Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/22/2017 11:21:55 AM EDT
Damnable things seem to be everywhere here in Portage, Geauga, and Summit Counties! Got 'em on me, the dogs, cats, and horses. In the grass, in the fields, even dropping on me from tree limbs I go under!

ID Disease-Carrying Ticks in Ohio

If you get bit and start to see a red "Bulls-eye" develop on your skin--get to Dr. or ER PRONTO! This is a Bulls-eye you NEVER want!

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I know they are bad this year!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in a small city and theyre even in my yard. Must have perfect climate to thrive. Or winter wasn't harsh enough to kill them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a natural liquid you can take so that you do not get Lymes.  

I cannot recall what it is called right now, but if you are interested, I can find out. My brother got exposed to it and took it and did not get it bad?

Oh, yeah it is called Lapacho.  You can find it http://www.heavenandherbs.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=LAPacho&search_in_description=1   here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
LaPacho, eh? I think it's a TEA.Thanks, 02TBird!

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
There are some others on the link to the website I gave you. I think you can get that in a capsule as well.
Think my brother took the capsule.

I knew 2 guys who got tick bites a while back and had to travel 50 miles each way for treatment and they suffered with joint pain.

My brother got rid of it in a hurry.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Lyme disease never goes away. It's like the herp.

Once you get you have it for life
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lyme disease never goes away. It's like the herp.

Once you get you have it for life
View Quote
You mean there are no prescription drugs to rid you of it?

When he caught it, it was just in the early stages. He now has no signs of having it anymore.

He did  not take prescription drugs, which only treat symptoms of Lymes.

Is that not what herpes drugs do....treat the symptoms? Right.

If you want to treat symptoms, go to an M.D. have him write a prescription and treat your symptoms for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I've pulled 4 of them off the kids in the past two weeks.  Thankfully none attached.

Bought a pellet spreadable bug killer and hit the yard and trails behind the house.  I'll do it again in another week or two.

I have never seen ticks this bad.  They are everywhere this year!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife who is totally freaked out by ticks comes to me the other day...

"Babe I got this mole or skin tag I just noticed on my back...it wasn't there a few days ago"

Me:  "thats the first mole I ever saw with legs"

She was all freaked out...but it came out easy and no weird red marks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#11]
do you guys get chiggers?  I get them down at my place, its not fun
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:10:42 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys with tick problems, I strongly suggest you all go out and pick up some of this:

A 1 lb pail is enough to make 25 gallons of high strength mixture and heavily coat 1 acre. You can spray the foundation of your house too. Should be around $60 for a pail.

This stuff will nuke just about every bug flying or crawling that comes in contact with it including ticks, ants, water bugs, wasps, and wolf spiders. I've always had a problem with wolf spiders around my place and this stuff slaughters them wholesale. Before I started using it, during the first cold snap of the year, the inside of my house would look like the scene from Starship Troopers where the base was getting overrun by bugs with wolf spiders sneaking in all over! Haven't had a tick problem since spraying it either. Can't remember the last time I've even seen one...

I like to put it down twice a year, early in the spring when the bugs start hatching and around the start of July when they're established,  when the weather forecast calls for a week or so of dry weather so it sticks around and as many bugs as possible come in contact with it. 3 days of dry weather for it to do a good job would be a good minimum.

I treated my roughly 1 acre yard this past Sunday and there are nearly no flying insects around now. This is very noticeable at night. Thankfully rain has held off since we got about 4" here locally last week so it's really had a chance to work.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You guys with tick problems, I strongly suggest you all go out and pick up some of this:

http://i.imgur.com/qYXNp5Q.jpg

A 1 lb pail is enough to make 25 gallons of high strength mixture and heavily coat 1 acre. You can spray the foundation of your house too. Should be around $60 for a pail.

This stuff will nuke just about every bug flying or crawling that comes in contact with it including ticks, ants, water bugs, wasps, and wolf spiders. I've always had a problem with wolf spiders around my place and this stuff slaughters them wholesale. Before I started using it, during the first cold snap of the year, the inside of my house would look like the scene from Starship Troopers where the base was getting overrun by bugs with wolf spiders sneaking in all over! Haven't had a tick problem since spraying it either. Can't remember the last time I've even seen one...

I like to put it down twice a year, early in the spring when the bugs start hatching and around the start of July when they're established,  when the weather forecast calls for a week or so of dry weather so it sticks around and as many bugs as possible come in contact with it. 3 days of dry weather for it to do a good job would be a good minimum.

I treated my roughly 1 acre yard this past Sunday and there are nearly no flying insects around now. This is very noticeable at night. Thankfully rain has held off since we got about 4" here locally last week so it's really had a chance to work.
View Quote
Interesting. Where do you buy it?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:53:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've gotten my last two from U-Spray Bugspray via Amazon 3rd party. Best price I'd found on it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've gotten my last two from U-Spray Bugspray via Amazon 3rd party. Best price I'd found on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Sawyer® Duranon Permethrin Insect Repellent
Walmart carries it about $10.00.
Did all out door clothing this year with it!
Next year my buy large container 36%.
Will have to cut it down!
If you use it, watch their video on their home page!
Damn safe! In most cases! They say as good as 100% deep!
If you have not all ready google search it as well!!
And if anyone uses it and it does not work! Please let hive know!

PITA45
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#17]
So, I was not feeling good and I went to the Dr. He tells me I got bit by a mosquito with Babesia. I have Babesiosis, now.

Terrible fatigue, painful joint pain, sore throat, cough and sometimes feel sick to my stomach. He said it is like West Nile virus or Malaria.

Caused by a parasite that gets into your red blood cells and multiplies and ends up destroying the cell. It can be very serious.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#18]
THNX for the CYPER tip!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#19]
sorry to hear about that ailment, 02TBird. looks like newer antibiotic treatment is better than the "old" ABs...

Babesiosis

GET WELL SOON!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
THNX for the CYPER tip!!!
View Quote
No problem! Kills pretty good doesn't it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#21]
BNA,
I have not gone on prescribed antibiotics. I have been doing natural methods. I was doing pretty good. Then one natural Dr. I have said I have 3 times the normal amount of lead in my system.

He suggested Chelation therapy/ I did one of the treatments and it just about did me in. I felt horrible that night.

It really sapped my strength. Chelation not only takes the heavy metals out but also minerals and other nutrients. I was also suffering dehydration. I got some dehydration when I went to Gunsite Academy back in the end of MAY.

I feel a little better today and my son and a friend want to shoot in the morning. I promised to do that, but do not feel like it. According to the link you provided this should only last a few months. Worst case is that it ruins your organs.
My kidneys have been stressed but that could be by dehydration? Have been pouring water down to no avail.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:01:07 AM EDT
[#22]
If fortunate enough to be able to keep chickens in my neighborhood. I have a flock of 8 and they keep the yard free of ticks. No ticks this year on myself or the animals
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top