Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2017 4:06:27 PM EDT
And from all accounts it was no more unsafe than any years past. Indiana is strikingly similar to Ohio in terrain and population density. It didn't negatively increase their harvest levels above what they were in the past. The myth that slug guns are somehow safer than rifles is dead just like the myths that CCW will cause crime to go up.

It's great that we have some more options for next year rather than the short list of rifle cartridges we were forced with originally. But can we finally just allow rifles already? The facts don't lie, slug only or even straight walled only is ineffective and arbitrary when it comes to increasing hunting safety. Hunting accidents are going to happen, but they will be caused by the same idiots regardless if they are carrying a 12ga, a 45-70 or a 308.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree.

However, for the right here, right now, having just moved here... it's a great reason for me to buy another gun!

I suppose if it changes, I don't have to tell the wife haha.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm extremely happy with my 45-70 for Ohio ranges. 150-200 yards is no problem with the  VX3 1.5-5.  Even close range is fine, as long as it's not in an all out run.

Getting it threaded this year for my Hybrid.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm extremely happy with my 45-70 for Ohio ranges. 150-200 yards is no problem with the  VX3 1.5-5.  Even close range is fine, as long as it's not in an all out run.

Getting it threaded this year for my Hybrid.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Very pleased with that set up. I doubt I could hunt for a 100 years and need anything different.

That said variety is the spice of life, and I have a severe disdain for arbitrary stupid laws. I kill deer with a different weapon almost every year.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I just want to use 300 Blackout subsonic...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Turkey hunter was just hit with game shot this past weekend in Wayne. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. I think eventually we will end up with bottleneck cartridges. Not after I've spent a few thousand more on guns though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/68059/IMG-0422-199677.JPG

Very pleased with that set up. I doubt I could hunt for a 100 years and need anything different.

That said variety is the spice of life, and I have a severe disdain for arbitrary stupid laws. I kill deer with a different weapon almost every year.
View Quote
Yeah I PM'd you I think last year on your rear-sight set up... I need to get mine replaced since it's the old style with the hood and my scope has to sit up  super high.

Best image of mine right now... The tube needs duracoated black and the rear sight changed out, at the same time threaded.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be ok with bottle neck cartridges.  But the last 3 deer I've killed with a rifle/muzzleloader were less than 20 yards from me.  I have never killed one past 115 yards, but I would sure like to try.

If I was king of Ohio I would just tell ODNR to set the deer hunting season dates and bag limits.  Let the people decide how to kill my deer.  
Then I would make my subjects pay a special "tax" $24 for permission to hunt my deer.  This would be required regardless of whether or not you actually killed one.   
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top