Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/3/2017 9:45:26 AM EDT
April 29th, set up starts at 8am, sign up at 9am, safety briefing at 9:45am with match start at 10am.

$15 for main match, $5 per run on side matches (side matches may be shot without entering main match)

Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the main match, Cash payouts for side match winners.

Main match

2 identical courses of fire to be shot head to head set up as a double elimination tournament.

Equipment:

To keep everyone on a level playing field all equipment will be held to Tac optics / Tac Irons as defined in the 3 gun nation handbook.

Other equipment will be allowed... IE 45 acp's or 308's as long as they are deemed to offer no competitive advantage.

All firearms will be staged mag inserted / tube full on empty chamber.

Side matches

"Down and dirty" type Rifle, pistol and shotgun side matches will be available for anyone to participate in. Side matches will be scored separately and may be shot as many times as a shooter likes. participation in the main match is not necessary.  This will be a great opportunity to introduce someone to competitive shooting, or to play if you do not have all the equipment for the main match.

Equipment:

Same as main match

This will be a fun,  fast paced match designed to be enjoyable to all skill levels. Spectators are welcome, eyes and ears will be required.

Preregistration is appreciated, please email [email protected] to preregister or with any questions concerning the match.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing everyone in April!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Already have plans to be in Atlanta for the NRA Annual meeting
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What's "ECCL"?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's "ECCL"?
View Quote

Erie County Conservation League
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's "ECCL"?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, I'll have to see what Brian is up to. I might have to try and make it back up there for this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Awesome, I'll have to see what Brian is up to. I might have to try and make it back up there for this.
View Quote

Should be a fun event, already have a number of shooters signed up.

If I get a huge response I may look at upping the start time to 8:30 or 9 to make sure were not finishing the tourney with flashlights.  I'll make the decision a minimum of two weeks out to allow everyone time to adjust accordingly.

I'm also talking to a couple groups about having simple concessions (hotdogs, chips, etc), knowing it will more than likely be a long day.

more info to come closer to the event.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Might be interested in doing a few side matches as I only have basic gear for now (main drawback being a remington 870).

Anyone have recommendations for a belt/holster/etc for a 3 gun setup?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Might be interested in doing a few side matches as I only have basic gear for now (main drawback being a remington 870).

Anyone have recommendations for a belt/holster/etc for a 3 gun setup?
View Quote

For this match not having a belt set up wont be a big deal, all of your weapons will be staged and the course of fire short enough reloads shouldn't be necessary. (a rifle and pistol mag in your back pocket will work fine)

I would say come to the match and check out what everyone is using, before you buy anything. Every three gunner has a storage tote full of "gear" they purchased and didn't like. Doing a lot of window shopping and watching how the gear is utilized can save you serious coin.

By far the most popular set up is the Velcro inner and outer belt.. shooters connection is a good place to start shopping.

belts and stuff

If you'd like to shoot the main match I'm sure I can hook you up with a shotgun... maybe a couple to choose from.  If you ask at the match you'll probably have a dozen to choose from, most three gunners are more than happy to help out someone just getting into the sport.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds good...can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Excited guys, shot in this last year and had a lot of fun and learned even more.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#13]
small update....

I'll have 4 side matches... rifle, pistol, shotgun and a combo pistol / shotgun.

Have a good rifle zero at 50 yards for the main match and 100 yards for the side match.

Rounds counts will vary depending on how well you do in the main match ( 6 rifle knock over, 6 shotgun knock over and 6 pistol knock over per run if you go 1 for 1). keep in mind you may shoot the course 5 or 6 times depending how far you get in the tournament bracket.

