Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/7/2016 12:12:02 PM EDT
Talked to Gwen directly about it yesterday and she says it's a "go".

The announcement has been made on FoCP's site:

Sept 3 - Rifle

Sept 4 - Pistol

Let's get the word out, so attendance is up and they continue to do these!

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Talked to Gwen directly about it yesterday and she says it's a "go".

The announcement has been made on FoCP's site:

http://www.friendsofcampperry.org/events.html

Sept 3 - Rifle
Sept 4 - Pistol

Let's get the word out, so attendance is up and they continue to do these!

View Quote

BUMP for interest :-)
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive seen videos of the past pistol pop-up events.

How does the rifle one work?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Targets from 70 to 300 yards. 1-3 at a time. 40 targets total. You can shoot prone, sitting, or standing. Anything under .50 is fair game. No burst/full auto.

There are pauses to reload every 8 targets or so, to make it fair for the Garands.

A buddy of mine shot hie semi 1919 once.

You can shoot a bolt-action, but a semi-auto is recommended. I did shoot my RC K98 once. Only got 33 rounds off, but it WAS damn fun!

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
  Targets from 70 to 300 yards. 1-3 at a time. 40 targets total. You can shoot prone, sitting, or standing. Anything under .50 is fair game. No burst/full auto.
There are pauses to reload every 8 targets or so, to make it fair for the Garands.
You can shoot a bolt-action, but a semi-auto is recommended. I did shoot my RC K98 once. Only got 33 rounds off, but it WAS damn fun!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa. That sounds really fun!

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]
This is next weekend?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This is next weekend?
View Quote
Yes.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is next weekend?
Yes.  

Unfortunately the link provided to a flyer is blank.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, looks like its broken.

Registration usually starts at 8AM. Cost to shoot is usually $10/relay for members of ORPA and $15/relay for non-members.

If you're going to shoot more than 3 relays, it usually works out better to join up while you're there.

Pistol course of fire is 40 shots at 40 targets, at ranges from 7 to 30 meters. There will be pauses for reloading.

Rifle course is 40 shots at 40 targets, at ranges of 70 to 300 meters. There also will be pauses for reloading.

Nothing over .45 cal for either shoot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Registration usually starts at 8AM. Cost to shoot is usually $10/relay for members of ORPA and $15/relay for non-members.

If you're going to shoot more than 3 relays, it usually works out better to join up while you're there.

Pistol course of fire is 40 shots at 40 targets, at ranges from 7 to 30 meters. There will be pauses for reloading.

Rifle course is 40 shots at 40 targets, at ranges of 70 to 300 meters. There also will be pauses for reloading.

View Quote

I have to double check my schedule but that sounds exactly like my kind of thing for this weekend.

Next question:
For pistol, do you draw and shoot from holster? Can you draw and shoot from holster?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have to double check my schedule but that sounds exactly like my kind of thing for this weekend.

Next question:

For pistol, do you draw and shoot from holster? Can you draw and shoot from holster?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Next question:

You do not and cannot. Pistol starts out on a table in front of you and stays there until you're instructed to load.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#12]
should be interesting to see how many 39's I can shoot.... seems I always get targets with center mass removed.

all part of the game I guess
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Still time to get in, if you're close. No waiting to register and maybe an hour to wait to shoot, if you're registering now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I see that a rifle course will be on November 12 of this year I tried emailing to get some more info  but cant get any response.Does any one have valid email address so I can email my questions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I see that a rifle course will be on November 12 of this year I tried emailing to get some more info  but cant get any response.Does any one have valid email address so I can email my questions.
                                                                   Thanks
View Quote

I can't find anything, but post them here.

One of us can likely answer them.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Do you have to do a minimum number of reloads during the match. Say I have a 60rd mag for a AR can I load all 40 rounds in the mag and avoid changing mags.
If I'm shooting surplus ammo and it has a steel core like 7.62x54r can I shoot it at the steel plates or is only lead core ammo allowed.
If some one wanted to shoot a SEMI AUTO belt fed gun is that allowed.

thanks

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#17]
No reloads required. Drums and high-capacity mags are fine.
No ammo restrictions, other than no riles over .45 cal, if I recall correctly. I know .50s are out.

Belt-fed semis are just fine, but no "rapid fire"/full auto.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

This has been moved to the 26th I believe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

It look like.

Looks like nothing bigger than .308.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top