Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 11:53:38 AM EDT
I just found out that when you have a CCW permit you have 45 days to notify the Sheriff's Office if you move.

I moved in August of last year. What do I need to do and is there a penalty or fee involved ?

How much trouble am I in ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
have you changed your DL yet?

If it were me I'd go in like I didn't know and try not to mention the date of move. just tell them I need to do whatever needs to be done as I just moved recently.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
DL is changed, moved a week before it was going to expire.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I just stopped by the Sheriffs office and said I'd moved and what do I need to do with my CHL.  Girl was super nice and printed me a new one/took old.  Portage County.  Mine was free, but I did have two little munchkins in tow - so I might have gotten sympathy.

Play dumb, be nice and polite.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Just tell them you moved recently and they will not care.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just tell them you moved recently and they will not care.
View Quote

Truth.

They really have no way of knowing when you "moved". Tell them you just did and move on
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:39:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Play dumb, be nice and polite.
View Quote

I can do this...I can do this very well.

Doesn't sound like it's too big of a deal, thanks guys !
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
You can also send them a generic letter just saving you have moved from point A to point B.
Typically the larger Counties don't issue a new license until you renew. 45 days but there is no defined
penalty in the revised code as I recall.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
When I moved, I just emailed Pam at Delaware County my new address, and she updated it in the system.

Unfortunately, she passed last year, so I don't know who is in charge now.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#9]
FWIW, Florida permit is the same way.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
When I moved, I just called and left a message. They called back later that day saying they noted the change. That was the end of it, they didn't even ask the date. This was Summit County.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Just did this in Wayne, I was there for a background check for work and asked the lady. She had me write down my info and then sent me on my way...
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top