Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/10/2017 9:13:29 AM EDT
I seem to recall some posts last year regarding precision rifle training in the forum. Im looking to find an intro course and would appreciate any information you guys could provide. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of the state and what are you looking to learn?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
http://adaptivedefenseconcepts.com/

Scoped Rifle Elements, May 20 and 21, in Gibsonburg, OH
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What part of the state and what are you looking to learn?
View Quote

I'm in NE Ohio. I'm new to the precision game and I'm looking to get some instruction on use of the mildot system and general marksmanship at extended ranges. I just found out about Thunder Valley, it is about 90 minutes away.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
There are some open range days at southington hunt club.   You can learn a lot of basics.  Rayner's is a little further from you than TVP but their matches are a great way to learn.  If you let people know you're new you'll get a lot of help.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. A guy I shoot 3 Gun with does a lot of stuff at Southington. My build should be done this week so hopefully I can get moving on some range time.

I'm not going to be able to shoot in the first 2 months of multi gun due to a torn adductor muscle so this will be the perfect time to get this accomplished.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
@OhioLongRange

He does classes in NEOH
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
i was teaching in wadworth, but will be moving classes to southington hunt club this summer

i shoot at all the big matches in ohio every year as well

Precision Rifle 1
Class Info PDF
http://goo.gl/jCo4w3
who is this class geared for?
someone who hasn't shot much past 100/200y and wants to stretch their legs some, someone that wants to get into the tactical precision rifle sport or someone who is new to the sport and wants to get better.
someone that wants to learn how to use their tools to achieve the best results they can, and pick up some helpful tips to get even better.

we shoot from 100- 800y at this location
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#8]
@OhioLongRange

These classes are what I remember seeing in the past. Looking forward to getting out there. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@OhioLongRange

These classes are what I remember seeing in the past. Looking forward to getting out there. Thanks!
View Quote
While you are waiting, peruse through the 'Sniper 101' series on youtube.  TiborasaurusRex has LOTS of information
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

While you are waiting, peruse through the 'Sniper 101' series on youtube.  TiborasaurusRex has LOTS of information
View Quote
Funny you should mention that,  I just started them on Friday!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top