Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/14/2017 3:19:23 AM EDT
I'm making a family trip to Cincinnati in the next few weeks and planning on hitting the zoo. I'm curious if there are any metal detectors at the entrances?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Last time I was there was 2 years ago and they didn't have them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a posted no carry, but there are no metal detectors as of the last time I was there (a few months ago).
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
My family is there almost weekly. No metal detectors but is a posted no carry zone. Ymmv
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you all for the info, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I know the Cleveland one doesn't

Was just there this past weekend
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to thread jack, but what about the Columbus zoo?

I told the wife (huge critter lover) to figure out which one she wants to go to (cincy or columbus) and we will go in a few weeks. Also, any input over which zoo is better (regardless of personal security)?

The Internet says both are pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd choose cinci, but I'm slightly biased and Jack Hanna is an ass hat
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a posted no carry, but there are no metal detectors as of the last time I was there (a few months ago).
View Quote
The posting is a small sign on a kiosk as you pull into the parking lot... real easy to miss.
No metal detectors as of last week.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never seen a sign a either zoo.  You guys must have better eyesight than I do.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not to thread jack, but what about the Columbus zoo?

I told the wife (huge critter lover) to figure out which one she wants to go to (cincy or columbus) and we will go in a few weeks. Also, any input over which zoo is better (regardless of personal security)?

The Internet says both are pretty good.
View Quote
No metal detectors, and no noticed "no carry" signs last time I was there for Zoo Lights
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice. Are they going to give me shit for having a pocket knife (exposed clip), like seaworld did? Except at seaworld the guy failed to notice my poorly concealed (I don't bother to try any more) g19... whatever though, I walked back around, slipped knife in pocket and walked right through a different line, haha.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice. Are they going to give me shit for having a pocket knife (exposed clip), like seaworld did? Except at seaworld the guy failed to notice my poorly concealed (I don't bother to try any more) g19... whatever though, I walked back around, slipped knife in pocket and walked right through a different line, haha.
View Quote
They've never said a word to me. I've seen dozens of others also.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've never seen a sign a either zoo.  You guys must have better eyesight than I do.
View Quote
I don't see well anymore either...it must be age.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Wife unit decided on cincy. Probly this weekend. I'll let you guys know how it is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wife unit decided on cincy. Probly this weekend. I'll let you guys know how it is.
View Quote
its a great zoo. Rated one of the top 10 in the nation. Lots of money is constantly being put into it. You'll have a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#16]
No metal detectors. No obvious signs. No bag check (that I saw, we didn't have bags).

Smokers bring some chew, there's no where to smoke at all.

Good zoo. Better than philly but not as good as san diego.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top