Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/30/2017 3:04:46 AM EDT
Well, there is plenty of protest across our nation's airports this weekend. The protest at CMH happened this Sunday.
I have lots of respects towards most police officers; however CMH (and some CPD officers who showed up later) officers' behavior during the aforementioned protest disgusted me. For us, the law-abiding residents of Central Ohio, many of us are harassed by CMH officers when we drive to pick up our loved ones at CMH: they will warn you, threaten you, even ticket you, if you stop longer then 30 seconds (yes, literally 30seconds!) outside the terminal, no matter how light the traffic is, even if you stay in your vehicle with your engine running. They also harass Uber drivers to protect the turf for Somalian taxi drivers. If you stop by Hamilton Road near the runway (outside the fence, obviously) to take some photos of plane taking-off/ landing towards sun, they will show up pretty quickly and threaten to confiscate your professional-grade camera.  Yes, I understand there is policy to be enforced and "we have to ensure safety, security, and convenience of all passengers". However, when bunch of protesters marched towards CMH, brought ground transportation to a halt, then marched into terminal to cause chaos. what did your heroic CMH officers do? Absolutely nothing. They allowed protesters to trespass CMH property, jeopardize airport operation, and cause troubles for travelers. Is this the double-standard that is followed by CMH police? This is truly disgusting for us.

My follow Central OH residents, please contact your state representative and senators to voice your concern with CMH's inability to maintain a safe, secure, and convenient environment at CMH for travelers. We cannot allow our tax dollars to support police departments that harass law-abiding, regular folks and do nothing when facing illegal trespassers.

Airport Police Department614-239-4029 - ask to speak with either their head of department or leave a comment.
Columbus Regional Airport Authority Administrative Offices (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)614-239-4000
http://columbusairports.com/contact-us/

!0TV's report about the protest
http://www.10tv.com/article/hundreds-stand-together-columbus-airport-opposition-immigration-ban
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Edit this down to be more concise and you have a good letter to the editor and to your representatives.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top