Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/22/2017 10:25:34 PM EDT
First time I've ever been there and I have to say, I'm impressed. We went down town and parked next to Bengals stadium and walked the river front park and came back up into the city and walked several streets. I was very impressed. We never felt one bit in danger. Maybe I was lucky, who knows. We expected it to be much like Atlanta but was wrong. We seen a couple bums with signs but that's it. Nice city you guys have there!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there an expectation in other cities that it will be nasty downtown in the popular areas and you will get mugged?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya, pretty much. Ever been to Philadelphia? San diego? La? Albuquerque?

Oceanside was probably the worst.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there an expectation in other cities that it will be nasty downtown in the popular areas and you will get mugged?
View Quote
Well......yes. For some reason I get the feeling you've never been downtown Atlanta or Memphis??? Constant druggies and shady ass people sizing you up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Never been to any of those places, other than LA. I've never been a place where it was the case. I imagine there are parts of town where it is rough, but I imagine the most visited parts of most cities are fairly safe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
As an out of towner, you're most likely to get into some trouble, because you don't know.

Especially if you're from out of state and have license plates to show for it.

I know if I wanted to rob people, I'd go to the place where all the tourists are. They probably have more money.

"Keeping always on the alert for anything within sight or hearing"
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Most areas in Cincinnati are good to go.  Even the 'Over the Rhine' area which 5-10 years ago was a certain no-go has been gentrified enough that you can visit all the new restaurants and brew houses
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
The area the cinci zoo is in is sort of scary.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most areas in Cincinnati are good to go.  Even the 'Over the Rhine' area which 5-10 years ago was a certain no-go has been gentrified enough that you can visit all the new restaurants and brew houses
View Quote
When I lived there about 20 years ago Over the Rhine was on the news every night for bad stuff.  Glad it's getting cleaned up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When I lived there about 20 years ago Over the Rhine was on the news every night for bad stuff.  Glad it's getting cleaned up.
View Quote
Not getting "cleaned up" just moved to a different location
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Native Cincinnatian here. Did you ride our shitty streetcar?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Native Cincinnatian here. Did you ride our shitty streetcar?
View Quote
We didn't. I did see the tracks and cables. Do they play the WKRP theme while you ride?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We didn't. I did see the tracks and cables. Do they play the WKRP theme while you ride?
View Quote
..as avid bill cunningham listeners know, ...the unofficial "streetcar" theme song:

Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#13]
The downtown 'Central Business District' is heavily patrolled by the local PD.... when you push out of the downtown area you get into the wilds.  Certain neighborhoods around the city are ugly... the area of the Zoo / University of Cincinnati is somewhat odd.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top