Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/10/2017 7:43:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]

That is the bad thing about lightening the requirements, other states may drop reciprocity.  We need national reciprocity.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is the bad thing about lightening the requirements, other states may drop reciprocity.  We need national reciprocity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

As long as it is a mutual agreement between states and not forced by the federal government, I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

As long as it is a mutual agreement between states and not forced by the federal government, I'm all for it.
View Quote

Then it wouldn't be national reciprocity.  

I get it, keep the Fed Gov out of the state's business, but what if the Fed Gov has to enforce the Constitution on the state.  MN is saying OH residents don't have a right to bear arms in the state of MN...as does NY, MD, MA, NJ, CA and so on and so forth.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I get it, keep the Fed Gov out of the state's business, but what if the Fed Gov has to enforce the Constitution on the state.  MN is saying OH residents don't have a right to bear arms in the state of MN...as does NY, MD, MA, NJ, CA and so on and so forth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) Then no law is necessary and the states should be sued to allow it.
2) I don't subscribe to the idea of incorporation. The federal constitution applies to the federal government. Like the first amendment and speech, congress shall make no laws infringing on the right to bear arms. States do what they will. That's why Ohio has gun ownership in its constitution.

If we are going to accept that permits should be necessary for concealed carry (I don't), then let the states make those decisions.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
To cold up there for me anyhow.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Constitutional rights are not optional for states.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Constitutional rights are not optional for states.*
View Quote

*some restrictions apply. Not available in all states. Void where prohibited. Must be 18 or older.

Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad I don't go there anyway.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

1) Then no law is necessary and the states should be sued to allow it.
2) I don't subscribe to the idea of incorporation. The federal constitution applies to the federal government. Like the first amendment and speech, congress shall make no laws infringing on the right to bear arms. States do what they will. That's why Ohio has gun ownership in its constitution.

If we are going to accept that permits should be necessary for concealed carry (I don't), then let the states make those decisions.
View Quote

It's good to see that there are others out there who understand that incorporation was not the intent of the founders.

Switching gears, it's a bummer about Minnesota, but we're still further ahead without them than we were under the old CCW requirements.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's good to see that there are others out there who understand that incorporation was not the intent of the founders.
View Quote

The 11th through 27th amendments to the constitution were not intended by the founders either.  To quote a friend of mine:

"The Fourteenth Amendment re-tasked the Federal state with protecting the basic rights of individuals. Otherwise, the constituent states could return to having established religions, restricting speech, conducting warrantless searches, seizing property without compensation, and controlling weapons."

I'm talking about what is, not what I prefer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meh. I'm all for the gnarled cock of the Feds descending upon NYC, NYS, NJ, CT, MA, MD, DC, CA, and IL.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Meh. I'm all for the gnarled cock of the Feds descending upon NYC, NYS, NJ, CT, MA, MD, DC, CA, and IL.
View Quote

One of the very few reasons I want Federal Authority to shit on the states is when it's to grant more freedom, instead of less. When a matter of a civil right is concerned, I'm satisfied if the states are forced to recognize that right.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top