Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2017 8:00:38 PM EDT
Never heard of it before.

http://www.ashlandlakegunclub.org/index.html

It would be an easy 75 min drive for me, I could see going there for matches / events.

Anyone a member?  How do you like it there?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a member but I've been to a few IDPA matches and they were well run and the people seemed cool. The chili was pretty darn good too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap! This is 15 minutes away from me and had no clue it existed! Wow!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a member but I've been to a few IDPA matches and they were well run and the people seemed cool. The chili was pretty darn good too.
View Quote

And there's chili!  I'm in!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been shooting matches there for 12 years.  The only reason I haven't joined is it is almost an hour away and there are closer clubs to me.  

It is a really good club and they put on some great matches.  The Francis Marion is the best.

Francis Marion Shotgun Match 2012 - Swamp
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot the Ohio State IDPA match there a few years ago.

It was very well run. Seemed like a nice club as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Good club, I'm a member. Been a few years since I've done a match there though. Nice to go there on a day off work and have the place mostly to yourself
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm also a member and like it there very much. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM...
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been wanting to get out there to check out the Swamp Fox shotgun match for a couple years now.

It looks like there's a lot of cool stuff goin on out there.

I'm from the Pittsburgh area but wouldn't mind takin a ride out for a match or two a year.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#9]
there used to be some real douche's there the president was 1. a big time 3 gun guy who was there, when it
happened,  told me they gave Larry Vickers a "failure to do right" )what ever that is)
if its cleaned out of jerks, probably a good place. never been there but good people say its better now.
the best for lots of gun matches is greenport
3 gun
sniper
anything u want to shoot any  thursday u are a member.  ranges shoot house 300 yds steel
pistol steel  schools by well known trainers etc. callup and go free 1 thursday and see

cheers
1texan
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#10]
good place, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
good place, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
View Quote
Just under a grand to become a member.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Are the events open to the public?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are the events open to the public?
View Quote
Yes they are.  $5 non member fee on top of match fee.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top