Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/11/2017 10:01:53 PM EDT
My daughter, son in law and granddaughter are relocating to the Marysville/North Lewisburg area.  She has taken a position as a professor at Ohio State and my son in law has transferred within his existing company with a territory running west of Columbus along the I-70 corridor.

The have a nice house and a small acreage under contract on Route 245 between North Lewisburg and Marysville. The house is in nice shape but they want to make a few changes and will need a contractor/carpenter.

My wife is in a complete panic about having her only daughter and 5 year old granddaughter 7 hours away, so I may be looking at a weekend/future retirement home in the area.  I would probably purchase a lot in North Lewisburg with the idea of building a small house and a shed. I would need someone to do the foundation and the shell of the house. I would probably do the interior myself, minus the drywall.

I would love to find an Arfcomer or someone recommended by an Arfcomer to help us out.  I would also love to get any info I could on the general area, places to shoot, places to eat, cool things to see, etc.  My daughter says there's a gun shop in North Lewisburg but she hasn't had a chance to check it out yet.  They will be moving mid-July and my wife and I have been thinking about driving out this weekend or next to check out the area.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give me!
Bob
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
(Sorry I can't be of much help here) But visit Columbus, an amazing place to be and alot to do there, since it is pretty close.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't live that far east, but it's a nice area. I have a good buddy in Millersport that could be helpful if needed. He knows a lot of eastern and south eastern Columbus pretty well.

Best of luck to you all and keep us up on how everything is progressing!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That's in my general area.

Great area. Still mostly rural but you can be in Columbus if you want in a short drive.

There's a great BBQ spot off 245 in north lewisburg.

Hemisphere coffee in mechanicsburg is great

Der Dutchman in plain city has a great breakfast buffet

There's a ton of little towns all around that area. All are pretty nice. Great places to live and raise a family. Marysville is close and has all the retail you need for daily life, Columbus is close if you want a mall or speciality stores.

Unfortunately I can't recommend a contractor I have personally worked with.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's in my general area.

Great area. Still mostly rural but you can be in Columbus if you want in a short drive.

There's a great BBQ spot off 245 in north lewisburg.

Hemisphere coffee in mechanicsburg is great

Der Dutchman in plain city has a great breakfast buffet

There's a ton of little towns all around that area. All are pretty nice. Great places to live and raise a family. Marysville is close and has all the retail you need for daily life, Columbus is close if you want a mall or speciality stores.

Unfortunately I can't recommend a contractor I have personally worked with.
View Quote
Any public ranges in the area?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Any public ranges in the area?
View Quote
Logan Co Fish and Game is not to far north west. Not public but only like $35.00 yearly dues.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Logan Co Fish and Game is not to far north west. Not public but only like $35.00 yearly dues.
View Quote
Thanks! I'll look into it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Richwood is a very nice club not too far north of there.  It's more expensive, but has excellent facilities.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Richwood is a very nice club not too far north of there.  It's more expensive, but has excellent facilities.
View Quote
Thanks, I'll look into that one also.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
This is my AO, Logan County Fish and Game is probably the cheapest range in the state let alone the area, Blackwing in Delaware is the nicest.  LCFG has some clubs/events that shutdown the rifle range from time to time so you should check the website calendar before heading out there to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is my AO, Logan County Fish and Game is probably the cheapest range in the state let alone the area, Blackwing in Delaware is the nicest.  LCFG has some clubs/events that shutdown the rifle range from time to time so you should check the website calendar before heading out there to shoot.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]
The Heartland Ranch Gun Shop in North Lewisburg is worth a visit. His prices are high but the store is very, very nice. Get lunch across the street at Cardinals Pizza.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Heartland Ranch Gun Shop in North Lewisburg is worth a visit. His prices are high but the store is very, very nice. Get lunch across the street at Cardinals Pizza.
View Quote
Thanks.  Nice to have pizza and guns in a town of that size.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm just up the road from there and work in the East Liberty area. LCF&G is a nice range and they have a 300yd setup for long rifles also.
PM me if you have any questions. And Welcome!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Not too far south of you in the London area, a few others down here too.  I have a buddy (gun guy but not on ARFcom, too busy working) that builds mostly in the Plain City area.  I can put you 2 in contact with each other if you'd like, may be too far for him but it sounds like an easy project.  Last time I talked to him he was thinking about getting into 'tiny houses'.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not too far south of you in the London area, a few others down here too.  I have a buddy (gun guy but not on ARFcom, too busy working) that builds mostly in the Plain City area.  I can put you 2 in contact with each other if you'd like, may be too far for him but it sounds like an easy project.  Last time I talked to him he was thinking about getting into 'tiny houses'.
View Quote
Thanks, if we end up building instead of buying, I'll IM you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in Logan County but work in Springfield. Madriver Gun and Knife shop are good people if you ever need an FFL.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I used to frequent the area.  I saw a white truck with a bolt face logo on it several times on 161 south of North Lewisburg... always wondered who that was.

The gun shop in NL, Cardinal's, and Beth's BBQ (on the corner of 245 and 296) is excellent.

Watch your speed...  Mechanicsburg PD is pretty ticket happy, and are now covering North Lewisburg.
View Quote
We visited a couple of weeks ago. The gun shop and the BBQ were both excellent. The gun shop guy's wife also has a very nice antique shop in the same building.  There's a little drive up ice cream shop that was very good also.  Seems like a really nice little town.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top