Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2016 10:14:47 PM EDT
Hey all,

Long time lurker here, I'm looking for a CCW class in Columbus.  Any affordable options that are also good for a relatively new shooter? Something ~30 mins max from from downtown Columbus.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I would check these guys. I believe they have their own range and don't need to use the Delaware Public Range.

Cabelas CCW
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I used Armed2Defend. It was inexpensive and simple.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a great place to start that offers further recommended training after the initial CHL course that is state required.  

http://www.gunenvy.com/training
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Ohio CHL mandatory training is a ticket punch, not training...Take the on-line course and arrange for the small range session.

Buy this by price and convenience
View Quote

Very true.

Can anyone suggest an online class + range time course in the Columbus area? I would like to give some classes for Christmas gifts.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all of the replies, I'm now leaning towards the Armed2Defend class because it looks like I should be able to take it the weekend if Novemeber 19-20 which is what I'm looking for. Unless anyone has a reason not to use them? Also I do plan to look into more training in the future so thanks for the TDI suggestion.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would check these guys. I believe they have their own range and don't need to use the Delaware Public Range.

Cabelas CCW
View Quote
I used them. Nice guys.

The instructora who use the Delaware range are squatting on a public resource and should be banned from doing so, or pay for that they commercialize.

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I used them. Nice guys.

The instructora who use the Delaware range are squatting on a public resource and should be banned from doing so, or pay for that they commercialize.

View Quote

well since each person pays to be there and use the range then how are they squatting?
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

well since each person pays to be there and use the range then how are they squatting?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used them. Nice guys.

They are a for profit company using the public range for profit. Should not  be allowed
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Do any of the classes offer/allow the online training ? Instead of sitting in class for 8 hours ?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I teach with a group of instructors. We only teach a class once a month (typically). All of the instructors volunteer to keep the costs down. We charge $65 and provide all materials, guns, and ammo.

Link
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do any of the classes offer/allow the online training ? Instead of sitting in class for 8 hours ?
View Quote

The problem with the online training is it takes 6-7 hours to complete and there is still a bunch of requirements for the instructors plus that mandatory 2 hours at the range. This ends up being ~12 hours total for the student. Plus the online, aka blended, training costs $60 plus most training outfits would probably still end up charging the student $60+ to recoup their costs. I am not a fan of the blended training and we don't offer it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Recommend the class thought build-a-gun. Range time was at lepd, and class at the build a gun store. Good price, and the instructors were good (all leo's)
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Recommend the class thought build-a-gun. Range time was at lepd, and class at the build a gun store. Good price, and the instructors were good (all leo's)
View Quote

$120 at Build-A-Gun
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top