, challenging course will better enable you to use the handgun as an effective part of your defense system.

Duration: 2 days

Prerequisites: None

Equipment Needed:

* Handgun and 3 magazines
   * 700 rounds of pistol ammunition
   * Holster and magazine pouches
   * Cover garment if you regularly carry your weapon concealed
   * Pen and notebook
   * Hat or other head covering
   * Knee and elbow pads
   * Eye and ear protection
   * Sunscreen or raingear (as applicable)
   * Adequate personal water supply
   * Sack lunch and snack food (We do not leave the range for lunch)
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]
SCAR Training Group (www.scar-training.us) will be hosting a Handgun 1 class June 18-19th.  Check them out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SCAR Training Group (www.scar-training.us) will be hosting a Handgun 1 class June 18-19th.  Check them out.

Ill be there with 10 of my ARMY buddies.
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#13]
We don't do a lot of open enrollment courses, but we're gonna have a few next month:

June 10/11/12 - IFAK Life-Saver / Defensive Carbine / Practical Shotgun - Dewey
June 16 - IFAK Life-Saver (same course we're teaching the LEOs) - Prescott Valley
June 18 - Basic Handgun/AZ CCW - Prescott Valley

Independence Training
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Our 2010 class was so successful that Derby Guns and Phoenix Rod & Gun are pleased to announce Massad Ayoob is bringing his MAG40 training course to Phoenix, AZ again along with his advanced MAG80 training course in 2011. These will be held at the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, 915 West Olney Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85041.

The dates are as follows:

November 7-11, 2011 MAG40

November 14-18, 2011 MAG80 (pre-requisite MAG40)

For more information or to register go to: http://www.derbyguns.com/Massad_Ayoob_Group_Class.php

We look forward to seeing you there!!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Defensive Carbine
http://independencetraining.com/Courses.php#Defensive_Carbine

This course will vary a little from our normal Defensive Carbine course as it will include some elements of our IFAK Life-Saver and Trauma First-Aid courses.

July 1st - Dewey, AZ - 8am - 5:30pm
$150
(you can register with a 50% deposit)

What a great way to celebrate Fourth of July weekend!
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I am anNRA certified instructor in basic Pistol andSelf-defense around the home, which encompasses AZ CCW classes.  I charge $75.00 forthe class.  I hold the classroom portion at the Casa /grande Airport, depending on the size, and the shooting portion at the CG Mountain Range.  Anybody out there interested, let me klnow and w can set something up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Practical Shotgun
http://independencetraining.com/Courses.php#Practical_Shotgun

July 2nd - Dewey, AZ - 8am - 5:30pm
$150
(you can register with a 50% deposit)

What a great way to celebrate Fourth of July weekend! Especially paired with our Defensive Carbine course the day before - and if you enroll for both courses, you'll save $25!
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#18]
More courses scheduled for Willcox, AZ and the border areas. July 27th - July 30th: Basic Handgun, Women's Self-Defense, Defensive Carbine, Defensive Handgun.

IM or email me if you're interested in more details.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
CPR/CCR and Outdoor Survival / Emergency Med course next weekend, Aug. 20th in Gilbert, starting at 8am. IM me for more info. Cost is $5 at the door.

Trauma First-Aid on Sept 10th in Duncan, AZ. Taught by our PJ medic, who is a real kick-in-the-ass.

And lots of Private Courses scheduled, as usual. You want a Private Course? Well then IM or call me!  520-831-3683
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Open enrollment Practical Shotgun course on Sept 24th in Dewey, AZ - escape the Valley heat!

$150 - 8a-5:30p - Full Course Description Here
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#21]
LMS Defense is excited to announce that we will be holding our 1 day Defensive Medicine Course in Tucson, AZ on October 22, 2011.

The Defensive Medicine course will teach you to effectively manage life threatening injuries resulting from a traumatic event until professional emergency medical services arrive. Topics of instruction include bleeding control, airway management, shock and brain injuries and other medical issues likely to arise in the aftermath of a life threatening attack or other critical incident. Do you dedicate as much time to training for the treating of wounds as you do to the inflicting of them? The life you save will probably be your own or that of a family member.

Cost for this course is $200.

http://www.lmsdefense.com/course-details/?id=8&cname=Defensive+Medicine
Link Posted: 10/19/2011 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#22]
NRA Pistol Instructor class in the Surprise/Peoria/Sun City area...January 14/15, 2012.  Includes BIT + Pistol.

Space is very limited, so if interested contact via email:  [email protected]  for more information/logistics/cost etc.

Paul Horvick
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Dec 28, 2011 - Basic Handgun / AZ CCW course - Willcox, AZ
Dec 29, 2011 - Practical Shotgun - Willcox, AZ

The thread with the info

Jan 28 - Basic Handgun / AZ CCW course - Prescott Valley, AZ

The thread with the info

We also have 1 opening for a private, customized 3-day training from Feb 24-26.

The thread with the info

CLOSED
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Defensive Carbine - March 17th - Cherry, AZ - $150

Info Thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/474028_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Defensive Handgun - March 10th
Low-Light / No-Light Handgun - March 31st

Info Thread is HERE
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#26]
NRA Pistol Instructor class...Feb 11-12, northwest Phoenix area.

email for more info on logistics, cost, requirements etc....

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Tactical Carbine Defense (benefit) match
Sunday, March 18, 2012
At Phoenix Rod and Gun Club.

http://www.phoenixrodandgun.org/Divisions/Practical/Practical.html
scroll down to tactical carbine defense for details.

Sign in 2pm
Shooters Meeting at 3pm

All proceeds from this match will go to an injured 1/158IF soldier from B.Co.

