Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/28/2017 8:35:25 PM EDT
Thanks for any leads Brothers!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the discharge zone map if you want to live in the city.

http://www.cityofpataskalaohio.gov/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Discharge-Map-2016.pdf

Personally I'd try to stay out of Pataskala unless you work there, since they do not have full reciprocity with RITA communities. Plus the police department seems foolish.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Good info sir, yes if we find something we can afford it will be outside the city, perhaps in licking Heights or Jersey?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I hear Licking Heights schools are crap, but I don't know what that really means, or if that even matters

Seems like they are always trying (but failing) to pass levies, but I guess that means the school taxes might be low. Not sure which districts do income taxes in addition to property taxes. I also could be recalling it wrong.

Licking County property taxes are generally lower than Franklin so that's a positive. I wouldn't count out Etna township, if that's not too far south.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm on contract on a place in Utica.  Johnstown, Pataskala are getting super expensive with acreage now.  Don't know where you work, but if you can do a little farther east/south you'll get a lot more bang for your buck.  Utica, east Newark, Baltimore, Thornville, Lancaster, etc.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a horse farm with a house for sale at Watkins and Palmer intersection, not sure on acreage but 40-60ish. Frontier Ranch just sold for 1.4m on 168 acres. There are several properties for sale on RT40 between Etna and Kirkersville.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey neighbor.
View Quote
You aren't moving, are you?  I'm like 87% sure I'm buying my place off of an Arfcommer.  Didn't see any model trains when I was there and didn't rifle through the freezer to check for crab meat, so no way to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Haha... No, we aren't selling, yet, but we will be in the market soon.

I am 5min south west of Utica though, been out here for 10yrs now, love the area.

When you get up here PM me, I'll meet you for a beer, or model training and crab meat, either one works for me.
View Quote
Lol, deal.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top