Side match round counts will be similar with a mandatory reload for the rifle and pistol stations. Shotgun should be easily completed with 9 shells in your gun but reloads can be staged and the pistol/shotgun combo may require 2  pistol magazines to complete (plan on something fun for this one.... if you don't curse me a little I'm not doing my job as Match Director)
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#14]
where is eccl

not from here and only here on long business periods

can do anything on weekends
keep a complete set of weapons for about anything and plenty of ammo.
not  a drinker or a chaser and golf is stupid

tks
1texan
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
where is eccl

not from here and only here on long business periods

can do anything on weekends
keep a complete set of weapons for about anything and plenty of ammo.
not  a drinker or a chaser and golf is stupid

tks
1texan
View Quote
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Erie+County+Conservation/@41.3334148,-82.6151432,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x883a3f05dc14ed15:0x8632f4dd00c41802!8m2!3d41.3334148!4d-82.6129545
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.eriecountycl.com
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#17]
For the shoot off, are the shotgun targets steel plates or clay pigeons?

eta: NVM - I see you wrote "knock-over".
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm currently at around 25 shooters for the main match, I'll probably shut it down at 30 to make the bracket manageable for a one day event.

If anyone hasn't signed up yet I would do so asap.

Side matches will still be available if you are unable to get into the main match.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I am currently at 31 pre registered shooters. I'm closing the open registration and any new shooters will be placed on a wait list and moved into the bracket if we have any cancelations.

Anyone who is not on the wait list will be considered on a first come first served basis if we have any no shows on match day.

Shooters who were not able to get into the main match are still invited to shoot the side matches.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
snip
Equipment:

To keep everyone on a level playing field all equipment will be held to Tac optics / Tac Irons as defined in the 3 gun nation handbook.

Other equipment will be allowed... IE 45 acp's or 308's as long as they are deemed to offer no competitive advantage.

All firearms will be staged mag inserted / tube full on empty chamber.

snip
View Quote

Are you going to enforce the no suppressor rule for Tac optics?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you going to enforce the no suppressor rule for Tac optics?
View Quote
Your good to go for the head to head portion (no timer), the only issue on the side match will be if our timer picks up your shots.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#22]
What are the size and distances for the shoot off targets?

What is the order?  Shogun, rifle, pistol?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
5" knock overs at 40 to 45 yards for rifle, 4"x8" knock overs  at 15 yards for pistol and the pipe type (2" x 8" ) shotgun knock overs we used at the last match for shotgun. I tested the targets this weekend and the rifle targets can be a challenge off hand so I'll supply a blue barrel for each shooter to use as an improvised rest if they so wish.

You will shoot rifle, shotgun then pistol.

The side matches you'll just have to figure out on your own
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
5" knock overs at 40 to 45 yards for rifle, 4"x8" knock overs  at 15 yards for pistol and the pipe type (2" x 8" ) shotgun knock overs we used at the last match for shotgun. I tested the targets this weekend and the rifle targets can be a challenge off hand so I'll supply a blue barrel for each shooter to use as an improvised rest if they so wish.

You will shoot rifle, shotgun then pistol.

The side matches you'll just have to figure out on your own
View Quote
Cool, thanks.

...totally understand on the side matches, wouldn't have it any other way.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Plaques for the shoot off....

1st will be awarded to our top shooter and the 2nd and 3rd place awards will be placed in the ladies restroom in the clubhouse

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#26]
No slugs, right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#27]
no slugs or buck.

Looks like the weather might make the day fun. Worst case we will set up so we can shoot under cover... just bring your rain gear for resetting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
no slugs or buck.

Looks like the weather might make the day fun. Worst case we will set up so we can shoot under cover... just bring your rain gear for resetting.
View Quote
Three days ago the forecast was a sunny 80 degrees, now calling for rain all day.  UGH!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like your full up on shooters but would it be a option for me and my brother to come watch and get a feel for how a match goes we are both interested in trying it out in the future.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks like your full up on shooters but would it be a option for me and my brother to come watch and get a feel for how a match goes we are both interested in trying it out in the future.
View Quote
I would show up ready to shoot.  No one pre-payed, so the weather might keep some people away and there may be open spots.  There is are also the side matches to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
You will be good either way, I had a couple cancelations this morning and I'm sure the weather will keep some of the group at home. Bring your gear, I would image once you see the action you'll want to participate. Its a very group to shoot with and perfect match set up if your new to the sport.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Just a heads up...