You will need ~120 rds of rifle ammunition and 25 pistol rounds (optional).
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Flagstaff Practical Shooters will be hosting USPSA matches starting (hopefully) in late April to May.
PM me for more info.
Planning matches for SUNDAYS at the Winona Pit off I40 east of Flagstaff.
I'm RO (and will have to be MD), and will bring targets/props/steels/tables. It will be a lot of stuff to haul. so I'm looking for help.
I still need USPSA members to join the club in order to get affiliated.

Lets do this and get sanctioned matches in Flagstaff!

Robert Hamilton
Flagstaff Practical Shooters
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#29]
ShootersRealm Training Event - June 30 / July 1 - thread is here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#30]
has anyone taken a class at this place

Marauders
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Black Wolf Defense.
Buckeye, AZ.

AZ CCW classes $30
Defensive Handgun $60

Contact Info:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (623) 694-0377
Web: www.blackwolfccw.com

Call or email us at anytime.

John Hansen
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#32]
NRA Pistol Instructor class, October 27-28, Sun City West.  This is the BIT + Pistol session.

email paul (at) shootingsafely.com for details etc.

Paul Horvick
NRA Training Counselor
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Pro-Active Training Institute, which primarily conducts LE training, was asked by a group of civilians to conduct a 2-day carbine class on October 20-21 at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in north Phoenix. The private group is allowing the class to be open for others to attend. The cost is $300. Here is the link for the information... http://www.pro-activetraining.us/event_calendar

NOTE: Attendees must have a valid conceal weapon permit to attend. The is requested for two reasons... 1) to ensure all attending students have received formal training in the laws related to the use of deadly force, and 2) to ensure all attending students have had a background check.

The lead instructor for the class is a Sergeant with an Arizona law enforcement agency, and supervisor of the dept's Rifle Training Squad. The instructor has conducted instructor development training for other rifle instructors nationally, and has received carbine training from many of the top "Tier 1 Operator" trainers in the nation.

For more information, or to register for the class, go to www.pro-activetraining.us

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Who has what going in 2013? I need to get some handgun stuff in, and hopefully some rifle stuff as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 12:38:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Anything coming up?
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anything coming up?

Independence Training Current Course Listing
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#37]
The Copper Basin Sportsmens Club and The Well Armed Woman Copper Basin Arizona Chapter are excited to welcome back Independence Training for a fun and exciting weekend of training. Hope to see some of you there.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n523/guardyan_angyl/ITFlyer_zpsf3dc705f.jpg
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Copper Basin Sportsmens Club and The Well Armed Woman Copper Basin Arizona Chapter are excited to welcome back Independence Training for a fun and exciting weekend of training. Hope to see some of you there.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n523/guardyan_angyl/ITFlyer_zpsf3dc705f.jpg
View Quote

We look forward to coming back to the area.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#39]
... too many AZHTF pinned posts
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#40]
CANCELLED!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#41]

INTRODUCTION TO MULTIGUN COMPETITION
November 29, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
INSTRUCTOR: Russell Phagan

If you’ve wanted to get into competition shooting, or you’re a beginner to intermediate level competition shooter, this clinic is designed to get you ready to compete in action shooting competitions and help you improve your skills.

This class is limited to 10 students to maximize one on one instruction and repetitions through the drills.

Topics Covered:

Basic Gun Safety and Competition Safety Rules and Procedures
   Moving safely with firearms on a course of fire
   Balancing speed and accuracy
   Shooting on reduced target areas/Dealing with No Shoots
   Working with barricades and other shooting props
   Engaging specific target systems like Texas Stars, Autopoppers, Double Spinner
   Competition Transitions; grounding guns

Register Online Here:
http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/141129-intro-multigun-competition-phoenix-az.aspx#.VE__UGeoC1s

MULTIGUN COMPETITION SKILLS
November 30, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
INSTRUCTOR: Russell Phagan

This course is intended as the next level to Intro to Multigun Competition Skills or for the intermediate level multi-gun competitor wanting to improve their abilities on harder match challenges.

This class is limited to 10 students to maximize one on one instruction and repetitions through the drills.

Topics Covered:

Rifle Competition Shooting out to 200 yards
   Improvised rifle shooting positions and working with props for stability
   Slug Targets and transitioning from shot to slug in shotgun
   Cross shoulder transitions with long guns.
   Shooting on the move
   getting into and out of shooting positions
   Stage planning

http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/141130-multigun-competition-skills-phoenix-az.aspx#.VE__vmeoC1s

Check out the competition section on my blog if you want to get an idea of the skills you can learn: http://sinistralrifleman.com/category/competitions/

email me at [email protected] with any questions.

Testimonials from my class back in May:

"A coworker & I took this on Saturday.
Instructor Russell brought years of multi-gun experience and condensed it into the basics.
For the novice shooter new to the gun games, this class covered everything he should know before shooting their first match.

There was a wide range of skill levels present and all took something away from the day.

I think the highlight for most would be learning how to shoot the Texas star and plate rack.
Believe it or not there is a method to the madness as we all learned.

We experimented on different types of barricades with the rifles. Shot for speed/points with hg & carbine.
Worked forward & lateral movement.

If you are contemplating dipping your muzzle in the multi-gun competition pool but were hesitant, take this class first.
You will be glad you did."---Mark P Phoenix, AZ

"Had a great time at the class I took from Russell. A great instructor, who teaches in a no-nonsense style and transmits a lot of information in a short amount of time. I highly recommend this class no matter what your skill level is."---Steve M Tucson, AZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top