Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2017 6:25:31 PM EDT
Noticed target world offering both of these and got me interested in participating, not necessarily there. It would be a good excuse to shoot more and something different than regular range shooting which is all I have access too. I don't expect to be competitive by any means. I have a glock 19 and 43 but have been having trouble finding out what else I would really need or what to expect. Any input would be appreciated
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't reply to IDPA. I have been a GSSF member for years. Wife is a member also. For GSSF outdoor matches you'll need 4 mags and around 120 rds for each category you shoot. Indoor matches require 50 rds. Come on over to TargetWorld and join and shoot. GSSF is full of great people. Go to GSSFonline.com and check the schedules for indoor and outdoor matches. Closest outdoor is in Dayton, May 6-7.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Clinton County sportsman club offers IDPA match on the first sunday of the month.  It starts in march I believe hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't reply to IDPA. I have been a GSSF member for years. Wife is a member also. For GSSF outdoor matches you'll need 4 mags and around 120 rds for each category you shoot. Indoor matches require 50 rds. Come on over to TargetWorld and join and shoot. GSSF is full of great people. Go to GSSFonline.com and check the schedules for indoor and outdoor matches. Closest outdoor is in Dayton, May 6-7.
View Quote

What is required for the indoor matches?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Clinton County sportsman club offers IDPA match on the first sunday of the month.  It starts in march I believe hope to see you there.
View Quote

I'll put it in the calendar. Do I need to be a member there?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What is required for the indoor matches?
View Quote

Works best if you have 3 mags, even with 3 you will have to reload them each once. 50rds for each pistol you shoot. With the 43 you can opt to shoot a pocket Glock category that is 25 rds. Make sure to bring extra ammo just in case you might have to do a reshoot for any reason.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been shooting the IDPA match at TW off and on for a couple months.  They shoot the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays.  Shooting starts at 6:00 stop by.

JLE
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
IDPA up in Oxford(Izaak Walton League) every 2nd Sunday of the month. Should be starting up in March.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
You will need quality ear and eye protection, three to 4 magazines, at lease 50 rounds of ammo and more like 200. Sturdy foot wear, thick belt and good OWB holster. Dress for the weather as some matches are in and outdoor. The match location will have targets, pasters, score cards. Have a bag with pen, pencil hydration and a snack. Plan to spend 3 to 4 hours depending on number of shooters. Most clubs don't require that you be a member but you will pay a fee ($20 or so depending) being a member of USPSA, NRA may get you a better entrance fee. North of Cincy you could shoot every weekend if you want. Miami Rifle and pistol in Milford, Hamilton Sportsmans, Premier and others have shoots. Go to a match and WATCH, attend the safety briefing, see how scores are kept. It is a good hobby.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Should be indoor GSSF  small shoot at Miami Valley Shooting Grounds adjacent to I-75 / I-70 interchange minutes north of downtown Dayton this Saturday according to co-worker..
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the help and info guys. I've had a lot of overtime over the past couple weeks but should be attending soon
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the help and info guys. I've had a lot of overtime over the past couple weeks but should be attending soon
View Quote

Shot GSSF this past Saturday indoors at Miami Valley Shooting Ground

Should be a Monday night USPSA fun shoot on Mondays at Miamisburg Sportsman up till  Monday before Memorial Day
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm the original match director for the IDPA group that started at Ready Line and is now at Target World. It's a great time and I highly encourage you to try it out. The gentleman that took over when I stepped down is oustanding at running good, safe, and fun matches. PM me for his contact info to answer any IDPA questions.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Ready line has IDPA on Monday or Tuesday nights as well I believe. They have a great looking shop too. But I haven't shot there at all. I have shot a handful of uspsa at Miami rifle and pistol.  Great group up there! It's a great time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Ready Line does not hold any IDPA matches any longer, the owner decided it wasn't profitable enough and shut it down. They do hold some in house events from time to time, but I liken them more to carnival games and no longer participate there.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top