The food vendor fell through, make sure you bring food/water.

I'll be bringing some easy up's so our shooters can shoot from cover. I will make the decision on match day regarding the layout of the shoot off, if its wet/slippery I'll eliminate the "run to your gun" portion for safety reasons.

The forecast is looking like intermittent "crud" up to an inch of rain for the day so shooting shouldn't be too bad. 3 gun is an all weather sport, bring your rain gear and embrace the suck.... muzzle breaks do look pretty cool in the rain
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Any updates as to the start time for the head to head match? 32 shooters with double elimination is over 60 matches. Even a quick turn over time still puts us at a 4-5 hour day. It would be nice to post up a bracket with estimated start times though out the day so we can be prepared a head of time and also get out of The elements if need be (or go get lunch and dinner). Thanks for putting on this match.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Any updates as to the start time for the head to head match? 32 shooters with double elimination is over 60 matches. Even a quick turn over time still puts us at a 4-5 hour day. It would be nice to post up a bracket with estimated start times though out the day so we can be prepared a head of time and also get out of The elements if need be (or go get lunch and dinner). Thanks for putting on this match.
View Quote
Start time will stay as originally posted.

I think your math is spot on and without a doubt (especially if mother nature decides to kick us around) Saturday will be a long day. If I remember correctly last years match ran till about 4:00pm.

The "long day" component is part of the mental game of 3 gun and part of any match you may attend. It is also part of match etiquette that all shooters actively help reset the stage and keep the match moving throughout that long day. This aspect makes scheduling shooting times or allowing shooters to leave the match for extended periods of time almost impossible to do.

Bring all the food/water/gear you think you may need to get through the day. I think you will find, especially with the head to head format, the 5 hours will go very quickly.

To put things in perspective I attended last years lady 3 gun in South Carolina with my wife. The lady's started the day in the dark and it was dark when we were loading equipment into the truck to leave. The girls shot during a hurricane.... 12 inches of rain that day, with 8 inches the night before.... we were soaked, red mud head to toe and attacked by floating masses of fire ants. Strangely enough none of the ladies complained and even when it was impossible to score the saturated paper targets they refused to stop for the day and scored their runs on the honor system. My wife proudly wears her "Muddy Maiden" shirt, "When the going gets tough, the tough get a boat".  That, my friend, is 3 gun.

Having said that if you have a medical issue or a scheduling need please approach me at the match and I will do everything I can to accommodate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Well if it will help I can print large scale drawings so if you want me to bring out something to keep track of the tourney I can print it for you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=32+team+double+elimination+bracket&oq=32+team+double&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.353069j0j4&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#xxri=10
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well if it will help I can print large scale drawings so if you want me to bring out something to keep track of the tourney I can print it for you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=32+team+double+elimination+bracket&oq=32+team+double&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.353069j0j4&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#xxri=10
View Quote
Thanks, that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Do you know what ranges will be close Saturday? Will any be available to Target shoot as normal?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#38]
the 50 and 100 will be closed for our match and the 300/200 and 25 will be open for members to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I have D sized prints of a double elimination bracket
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#40]
How many shooters did we end up with in the shoot off?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Even with the awful weather we had 20 shooters for the main match and 2 that came out just to shoot the side matches. From the comments I heard everyone had a blast and would like to have a similar match in the near future. I'll do what I can to pitch the idea to the club, if your a member be sure to email them that you enjoyed the event.  

Thanks to all that came out and a special thanks to those who helped with setup and running the match.

Main Match

1st Ryan T.
2nd Ironmaker
3rd Andrew M.

Side matches

Rifle

1st Andrew M. 21.51s
2nd Brian C. 22.60s
3rd Amy C. 28.71s

Pistol

1st Justin K. 11.43s
2nd Andrew M. 16.45s
3rd Joel S. 20.41s

Shotgun

1st Justin K. 6.86s
2nd Ironmaker 17.72s
3rd Andrew M. 19.04s

Combo

1st Justin K. 22.10s
2nd Andrew M. 70.08S
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top