Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/9/2016 6:20:16 PM EDT
There is a brand new shooting range at the corner of Baumhart and Cooper Foster, the southwest corner of Lorain, OH.  https://www.google.com/maps/dir//41.404796,-82.2798906/@41.4048798,-82.2799996,292m/data=!3m1!1e3

15, 25, 50, 100 yards and a huge shoot house.  Whoever built it put some money into it, including good drainage.  I hope it will be a club or semi-public training facility and not a PD shooting range.  

Drainage

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot house

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks fantastic!!!!
Does it belong to that fancy outdoor club just east of there?  I think it's beaver creek hunt club?    
Obviously you were able to just get out and look around.  I'm totally checking this out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks fantastic!!!!
Does it belong to that fancy outdoor club just east of there?  I think it's beaver creek hunt club?    
Obviously you were able to just get out and look around.  I'm totally checking this out tomorrow.
View Quote

I thought maybe Beaver Creek too.  You're right, they're fancy.  I've heard the initiation fee is upwards of $10k.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
is there an address?  49150 is adult mart.  I tried looking up the location on the lorain county auditors site to try and find the owner/owners
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been dying to find a good place to shoot and that's literally 10 minutes west of where I live.  I signed up for there email notifications.  That would be great if they did some public classes there!
Thanks for keeping a heads up.  I don't know how I missed this place!
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

How did you know this?
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Man that looks slick.  I lived in the area when I worked for KTM for a bit and also met my wife there so I still frequent the area.  My FIL is a member of the Vermillion Fish & Game but it's a slowfire club and the rifle range is nearly always closed when we are there.  

I was looking into taking carbine classes in Southern Ohio but that there is right up my alley.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How did you know this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How did you know this?

I've purchased a few holsters from zero9holsters and was made aware of it via their social media site.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I pass them on the way to my club in Sandusky. I need to stop there to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats some serious money in the dirt work.

Wow.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wow.
View Quote

Yes, there's some money tied up in it.  It was just a soybean field a few months ago.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't see any construction of the two classrooms they mention on their website when I drove by this morning.  The range itself looks like it's maybe 90% completed.   I hope they do some public courses soon.  I had never even heard of zero9 until now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yes, there's some money tied up in it.  It was just a soybean field a few months ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.

It looks like they did a great job from the pics...
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't see any construction of the two classrooms they mention on their website when I drove by this morning.  The range itself looks like it's maybe 90% completed.   I hope they do some public courses soon.  I had never even heard of zero9 until now.
View Quote

I hope they put on 3 gun matches.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great idea^

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#18]
My BIL lives just south of there and is a CCW instructor. I'll have to ask him if he is/can/would use that type of place. He already has a nice little range he uses on his property and I suspect he will continue to do so.

Really interested to see what kind of programs they put on there and how much will be usable by the public. About 45 minutes from my house, easily the most elaborate range in the area that I'm aware of. Have to wait and see.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Ill have to take a little trip over there and see what's up, I'm five mins from there. Hopefully they have good classes at decent prices. And hopefully the hoods stay out too.....
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My BIL lives just south of there and is a CCW instructor. I'll have to ask him if he is/can/would use that type of place. He already has a nice little range he uses on his property and I suspect he will continue to do so.

Really interested to see what kind of programs they put on there and how much will be usable by the public. About 45 minutes from my house, easily the most elaborate range in the area that I'm aware of. Have to wait and see.

Don in Ohio
View Quote

Is his range on Stick Rd?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don in Ohio

Ken, right?  My wife did his ccw course.   Good guy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don in Ohio

Yeah, that's the one.

Don in Ohio

ETA: He wasn't aware of this place yet, just talked to him on the phone. If he finds out anything he'll let me know.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#23]
They did the logoed holsters for a conference lately, that was the first I'd seen or heard anything about the company or the property.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm attending a friends carbine/handgun course there tomorrow Cant wait, that place looks pretty badass
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm attending a friends carbine/handgun course there tomorrow Cant wait, that place looks pretty badass
View Quote

Are you LE or civilian? Is your friend from zero9?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's going to be miserably hot and there is no shade, keep hydrated and let us know how it goes.  I'll be able to hear you shooting from my office.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:02:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's going to be miserably hot and there is no shade, keep hydrated and let us know how it goes.  I'll be able to hear you shooting from my office.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Despite being Africa hot, it  was a great time!!  I really like that range setup, those guys put some serious thought, time and money into it
As far as  I know, the range is LE  and instructor use only for now, which IMO is a good thing with RT2 and Cooper Foster rd being that close.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Despite being Africa hot, it  was a great time!!  I really like that range setup, those guys put some serious thought, time and money into it
As far as  I know, the range is LE  and instructor use only for now, which IMO is a good thing with RT2 and Cooper Foster rd being that close.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was kind of hoping it would be LE/instructor use only.  I'm looking forward to attending class there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those barriers must really absorb the sound.  I work 600 yards from the range and was outside several times and didn't hear any shooting at all.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was kind of hoping it would be LE/instructor use only. I'm looking forward to attending class there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was kind of hoping it would be LE/instructor use only. I'm looking forward to attending class there.

