Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/15/2016 2:23:22 PM EDT
I live in southern Ohio..about 20 minutes outside of Cincinnati.

I need to get my front door replaced..and two rear sliding doors replaced.

One of the sliding doors will just have a new sliding door put in place...and the basement sliding door will be replaced with French doors...

I am looking at Gilkey...any other places I should look or you all recommend?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't recommend Champion at this time as they screwed up my window install a few months back and only just a few minutes ago called to schedule a replacement with another set of new windows. Calls to their Dayton area district manager are never returned.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't recommend Champion at this time as they screwed up my window install a few months back and only just a few minutes ago called to schedule a replacement with another set of new windows. Calls to their Dayton area district manager are never returned.
View Quote

Stay away from champion.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Email sent.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
how about renewal by anderson, that catchy jingle and milf redhead?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to detract from op, but I am in the same damn boat...

OP, what have you found?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
how about renewal by anderson, that catchy jingle and milf redhead?
View Quote

You know who she is.   Sales for Dominion Homes in the Galloway area.  Sold tons of homes under the liar loan.  Not all her fault, the buyers fell for her sales pitch.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Gilkey did twelve replacement windows and two sliding doors for me about 10 years ago and I am really happy.  The installation team came in and did the entire job in one day with little/no impact on us.  Have had some problems with the sliding window locks breaking, but after having them come out to replace the second one, the tech said "Can you work a screwdriver?"  and then left me about a half dozen of the locks if any more break.  (I have had two more break since then).  But beyond that they were great to work with.

Funny story is I had Champion out right before Gilkey and the salesman for Champion was a jerk from the start.  When he found out I was talking to Gilkey, he started slamming the sales guy by name, saying the Gilkey guy used to work for him and he had to fire him and sue him and wouldn't ever even let him walk into his house, and I should just cancel the meeting with Gilkey and buy from Champion right now etc etc etc.  When the Gilkey guy showed up he was straight up, said yep I worked for him for 6 months, the guy was an a$$ to work for so I quit.  Gilkey guy laid out the facts that basically the window are so similar that each has one or two things they do different so that they can say ours is better because of X and Y and the other guys do Z which is no good.  Gave me the quote and said, "That is it, I am not going to waste any more of you time, look it over and let me know what you decide"  Really good sales experience.  I went with Gilkey even though they were just slightly more expensive.  Champion guy called back a couple of days later to find out why I hadn't bought yet and when I told him I went with Gilkey because I liked the guy he fired better them him he lost it and we went from unprofessional to me just hanging up on him.

JLE
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Champion salesman name?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Been too many years to remember.  Ill see if I may have kept his quote along with the Gilkey papers.

Quoted:
Champion salesman name?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm kinda in the same boat (I live in West Chester) so about 20 minutes away from downtown Cincinnati. I'm looking to get two exterior doors replaced as well. I've had Sears over for an estimate so far. They only specialize in large fancy front doors. I'm kinda wanting something more industrial for my basement and garage exterior doors. Maybe Gilkey will have it. Thanks for the lead on them.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top