Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/27/2016 7:49:37 PM EDT
I live in cincinnati and really want to shoot some long distance. Does anyone have recent experience with this range?  What type of range is it, how far can you shoot, does it have targets?  Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I live in cincinnati and really want to shoot some long distance. Does anyone have recent experience with this range?  What type of range is it, how far can you shoot, does it have targets?  Any help would be great.
View Quote
Not a bad place to shoot but it could be better. I'm there once a week usually.
50 and 100 yards for rifles. 7 and 25 yards for handguns? (Not sure, I never venture down there)
Paper targets only.
Pick up your pass anywhere hunting/fishing licenses are sold.
http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/hunting-trapping-and-shooting-sports/shooting-ranges

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

...been quite a while since i've been there, but from what i remember it can get crowded there...   handgun range is pretty much just adequate for target shooting, ..50yd and 100yd ranges for long-guns only...  can't beat the price!
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Went yesterday and today. For a holiday weekend, a surprisingly light crowd both days.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Sign up for the wait list at Miami Rifle and Pistol club. It's in Milford and supposed to be a good range. I've been on the wait list for 3 years
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the best state run range I've been to, but 100 yards is the longest range.

They have a clays range, pistol range, rifle range, shotgun patterning lane, archery range, and walking archery course (not 3D).

$5 a day, or $19 for a year.  You can't buy a range pass at the range.  You can get them where ever they selling hunting, and fishing licenses.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$19 for a year.  .
View Quote

$24/yr. They have plan to put in a 200 yds range.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$19 for a year.  .

I may have been thinking about the price of a hunting license.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Only issues with it is the 100yd max, and sometimes there yahoos with questionable gun handling.  but that the max for any public range in the area, and I'm always a bit suspicious of others.  All in all if your close enough to use it, it's a decent range and a great deal.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought the improvements had already by this time. Is there still only 5 pistol lanes?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I thought the improvements had already by this time. Is there still only 5 pistol lanes?
View Quote

I walked down that way while at the 50 yard and it looked like:

6 bench positions to shoot at 25 yards

6 standing positions to shoot at 7 yards.

A couple of standing positions at the end used only for CCW classes, 15' it looked to be.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
It's the only place I can shoot. Works for me.

No rapid fire. Ranges are 50 and 100yds for the centerfires, 25yds for pistol and rimfire rifle only, and 7yds for pistols only. Gets VERY crowded on good weather weekends. Very few people during the week.

ROs are cool. Nothing really to complain about if you want a place to shoot off a bench.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's the only place I can shoot. Works for me.

No rapid fire. Ranges are 50 and 100yds for the centerfires, 25yds for pistol and rimfire rifle only, and 7yds for pistols only. Gets VERY crowded on good weather weekends. Very few people during the week.

ROs are cool. Nothing really to complain about if you want a place to shoot off a bench.
View Quote

You can never tell. It was dead yesterday between 11:30 and 1:30.

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I stopped going due to being crowded and running into too many idiots there. I now shoot at my own spot with a few other guys.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I stopped going due to being crowded and running into too many idiots there. I now shoot at my own spot with a few other guys.
View Quote

Man, wish I could find a spot like that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A couple of standing positions at the end used only for CCW classes, 15' it looked to be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds the same as last time I went. I was under the impression major improvements had been made.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sounds the same as last time I went. I was under the impression major improvements had been made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes everything's still the same. The Delaware range is getting the refurb first. Ours happens in '17 or '18.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top