Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/16/2016 11:35:55 PM EDT

First ever Precision Rifle Series Match is about to happen in Ohio. It's official!

Mark your calendars for Sept. 10-11th!

Be prepared for one heck of a match!

location not posted yet, speculations is Rayners.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Busy few months of shooting this fall. Should be a good time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

PRS - Sept 10th-11th
ALGC Precision Match - Oct 15th
Rayners - Oct 28th, 29th

What else?  

When is the North Coast Sniper Challenge match this fall?  Has Steve posted registration info yet?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
PRS - Sept 10th-11th

Rayners - Oct 28th, 29th

What else?  

When is the North Coast Sniper Challenge match this fall?  Has Steve posted registration info yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PRS - Sept 10th-11th

Rayners - Oct 28th, 29th

What else?  

I'm not doing Algc, but I am shooting Gaurdian in MI on 10/8. Steve hasn't posted anything for his yet, but I am assuming that and other night match at rayners out on by pitch black precision.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Confirmed at Rayner's
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Post from BIg Dog Steel on FB

Big Dog Precision Rifle Match scheduled for September 10&11, 2016.  We are planning an awesome venue.  Plenty of long distance shooting, barricade work, fun stages, and hit-able targets.  I'm still working out the details for lunch on Saturday.  However, I am planning to bring in a BBQ catering service for Sunday afternoon.  I can't think of a more American way to remember Sept. 11th than hanging out with friends, eating BBQ and shooting stuff.  

The match will be held at Rayners Range in Blue Rock Ohio.  Most local guys are very familiar with that range.  It is an excellent facility!  Tom and his wife are great people.  They've been very supportive of the shooting community for years and I'm happy to hold the event at their place.  The facility is approx. 30 minutes away from plenty of hotels in Zanesville, OH.

Match Fees will be $195 for the weekend and will include -
T-shirts, Lunch, beverages, trophies and a trip to the prize table.

Registration will be July 15th at noon EST on our website.  Links will be posted a few minutes before registration goes live.

The PRS committee is still discussing feasibility for the match.  There are a lot of matches scheduled already this year and they are concerned with matches not filling up.  With the interest shown  by shooters so far...I think we can fill this match pretty quick.  

What do you guys think?

Thank you all for your support!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Is PRS membership required?
How many does it take to fill the match?
I'm guessing it won't be a problem, but just curious.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is PRS membership required?

How many does it take to fill the match?

I'm guessing it won't be a problem, but just curious.
View Quote
No not required, but some matches they give preference. I imagine this one will fill pretty quickly especially since It will be at Rayner's
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Big Dog Precision Rifle Match scheduled for September 10&11, 2016. We are planning an awesome venue. Plenty of long distance shooting, barricade work, fun stages, and hit-able targets. I'm still working out the details for lunch on Saturday. However, I am planning to bring in a BBQ catering service for Sunday afternoon. I can't think of a more American way to remember Sept. 11th than hanging out with friends, eating BBQ and shooting stuff.

The match will be held at Rayners Range in Blue Rock Ohio. Most local guys are very familiar with that range. It is an excellent facility! Tom and his wife are great people. They've been very supportive of the shooting community for years and I'm happy to hold the event at their place. The facility is approx. 30 minutes away from plenty of hotels in Zanesville, OH.

Match Fees will be $195 for the weekend and will include -

T-shirts, Lunch, beverages, trophies and a trip to the prize table.

Registration will be July 15th at noon EST on our website. Links will be posted a few minutes before registration goes live.

The PRS committee is still discussing feasibility for the match. There are a lot of matches scheduled already this year and they are concerned with matches not filling up. With the interest shown by shooters so far...I think we can fill this match pretty quick.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.bigdogsteel.com/bigdogstprri1.html

The match is shown as out of stock, is it sold out already?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

They just put the link up.  It doesn't go on sale until Friday at noon.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if I can go yet or not.  Do you think it would be OK to buy the entry and then if I can't, do you think there will be people wanting to get in later?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm not sure if I can go yet or not.  Do you think it would be OK to buy the entry and then if I can't, do you think there will be people wanting to get in later?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's hard to say.  It isn't going to be a PRS match now so it will draw less people in.  I'm not sure what the cut off is for amount of people.  There are a lot of people who will shoot it just because it is going to be at Rayner's, but two days is a big commitment.  I wouldn't be eusprised if it sold out, but it may not.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's hard to say.  It isn't going to be a PRS match now so it will draw less people in.  I'm not sure what the cut off is for amount of people.  There are a lot of people who will shoot it just because it is going to be at Rayner's, but two days is a big commitment.  I wouldn't be eusprised if it sold out, but it may not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be nice if you could choose one day of shooting or two.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can pick a day at the rayner's sniper match, but this is going to be run just like a PRS match.  Most of those are two days.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I seen in the rules the Production division should be a one day match, but don't know how this one will be run or if production will be offered.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

From what I seen in the rules the Production division should be a one day match, but don't know how this one will be run or if production will be offered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted

This isn't a PRS match. So they may decide to stick to the PRS rules since it is a precursor match but I would be surprised if you could complete it without shooting two days. The production rules are also extremely limited in what you can even shoot in the class
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#18]
since the last poster can't hot link.

I'm signed up.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
since the last poster can't hot link.

http://www.bigdogsteel.com/bdsprrima.html

I'm signed up.
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:57:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I didn't look, but if it's for sure two days, I probably won't make it.  September and early October are already pretty busy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I didn't look, but if it's for sure two days, I probably won't make it.  September and early October are already pretty busy.
View Quote

It is two days.  They are following a PRS format.  