Absolutely my opposite hope!  I hope they sell some memberships and hold public 3 gun and other shooting matches.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Absolutely my opposite hope!  I hope they sell some memberships and hold public 3 gun and other shooting matches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize my verbiage was restrictive.  Allow me to try again.  

I was kind of hoping it would be a supervised range.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#32]

I realize my verbiage was restrictive.  Allow me to try again.  

I was kind of hoping it would be a supervised range.
View Quote

Yes, being totally open to the public in such a visible area would be bad.  I am being selfish since I work 600 yards from the range and live a mile away, I would like to be able to buy a membership and use the range at my leisure.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Those barriers must really absorb the sound.  I work 600 yards from the range and was outside several times and didn't hear any shooting at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice! i'll have my bud pass that on to the owners.   Plus the train tracks, highway noise help drown out the blasting  Well worth the drive from way out east for me

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#34]
This looks like it's about 35 minutes from me. I'm hoping there is some type of civilian membership that can be purchased. I need to find a good outdoor range near me.

Anyone heard any talk about memberships being offered?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm kinda disappointed this place has been kept so quiet.  
I consider myself to be a 'gun guy' or 'gun nut' and I've never even heard of zero9 holsters (recently bought from Raven Concealment since they're awesome and they're in North Ridgeville).  
I'm looking forward to hopefully using this range as much as time and $$ allows.  
Just as long as it's not LE only.  I might cry if that news is broken.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm pretty sure the website as of now says LEO, or military with a valid DoD card or retired with military ID (maybe VA?). I was looking around on the website, coulda swore I saw it on there somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Not sure how they are going to make enough money to stay open. Unless they do a lot of classes. But most law/mill have their own ranges ??
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not sure how they are going to make enough money to stay open. Unless they do a lot of classes. But most law/mill have their own ranges ??
View Quote

I sent them a message on FB and they said they were going to offer "a limited number of memberships."  I'm not sure what "limited" means, could be 100, could be 1000.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I sent them a message on FB and they said they were going to offer "a limited number of memberships."  I'm not sure what "limited" means, could be 100, could be 1000.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you mind sharing the details if they give you more specifics? Seems like there is a good amount of interest. I'm sure others would appreciate the info, as well.

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Would you mind sharing the details if they give you more specifics? Seems like there is a good amount of interest. I'm sure others would appreciate the info, as well.

Thanks

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

That's all I know.  You can find them on FB as Northern Ohio Tactical Training Center.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I messaged zero9 on Facebook about wanting to use their range and the reply was:
once we get up and running there will be all kinds of classes available and we hope to host as many 3 gun and other style competitions as we can schedule. We have a facebook page for it now - Northern Ohio Tactical Training Center - NOTTC is the handle for it.
so I'm optimistic
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I messaged zero9 on Facebook about wanting to use their range and the reply was:
once we get up and running there will be all kinds of classes available and we hope to host as many 3 gun and other style competitions as we can schedule. We have a facebook page for it now - Northern Ohio Tactical Training Center - NOTTC is the handle for it.
so I'm optimistic
View Quote

Awesome!   I am way more interested in matches than classes.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Just did a carbine/handgun class there.

Awesome place.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Awesome place.
View Quote

Today?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Today?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome place.

Today?

No no.

Last Friday.

Ill say the trainers name is Ron. Local guy. Ex-DEV. Noot sure if others posting in this thread were in the same class.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Also I hope it attracts some of the national big-name guys.

Im in westside-CLE so its much closer than Alliance or A&A for me.

As I said, its a great facility with tons of potential.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Noot sure if others posting in this thread were in the same class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome place.

Today?

nice and cool wasn't it?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
  nice and cool wasn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome place.

Today?

nice and cool wasn't it?

I was sure at a few points I was gonna die.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#49]
How did you guys find out about the class?
Are you LE?
Was the instructor someone from zero9 or was the range rented out to an instructor that organized it?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

How did you guys find out about the class?

Are you LE?

Was the instructor someone from zero9 or was the range rented out to an instructor that organized it?
View Quote

FWIW Im a nobody. I have a CCW permit though.

My buddy/co-worker doesnt even have that.

It was all the trainer's move in my case.

(AFAIK I dont know who or what zero9 is btw)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top