Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 6:33:00 PM EDT
My wife accepted a position at The Ohio state University.  Moved out of state 5 years ago, never thought I'd be a buckeye again.  This is a welcome move, it'll be nice to be closer to family.  

All that said, any drastic changes in gun laws in the last 5 years?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
the only real big change in the CCW laws is that you can carry where alcohol is served now if its not posted a no go.. but you cant drink..

Welcome home
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Ohio’s Attorney General CHL packet

With a CHL you no longer need a Nics backgroud check to buy a firearm, 4473 still required.

Link above is a good read if you are interested in a Ohio CHL though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone can post the ORC for me, but another nice thing is you can have loaded mags in your trunk and a firearm and it is not considered loaded.  We can load up at home and go straight to the range.

Thanks,

Douglas
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad you are coming back and are excited about it.

My daughter and son in law and their kids are coming back in a week after being gone for over 5 years in Milwaukee and then in Ann Arbor. They are moving to Columbus, so you must be going there too?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone can post the ORC for me, but another nice thing is you can have loaded mags in your trunk and a firearm and it is not considered loaded.  We can load up at home and go straight to the range.

Thanks,

Douglas
View Quote
Once against I spend too much time reading the ORC

ORC 2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.ORC 2923.16

(L) Divisions (K)(5)(a) and (b) of this section do not affect the authority of a person who is carrying a valid concealed handgun license to have one or more magazines or speed loaders containing ammunition anywhere in a vehicle, without being transported as described in those divisions, as long as no ammunition is in a firearm, other than a handgun, in the vehicle other than as permitted under any other provision of this chapter. A person who is carrying a valid concealed handgun license may have one or more magazines or speed loaders containing ammunition anywhere in a vehicle without further restriction, as long as no ammunition is in a firearm, other than a handgun, in the vehicle other than as permitted under any provision of this
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

All magazine capacity restrictions are gone also.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

All magazine capacity restrictions are gone also.
View Quote
True story...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Glad you are coming back and are excited about it.

My daughter and son in law and their kids are coming back in a week after being gone for over 5 years in Milwaukee and then in Ann Arbor. They are moving to Columbus, so you must be going there too?
View Quote
Yeah, we are moving to Columbus.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]
We're contemplating coming back as well... It's been 12 years for us between Minneapolis, Northern Germany and Northern Virginia.  Father-in-law is in bad shape and it looks like the wife is going to have to take care of him.

Probably heading to the east side.  Any good outdoor ranges these days?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The last place I lived in Ohio was Centerburg, commuting on into Columbus. So much nicer than living off North High lol

I only ever shot at LEPD (indoor) with a less than favorable experience.
I could shoot out the back in Centerburg

Best of luck OP
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We're contemplating coming back as well... It's been 12 years for us between Minneapolis, Northern Germany and Northern Virginia.  Father-in-law is in bad shape and it looks like the wife is going to have to take care of him.

Probably heading to the east side.  Any good outdoor ranges these days?
View Quote
Indoor: Bullet Ranch, Pataskala

Outdoor: Thunder Valley, Kimbolton
             Briar Rabbit, Zanesville
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Indoor: Bullet Ranch, Pataskala

Outdoor: Thunder Valley, Kimbolton
             Briar Rabbit, Zanesville
View Quote
Cool, thanks.  Wow, memberships are super cheap!

Outdoor aren't as close as I would have hoped, but aren't too bad for a few trips a year.  It's funny, where I'm at now there are tons of outdoor ranges close by but no indoor ranges for a good 40+ miles - looks like it will be the opposite.  LOL
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top