From the Big Dog Steel Site:

Details: Round count will be approx. 160 rounds to complete the course of fire. The round count may be further refined as we move closer to the match.

Caliber will be restricted to 300WM and below. Muzzle velocity will be restricted to 3,150fps. Competitors may be checked at random.

Registration and check in will be from 7:00am to 8:00am on Saturday morning. No Friday check-in will be required for this match. Please plan to arrive a few minutes before registration opens. You must register and fill out your release prior to zero'ing. Please plan accordingly.

A zero range will be open from 7:30am to 8:00am on Saturday morning.

Match briefing and announcements will start at 8am and shooting will start no later than 8:46am. I would plan to be completed with the day one course of fire around 4:30-5pm.

On Sunday please plan to arrive at approx. 7:30am and be ready to start shooting no later than 8:30am. We are hoping to start the awards ceremony and dinner around 1pm on Sunday afternoon.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#22]
and a big prize table......
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

and a big prize table......
View Quote
I haven't seen any mention of that or the T shirt since they dropped the price and aren't having it be part of the PRS
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#25]

I'm in.

Might even get to pitch a tent with Tee-Rex

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm in.

Might even get to pitch a tent with Tee-Rex

View Quote

That's a strictly enforced no vape zone
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Still spots open for this. I know the cost/round/time commitment adds up, but if people want more stuff like this Ohio this is a good starting point.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I have been lobbying my shooting buddies, who mostly shoot 3 gun and tactical matches at ALGC to go too, but no takers so far, mostly because of schedules.  

Most of my shooting buddies are on the fringe of not having the right equipment for this type of match, there is a barrier to entry for this sport.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I have been lobbying my shooting buddies, who mostly shoot 3 gun and tactical matches at ALGC to go too, but no takers so far, mostly because of schedules.  

Most of my shooting buddies are on the fringe of not having the right equipment for this type of match, there is a barrier to entry for this sport.
View Quote
It's tough.  You definitely have to have a certain type of set up to be able to even really take part. It would be tough to do with a gas 223, but something like that would be better than nothing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Any more word on how well this is filling up?  I am 0'fer asking my friends to go too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Any more word on how well this is filling up?  I am 0'fer asking my friends to go too.
View Quote

I haven't heard anything.  Word was 40 people signed up the first day.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I messaged Big Dog Steel and asked how the sign up was going.  They said there were still a lot of openings.  They stated they hoped the announcement of the rifle prize would garner more shooters.  

Here is Big Dog's rifle announcement.

It is all starting to come together. They guys and gals shooting the BDS Precision Rifle Match are in for an absolute treat.

It all started when Wade Stuteville owner of Stuteville Precision volunteered to produce a one of a kind precision rifle for our match. Wade is one of the most knowledgeable, kind hearted guys I know. He's forgotten more things about precision rifle shooting than I may ever learn and he's one heck of a gunsmith. Along with building the rifle Wade is also donating one of their extremely effective Impact Precision rifle brakes. Phil Cashin owner of Masterpiece Arms agreed to donate one of their awesome chassis for the build. MPA chassis skyrocketed this year in the PRS world with the introduction of their barricade stop and other ingenious inventions for rifle chassis. They're both ergonomic and extremely functional. Shawn Burkholder owner of Hawk Hill Barrels and his right hand man Brix Birckner are producing one of their supremely accurate 6.5mm barrels in their proprietary Pro Marksman Contour. Norm and Mike from Defiance Machine are sending in one of their actions. Defiance actions are among the most popular actions in the PRS community for good reason, they're sleek, precise, accurate and built like a tank. We are extremely happy to have Defiance on board with us again for this match. Tom Meyers owner of X-Treme Shooting is sending the icing on the cake with one of their extremely reliable, and tune-able CG X-Treme triggers.
Soo...how can you win this rifle?? First, register for our match on Sept. 10-11 on our website. Registration is open and spots are filling fast.

http://www.bigdogsteel.com/bdsprrima.html

The rifle will be awarded in a very unique fashion. It gives guys an opportunity to win the rifle without winning the match. We will have approx. 16 stages for our precision rifle match. All stages will be timed (your stage time does not effect your points). The fastest time and highest score on each stage will be declared the stage winner. Each time you win a stage you will be entered into a drawing. You may be entered into the drawing a maximum of 2 times. Should you win 3 or more stages the stage winner will be awarded to the second place finisher for that stage and so on. This opens up the possibility for a guy who shoots decent during the match, but manages to crush one stage to be entered into the drawing and potentially WIN THIS RIFLE!

If that doesn't get you excited you may need to find another sport.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Latest posting from Big Dog is there are a few openings left.  

I am really looking forward to this.  My first match like this was just this past spring at the Northern Ohio Sniper Challenge.  I learned a lot in just that one match and expect the learning curve for this match to be really steep.  

Besides my inexperience, I'll be at a little more of a disadvantage shooting a 20" 308, but oh well.  175 gr TMK's at 2650 fps aren't too bad ballistically.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I am really looking forward to this.  My first match like this was just this past spring at the Northern Ohio Sniper Challenge.  I learned a lot in just that one match and expect the learning curve for this match to be really steep.  

Besides my inexperience, I'll be at a little more of a disadvantage shooting a 20" 308, but oh well.  175 gr TMK's at 2650 fps aren't too bad ballistically.  

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/Ironmaker/Rifle%206.3.16_zpsjj282jsy.jpg
View Quote
Expect this to be much different than that match.  

NEOH was very basic compared to what this will likely be.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/Ironmaker/Rifle%206.3.16_zpsjj282jsy.jpg

That is what I am hoping for, shooting everything prone with plenty of time to set up is a bit elementary.  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top